Michigan Hello!

hey RINGEL , nice to meet you , YOOPERS are few and far between everywhere that I have ever been !! Funny but people have said that I have and accent even without the EHHH . I just picked up a BARK RIVER knife a month or 2 ago and I believe that MARBLES is in Gladstone [think] although Marbles seems to be a shadow of what it once was .

hey RINGEL , nice to meet you , YOOPERS are few and far between everywhere that I have ever been !! Funny but people have said that I have and accent even without the EHHH . I just picked up a BARK RIVER knife a month or 2 ago and I believe that MARBLES is in Gladstone [think] although Marbles seems to be a shadow of what it once was .

The last time I was in the UP (Gladestone) was probably 1980. From birth through that visit I probably spent a cumulative total of a year there so I have no clue what businesses are there let alone anything else. I remember a mom & pop store at the end of the street where my mom grew up, a grocery store a couple of blocks the other way, the elementary school, the yacht club and the Catholic church. :dunno:

wll , BARK RIVER is a Podunk area but they make nice knives . Gladstone is pretty much Podunk but MARBLES was / is famous for some sporting goods like knives and gun sights .

I'm from Michigan, 1st generation American. Glad I stumbled across this board. I always check out the issues on the White House website and see what petitions people are trying to push through. I figured I would find some message boards where I could actually talk to people as well.

We battle here. Are you a Democrat, Repub or other? I'm from Michigan too. Snyder sucks! :eusa_shhh:

i'm ' a ' or 'the' yooper on this board , Marquette area , nice to meet you Joey !!

I'm a yooper till I became a troll, for only a little while though. Nice to meet you.

Last edited:

Bark River- have lots of relation there , Gladstone(Happy Rock) , I graduated from there.
No most people don't know Michigan has a UP.

You can't pay us enough to annex Maine into Michigan. Unless you're willing to take Detroit off our hands.

Forum List

Back