Who is Tim Walz?

Well Trump did say ‘I always felt that I was in the military’

Why?

Trump said that his five years at the New York Military Academy provided him with “more training militarily than a lot of the guys that go into the military.”
Why are you suffering from devastated hurt feelings?

Command Sergeant Major Walz serve during wartime

"Though Walz did achieve the rank of command sergeant major, it was a provisional rank until he completed required coursework for senior leaders, National Guard officials said. He did not do so by the time he departed the military and his retirement rank reverted to master sergeant on May 15, 2005, officials said."

The people-of-the-cult need to stop disrespecting military men and women in order to go after Walz

Command Sergeant Major Walz serve during wartime

"Though Walz did achieve the rank of command sergeant major, it was a provisional rank until he completed required coursework for senior leaders, National Guard officials said. He did not do so by the time he departed the military and his retirement rank reverted to master sergeant on May 15, 2005, officials said."

The people-of-the-cult need to stop disrespecting military men and women in order to go after Walz
Walz did not serve in any war. You clucking chickens need to stop lying. Walz set himself up with false claims that amount to stolen Valor.

Walz did not serve in any war. You clucking chickens need to stop lying. Walz set himself up with false claims that amount to stolen Valor.
Given that Operation Enduring Freedom was a part of the post-9/11 War on Terror, and that Walz was deployed to Italy under it...

Yes, Walz served during war.

Tim Walz's own words, 7/29/2006, my emphasis...

"Open debate, clear understanding critical

On Saturday The Free Press printed a letter which implied I embellished my military record. The details of my record can be easily found in numerous articles by The Free Press and other newspapers. Therefore, I must assume that the letter is meant to slander my good name.

For the record, I served 24 years in the Army National Guard and retired as a command sergeant major in May of 2005. I served in three NATO training missions to the Arctic and deployed in support of Operation Enduring Freedom, serving in Italy in 2003-2004.

Last week my opponent admitted his inability to understand issues of national security when he did an about face and publicly acknowledged two things I’ve been saying all along — Baghdad is a mess and the information coming out of this administration is unreliable.

Open debate and a clear understanding of who the candidates are is critical in ensuring we have the most representative and honest government possible. Using innuendo to defame a candidate’s character has no place in this debate. This nation must do better because we have too many important issues facing us to do anything less.

Tim Walz
Candidate for 1st Congressional District
D-Mankato"
Source

He lied...

Army Lieutenant Colonel Kristen Augé, the state public affairs officer for Minnesota National Guard, told Just the News on Wednesday that the governor did not retire as "Command Sergeant Major Walz" in 2005, as stated on Minnesota's official website, but as master sergeant "because he did not complete additional coursework at the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy." A soldier who does not complete the requisite coursework is automatically demoted, according to Army regulations.

And here, he uses wishy-washy language to imply he served in combat...

Walz' words, 2/17/2006...

"Walz served overseas with his battalion in support of Operation Enduring Freedom."

Given that Operation Enduring Freedom was a part of the post-9/11 War on Terror, and that Walz was deployed to Italy under it...

Yes, Walz served during war.

Now that's pretty darn funny.

On Saturday The Free Press printed a letter which implied I embellished my military record. The details of my record can be easily found in numerous articles by The Free Press and other newspapers. Therefore, I must assume that the letter is meant to slander my good name.

For the record, I served 24 years in the Army National Guard and retired as a command sergeant major in May of 2005. I served in three NATO training missions to the Arctic and deployed in support of Operation Enduring Freedom, serving in Italy in 2003-2004.

Last week my opponent admitted his inability to understand issues of national security when he did an about face and publicly acknowledged two things I’ve been saying all along — Baghdad is a mess and the information coming out of this administration is unreliable.

Open debate and a clear understanding of who the candidates are is critical in ensuring we have the most representative and honest government possible. Using innuendo to defame a candidate’s character has no place in this debate. This nation must do better because we have too many important issues facing us to do anything less.

Tim Walz
D-Mankato"
Source

He lied...

Army Lieutenant Colonel Kristen Augé, the state public affairs officer for Minnesota National Guard, told Just the News on Wednesday that the governor did not retire as "Command Sergeant Major Walz" in 2005, as stated on Minnesota's official website, but as master sergeant "because he did not complete additional coursework at the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy." A soldier who does not complete the requisite coursework is automatically demoted, according to Army regulations.

"Walz served overseas with his battalion in support of Operation Enduring Freedom."

Walz retired as a command sergeant major, though the rank was provisional.
Was he wearing the command sergeant major patch and giving orders as a command sergeant major, up until the day he retired?

