michigan police officers arrest 12 year old taking out the trash

But....they are also imperfect humans.

No doubt. No one is perfect. But common sense tells a normal person you don't place a non violent child in handcuffs until you have done even a smidgen of investigating.

These cops were lazy. That's why they engaged in a cascade of failure.

What a strange period in history. We expect perfection of our public servants. Perfection or BUST. When it's not perfection, and the bust is an absolute disaster (see: the crime wave after Defund the Police) we all look around like "what happened"?

Moral Panics (and even moral absolutes in many cases) are stupid and destructive.
I would agree with you if there wasn't a history of the police harassing, beating and murdering black folks.

Yeah and you'd be saying that if it was your kid too right?

But hey all them N@GGas look the same
Well when the perp is a young black kid that was doing the crime and was reported, yea, they are going to be looking for a young black kid. They detained him and determined he wasn’t the perp.

In case you haven't noticed, I tend not to think "all" anything. For example. Because have have some crooked prosecutors does not mean we don't need prosecutors. Because we have some crooked election workers does not mean we don't need election workers.

Etc.
Why did you avoid what I said...

Do you support a sitting US president targeting, threatening and demonizing these 2 black women who did NOTHING WRONG?

"In an emotional testimony, Moss said she was the recipient of death threats and racist attacks in the weeks after the election, “telling me that I’ll be in jail with my mother and saying things like ‘Be glad it’s 2020 and not 1920.’” She said the alleged flash drive obsessed over by right-wing conspiracy theorists was ginger mints."

Why do you support that? Because Trump hates the same people you hate -??

You will ignore the people who were ACTUALLY BEING PERSECUTED BY THE GOVERNMENT...

These women had multiple people show up at their home, making threats..trying to pass themselves off as law enforcement....Ruby, her daughter and Ruby's grandchild had to move, multiple times....ALL BECAUSE OF TRUMP TARGETING THEM....2 of those people have been indicted....why do you avoid that?

Well...good luck to you...
Hopefully you have some personal protection and hopefully the looney left won't persecute you for using it when you need it. The SCOTUS ruling is probably an outgrowth of the many law suits filed against law enforcement. I mean how can you force somebody to do something they might be prosecuted for? BTW rottweilers are amazing pets but they cost a lot to feed. I had two blue nosed pits for a long time... All the neighbors knew enough to stay away.
Don't recommend having them around kids though.
What about the crime rate in my town is virtually ZERO did you not understand?

And yes I am more than able to protect my wife and property and the Castle Doctrine is in force here.

Well when the perp is a young black kid that was doing the crime and was reported, yea, they are going to be looking for a young black kid. They detained him and determined he wasn’t the perp.
They could have done that without putting him in torture cuffs.

You'd think the idiot pigs would actually verify that the guy they are abusing is the guy that actually committed the crime.

But hey all N!GGAS look alike right?

Where do they find this stuff? They always use the word "hauled" into a cop car rather than "placed" in order to gin up the hatred for the Police. The kid was released so it's a non story. Little girls are traumatized every day by naked boys in their showers and locker rooms but nobody cares because lefties claim it's for the greater good.

They could have done that without putting him in torture cuffs.

You'd think the idiot pigs would actually verify that the guy they are abusing is the guy that actually committed the crime.

But hey all N!GGAS look alike right?
“Torture cuffs” 😂

Ideally the result should be increasing the standards for who should be a cop. TRAINING them properly so that they don’t make stupid decisions like this, and ending qualified immunity.

I don't disagree. But then you have to pay them more, if you have higher standards with more training.

Ideally the result should be increasing the standards for who should be a cop. TRAINING them properly so that they don’t make stupid decisions like this, and ending qualified immunity.
It's a good idea but you will never eliminate error completely

I was friends with a guy the cops mistook for Angelo Buono- one of the Hillside Stranglers. He did look a lot like him, I guess. They tackled him and brought him down to the station before it got straightened out.

Happens.
Was there any kind of compensation at all, especially if certain things were done to your friend?

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

Was there any kind of compensation at all, especially if certain things were done to your friend?

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

Nah. This was way back. I doubt anyone ever even considered compensation for stuff like that back then.

He wasn't really hurt- just rattled some. Couple road rashs from the sidewalk.

It's a good idea but you will never eliminate error completely
But you damn sure minimize it -- which is the point of having standards....

How come yall don't have this same laxxed standard when it comes to doctors and pilots?

"Whelp, can't minimize errors completely, so these safety regulations an skills requirements aren't necessary"

Forum List

Back