@*(&^&^% Microsoft!!!!!

This is impossible. Just because you install 16 or 32 Gb of Ram, the computer does not use it. It is like if you buy a car with a big trunk, expecting the trunk will be filled automatically with new stuff. Meaning: If you don´t use programs that consume many RAM, most of the memory will be left unused.

I am not sure, but I think yes. At least you have to connect it to the Internet once. I also think that the PS4 is the better choice.
Games, talking about games especially the high graphics ones. I know the games I already have (via Steam) will play on Xbox, don't know if they will play on PS4 without having to repurchase them.
You can eventually stream PC games on the Xbox but this requires the PC to run the games, not the Xbox. I don´t know how far MS is with that feature. You can also connect your TV to the PC for the same result.
Well I know all of the games I have on Steam will run on Xbox, no PC needed so if push comes to shove and I decide I've had it with Microsoft I can just switch over to Xbox to run my games and only have to replace a few most of which can be found cheap at pawn shops and thrift stores.
I would try it now to prevent you from suffering a big disappointment.
Everyone has their favorites, I've played on Xbox before, my nephew had a 360. Never had any problems with it.
I mean the day you figure out your PC games don´t run on the Xbox.

Games, talking about games especially the high graphics ones. I know the games I already have (via Steam) will play on Xbox, don't know if they will play on PS4 without having to repurchase them.
You can eventually stream PC games on the Xbox but this requires the PC to run the games, not the Xbox. I don´t know how far MS is with that feature. You can also connect your TV to the PC for the same result.
Well I know all of the games I have on Steam will run on Xbox, no PC needed so if push comes to shove and I decide I've had it with Microsoft I can just switch over to Xbox to run my games and only have to replace a few most of which can be found cheap at pawn shops and thrift stores.
Everyone has their favorites, I've played on Xbox before, my nephew had a 360. Never had any problems with it.
Steam. You do know what Steam is, right?

And?

And?
I already own the game, I just download the Xbox version. Same with games I purchased through Amazon that have Xbox versions

And?
I already own the game, I just download the Xbox version. Same with games I purchased through Amazon that have Xbox versions
Well, ok. Didn´t know the versions for other platforms are free.

And?
With some if you purchased the game you have access to all the versions, some ya don't, those you have to rebuy.

And?
With some if you purchased the game you have access to all the versions, some ya don't, those you have to rebuy.
I am happy with my PC versions. I play most games with keyboard and mouse.

And?
I play all my games with a keyboard and a mouse. This possible move to Xbox is all currently hypothetical, an idea that I'm simply exploring at the moment as an alternative if I decide to ditch Windows once and for all.

I play all my games with a keyboard and a mouse. This possible move to Xbox is all currently hypothetical, an idea that I'm simply exploring at the moment as an alternative if I decide to ditch Windows once and for all.
I use a game pad for racing games.

Rebuilt my 7 year old computer a few weeks back, initially put 16GBs RAM in then ordered another 16GBs and installed it 1/2 hour ago....... Windows show the 32 GBs but says only 16 is usable...... Checked MSCONFIG - Boot - Advanced, the max RAM box is unchecked so that's not the problem. Dig around the internet and discover that Win 7 Home Premium x64 only supports 16GBs of RAM. What money hungry asshole at M$ came up with that ripoff??!!
So now I have to either purchase Win 7 Pro or Ultimate or upgrade to Win 10 to use the 32 GBs......... Damn am I pissed!!!!!!
dude 300 bucks and you are set. Are you gaming ? Basic lap top with Windows 10 goes for 300-500 tops.

Rebuilt my 7 year old computer a few weeks back, initially put 16GBs RAM in then ordered another 16GBs and installed it 1/2 hour ago....... Windows show the 32 GBs but says only 16 is usable...... Checked MSCONFIG - Boot - Advanced, the max RAM box is unchecked so that's not the problem. Dig around the internet and discover that Win 7 Home Premium x64 only supports 16GBs of RAM. What money hungry asshole at M$ came up with that ripoff??!!
So now I have to either purchase Win 7 Pro or Ultimate or upgrade to Win 10 to use the 32 GBs......... Damn am I pissed!!!!!!
dude 300 bucks and you are set. Are you gaming ? Basic lap top with Windows 10 goes for 300-500 tops.
I build my own for that much, gaming machines, not basic ones.