Tim Walz
D-Mankato"
Source

He lied...

When asked about his service in Afghanistan, Walz did not deny it (April 10, 2006)...

MNCampaignReport: You're a school teacher and veteran of post 9/11 military operations in Afghanistan. How have these experiences prepared you to serve in Congress?

T. Walz: I sure never prepared my life around a run for Congress, but my life has prepared me well. My experience as a public school classroom teacher (and son of a teacher) has taught me the importance of investing in our children and investing in our communities. My military service has taught me the importance of giving back to our country and keeping our committments to those who serve. Authentic experiences are what has prepared me to serve in Congress.

MNCampaignReport: Is there any particular image from your service overseas, particularly in Afghanistan, that really drives you on the campaign trail, or was the political frustration you experienced upon your return to the states a bigger factor?

T. Walz: I have a lifelong commitment to public service, and to making our country better. The divisiveness I've seen in politics is unhealthy for this country and something I am working to correct.

T. Walz: My service in support of Operation Enduring Freedom was in flightline security in Europe.

Stolen valor! He's scum.

Not like that. This is not a TDS thread. Because you can't address your preferred ignorance about Harris, don't lash out like a spoiled child.
You guys hate no matter who we pick. I've heard her say corny shit but I've heard Trump say insane crap too. So lesser of two evils, and the fact that Democrats are more pro labor and medicare and pro choice? I go Democratic every time. Trump's Hitler. I don't know who ran against Hitler but I bet if we lived back then I'd be arguing for that guy and you....

You guys hate no matter who we pick. I've heard her say corny shit but I've heard Trump say insane crap too. So lesser of two evils, and the fact that Democrats are more pro labor and medicare and pro choice? I go Democratic every time. Trump's Hitler. I don't know who ran against Hitler but I bet if we lived back then I'd be arguing for that guy and you....
You Hsrris groupies really overuse the Nazi slogan. Who picked Harris? It wasn't the "we" you claim but the people who told you who you were allowed to vote for.

The Trump people tell me if I do not vote for Trump I deserve Harris.
It's true. Look at when you voted for Bill Clinton

"You know, you look at the country then. The economy was doing great. Look at what happened during the Clinton years. I mean we had no war, the economy was doing great, everybody was happy. A lot of people hated him because they were jealous as hell,’" Trump said.

Look at what happened to you when you didn't vote for Al Gore

Trump: Well, you know, when she first got in and was named speaker, I met her. And I’m very impressed by her. I think she’s a very impressive person. I like her a lot. But I was surprised that she didn’t do more in terms of Bush and going after Bush. It was almost — it just seemed like she was going to really look to impeach Bush and get him out of office, which, personally, I think would have been a wonderful thing.

Blitzer: Impeaching him?

Trump: Absolutely, for the war, for the war.

Blitzer: Because of the conduct of the war.

Trump: Well, he lied. He got us into the war with lies. And, I mean, look at the trouble Bill Clinton got into with something that was totally unimportant. And they tried to impeach him, which was nonsense. And, yet, Bush got us into this horrible war with lies, by lying, by saying they had weapons of mass destruction, by saying all sorts of things that turned out not to be true.

You mean like this?

“Out of eight children that I’m a father and a stepfather to, five of them are struggling, and I’m giving them part of my income on a regular basis,” said one voter, who had a “Trump 2024” patch on his vest.
“How are you going to make the economy — not just the food and electricity — but bring down the rent prices, the housing prices, so that these kids can survive without their parents’ help?”

Trump’s response included some of his best hits: grossly exaggerating inflation numbers, lying about the price of bacon and pledging to gut environmental protections and boost domestic fossil fuel production.

He also threw in a hard-to-interpret comment about China.

“And then we’re gonna have China, and all of these countries that were treating us good when I was there ... it took me a long time to get them to behave properly, all of these countries are gonna again,” he added.

Commentators on social media trashed Trump’s response, calling it “word salad” and a “non-answer,” and accused him of disregarding a genuine question with rambling nonsense.
They do a lot of huffing, (model glue in a paper bag?) At the huffer post.

They do a lot of huffing, (model glue in a paper bag?) At the huffer post.
It doesn't matter where I got the facts from does it? The event really happened right? It was a Republican Trump supporter who asked him the question and Trump avoided the question with his usual ramble about drill baby drill.

Don't expect your sources to tell you when Trump is guilty, wrong or stupid. They won't. It's why you're misinformed.

Forum List

Back