michigan police officers arrest 12 year old taking out the trash

They made a mistake. They did, a mistake.

The mistake resulted in:

--a kid getting misidentified
--a kid getting handcuffed
--a kid getting scared

None of that is good. But it's also not irrevocable, and the dept apologized. In this case, the greater harm is coming after cops so hard they say, en masse, "screw this, it's not worth it". And then this boy's very neighborhood is a stewpot of crime.

But whatever, we're a stupid, silly society chasing after the Outrage of the Day. So be it.

If we have officers without enough common sense to tell themselves, "this is a kid taking out the garbage" they should quit.

If we have officers without enough common sense to tell themselves, "this is a kid taking out the garbage" they should quit.

They will, because our public does not deserve public servants.

I am one, and trust me on this. We don't. We are a horrid, demanding, unforgiving, ungraceful, infantile public undeserving of servants at this point.

We should all quit. I agree with you. There, happy?

You have a real problem extrapolating your experience to everyone's experience. It's a shortcoming in someone who is normally intelligent.

Really?

This kid's experience isn't your experience and you are telling people to naively trust the pigs like you do.

Hey this little N!GGA should be happy he was put in torture cuffs and treated like a fucking criminal right?

They will, because our public does not deserve public servants.

I am one, and trust me on this. We don't. We are a horrid, demanding, unforgiving, ungraceful, infantile public undeserving of servants at this point.

We should all quit. I agree with you. There, happy?
Except pigs don't think they serve the public. They think the public has to bow down to them

he matched the subscription of another punk kid who stole a car they were looking for. honest mistake. i expect to so benjeman crump on this one before long.
So what? Was he charged? Sounds like an honest mistake.

Reminds me of something that happened in Santa Barbara, in 1983.

A gang of black guys robbed a jewelry store.

A short while later, a a group of black men, matching the description of the robbers, was sighted by a police officer, who called in some backup to arrest that group,

It turns out that the arrest was in error, and that the arrestees were members of the famous Harlem Globetrotters.

Saying that all cops are racists is just like saying all teachers are groomers. It's too easy, it's stupid, and it's ultimately destructive.
No one is saying all cops are racist.......but yes, lots of right-wing morons routinely claim all teachers are groomers....in fact, they claim all Democrats are groomers, all gays are groomers, and they definitely claim all trans people are groomers...

So let's not clutch our pearls now

Saying that all cops are racists is just like saying all teachers are groomers. It's too easy, it's stupid, and it's ultimately destructive.
Oh yea.....

I bet you also think all black woman prosecutors are racist too...

And all black women who volunteer to do their civil duty as election workers are all criminals and deserve to be targeted by the president too huh?

It's funny how you folks who are the biggest drama queens when it comes to you being persecuted by the Government -- all ignore these 2 women actually being persecuted by a sitting fucking US president...this is why I will always call yall full of shit

Crappy cops doing a crappy job. Honestly, it doesn't take all that long to avoid making horrible decisions like that.

Same as the idiots who arrested that poor girl in the UK.

Well it's obvious you have no idea about being a police officer and have no idea of how the real world works. Very little goes according to plan all the time and police aren't perfect everytime.

Mistakes happen and when the cops think they have a wanted man they can't dilly dally and himhaw about what to do. They grab them and sort it out because there is no time to waste. And guilty or not they all say the same things I didn't do anything, it was someone else and so on so they have to actually verify that.

Shit happens in life and most of it is a big hassle and a pain in the ass. To think otherwise is incredibly stupid. And for this kid, this is one of those moments. These moments happen to everyone whether it involve the cops or not.

In this day and age it's nice to see police out there doing their job at least unlike a lot of places where their hands are tied while criminals run around free. A few people being inconvenienced here and there is a insignificant price to pay for police doing their job.

The kid deserves a explanation , a handshake, a apology and a steak dinner on the police department for him and his parents.

Well it's obvious you have no idea about being a police officer and have no idea of how the real world works. Very little goes according to plan all the time and police aren't perfect everytime.

Mistakes happen and when the cops think they have a wanted man they can't dilly dally and himhaw about what to do. They grab them and sort it out because there is no time to waste. And guilty or not they all say the same things I didn't do anything, it was someone else and so on so they have to actually verify that.

Shit happens in life and most of it is a big hassle and a pain in the ass. To think otherwise is incredibly stupid. And for this kid, this is one of those moments. These moments happen to everyone whether it involve the cops or not.

In this day and age it's nice to see police out there doing their job at least unlike a lot of places where their hands are tied while criminals run around free. A few people being inconvenienced here and there is a insignificant price to pay for police doing their job.

The kid deserves a explanation , a handshake, a apology and a steak dinner on the police department for him and his parents.
Except everyone isn't grabbed by the cops and put in torture cuffs if they haven't done anything.

You want to equate being abused by a cop with someone making a mistake on your fast food order.

Really?

This kid's experience isn't your experience and you are telling people to naively trust the pigs like you do.

Hey this little N!GGA should be happy he was put in torture cuffs and treated like a fucking criminal right?

First, no, I already said they made a mistake.

Secondly, no, they made a mistake. No one should be happy. However, all things considered, no one was injured. So what do you want. What is the outcome of this?

Oh yea.....

I bet you also think all black woman prosecutors are racist too...

And all black women who volunteer to do their civil duty as election workers are all criminals and deserve to be targeted by the president too huh?

It's funny how you folks who are the biggest drama queens when it comes to you being persecuted by the Government -- all ignore these 2 women actually being persecuted by a sitting fucking US president...this is why I will always call yall full of shit

In case you haven't noticed, I tend not to think "all" anything. For example. Because have have some crooked prosecutors does not mean we don't need prosecutors. Because we have some crooked election workers does not mean we don't need election workers.

Etc.

First, no, I already said they made a mistake.

Secondly, no, they made a mistake. No one should be happy. However, all things considered, no one was injured. So what do you want. What is the outcome of this?

The outcome is an even higher level of distrust of the pigs.

The cops do not care about anyone or their rights and don't be so naïve as to pretend they do.

If you want proof just point a camera at a cop and see what happens.
Just tell some pig you're not going to answer his questions and see what happens.

You'll end up in torture cuffs and then you can tell me they just made a mistake oh well

The outcome is an even higher level of distrust of the pigs.

The cops do not care about anyone or their rights and don't be so naïve as to pretend they do.

If you want proof just point a camera at a cop and see what happens.
Just tell some pig you're not going to answer his questions and see what happens.

You'll end up in torture cuffs and then you can tell me they just made a mistake oh well

.....okay

Crappy cops doing a crappy job. Honestly, it doesn't take all that long to avoid making horrible decisions like that.

Same as the idiots who arrested that poor girl in the UK.
Go live somewhere without police.....you won't live long.
There are no perfect solutions. Police are not perfect but they are needed.

Go live somewhere without police.....you won't live long.
There are no perfect solutions. Police are not perfect but they are needed.

This is the failed argument that we either have to allow the police violate people or have no police at all.

Dismissed.

Forum List

Back