I do FPSs and RTSs. BTW I've been trying BF3 multiplayer standard deathmatches. Yesterday I discovered a "team" of stringers (don't know what they're called in the gaming community) who simply dominated every game. Besides I'm really not that good, even in two games without the stringers playing I scored nothing but being killed at least 14 times in each. Looks like I'll be going back to campaigns. :thup:

I do FPSs and RTSs. BTW I've been trying BF3 multiplayer standard deathmatches. Yesterday I discovered a "team" of stringers (don't know what they're called in the gaming community) who simply dominated every game. Besides I'm really not that good, even in two games without the stringers playing I scored nothing but being killed at least 14 times in each. Looks like I'll be going back to campaigns. :thup:
There are not too many BF3 servers busy today but maybe you can still find servers for beginners. Some even out rule aircrafts, which are very destructive in the game. Others out rule the use of guns so that people can learn to control all the aircraft without being shot down by others. You must know, that the more kills you make with each weapon, the more features will be unlocked for that weapon. A "naked" jet is almost without chance against a jet controlled by a player who already unlocked all the stuff.

There are not too many BF3 servers busy today but maybe you can still find servers for beginners. Some even out rule aircrafts, which are very destructive in the game. Others out rule the use of guns so that people can learn to control all the aircraft without being shot down by others. You must know, that the more kills you make with each weapon, the more features will be unlocked for that weapon. A "naked" jet is almost without chance against a jet controlled by a player who already unlocked all the stuff.
Then toss in a "team" of 3 or 4 players who have unlocked everything that all play together on the same team and no one stands a chance against them. I'm in the standard games but see nothing for beginners and I still haven't figured out how to use what I've already unlocked. In 3 days of play, maybe a half hour. 45 minutes at a time, 3 times a day, I've managed to rack up over 100 kills with over 400 deaths. There are times I know I beat the opponent to the punch and he should have died but I end up dying in the gunfire exchange, even when I'm behind cover, that happens more often than I think it should, a lot more often.
Some people put waaayyyy to much time and effort into this, I'm not one of them.

Last edited:
Then toss in a "team" of 3 or 4 players who have unlocked everything that all play together on the same team and no one stands a chance against them.
Not that easy. You must choose some out of all unlocks for your arms. Some skills, like running faster or carrying more grenades are shared within a squad, though. For example: A tank has extra armor, zoom, guided missile, ir smoke, alternative main gun ammo, detecting of hostiles, autoloader and coaxial mg but you can only set up three of them.

I'm in the standard games but see nothing for beginners and I still haven't figured out how to use what I've already unlocked.
You can see what you have unlocked and upcoming unlocks in battlelog. There, you can also equip yourself. You can also choose from your unlocks in the game. Just open the menu. Changes will be applied when you have spawned the next time.

In 3 days of play, maybe a half hour. 45 minutes at a time, 3 times a day, I've managed to rack up over 100 kills with over 400 deaths. There are times I know I beat the opponent to the punch and he should have died but I end up dying in the gunfire exchange, even when I'm behind cover, that happens more often than I think it should, a lot more often.
Yeah, that has annoyed me to the explosion. And I am using the most powerful gun at all ranges in the game: the G3 (when assault soldier). All assault rifles but the G3 and KH-2002 have identical characteristics :wink:

However, I don´t know how often situations are rated unfair by other players, when I make a kill and notice nothing strange.

Then toss in a "team" of 3 or 4 players who have unlocked everything that all play together on the same team and no one stands a chance against them.
Not that easy. You must choose some out of all unlocks for your arms. Some skills, like running faster or carrying more grenades are shared within a squad, though. For example: A tank has extra armor, zoom, guided missile, ir smoke, alternative main gun ammo, detecting of hostiles, autoloader and coaxial mg but you can only set up three of them.

I'm in the standard games but see nothing for beginners and I still haven't figured out how to use what I've already unlocked.
You can see what you have unlocked and upcoming unlocks in battlelog. There, you can also equip yourself. You can also choose from your unlocks in the game. Just open the menu. Changes will be applied when you have spawned the next time.

In 3 days of play, maybe a half hour. 45 minutes at a time, 3 times a day, I've managed to rack up over 100 kills with over 400 deaths. There are times I know I beat the opponent to the punch and he should have died but I end up dying in the gunfire exchange, even when I'm behind cover, that happens more often than I think it should, a lot more often.
Yeah, that has annoyed me to the explosion. And I am using the most powerful gun at all ranges in the game: the G3 (when assault soldier). All assault rifles but the G3 and KH-2002 have identical characteristics :wink:

However, I don´t know how often situations are rated unfair by other players, when I make a kill and notice nothing strange.
Like I said, some people put waayyy too much time into this, I want to turn the game on and play, nothing more, nothing less. Guess that makes me a casual player.

Like I said, some people put waayyy too much time into this, I want to turn the game on and play, nothing more, nothing less. Guess that makes me a casual player.
In the end, Multiplayer success is based on skill which again is based on experience, all the features aside.

In the end, Multiplayer success is based on skill which again is based on experience, all the features aside.
Well my skill level obviously isn't all that good.

Well my skill level obviously isn't all that good.
I think your K/D ratio of 0,25 isn´t bad for a multiplayer newbie.

Forum List

Back