Mike Pence breaks with Trump: tells Americans to wear a mask

The City of St. Augustine has mandated masks, as has Jacksonville. I wear one when I enter a business, but not until I enter a business. I don't like them, but I'm sure I'd dislike a $500 fine even more...

There is no mandate here. I wear one when I enter a business or when meeting others. I don't like them, but I want this virus gone and this is the best thing I can do to keep myself, and others safe from infection.

The sooner we all hunker down, and wear these damn things, the sooner we won't have to do it.

If it was just a case of catching the virus and then going off and dying on your own without infecting others, it would be a different story.

But this thing seems to be somewhat communicable.

Forcing people to use a mask is an AUTHORITARIAN action not a liberal one.

Don't confuse democrat with liberal.

You are not being forced to do anything. But if you choose to go into a public area, you must protect others from your germs

That's called being forced.

That is not force

If you want to use public venues, you must follow the rules.
Are you forced to wear clothes in public? You are free to be naked in your house

You are not being forced to do anything. But if you choose to go into a public area, you must protect others from your germs

That is not force

Are you forced to wear clothes in public? You are free to be naked in your house

Again, it is force since everybody has to go out.

That is not force

You go in public, you follow the rules
Otherwise, stay home

That is not force

Otherwise, stay home
You stay home.

If it was just a case of catching the virus and then going off and dying on your own without infecting others, it would be a different story.

But this thing seems to be somewhat communicable.

It is, but there are two sides to every story. There are people who say the masks are worthless when it comes to spreading the Wuhan virus, and others say it's a solution to our problem if everybody did it. It's not like all science points to masks stop the virus. Some have posted stories of people becoming very ill because of wearing a mask.

That's why it should be a preference. It's based on what you wish to believe. Remember, even Fauci at the beginning said a mask won't do squat, and the CDC agreed with him.

That is not force

Otherwise, stay home

I know you think leftists get to make all the rules, but they don't. People are already suing their legislatures over their actions. Do we really need to block up our courts even more because of authoritarians?

I don't understand why there must be a "side" to this. If I'm around people not wearing one and comfortable with that, then I don't. If I'm around people that are uncomfortable around people without masks I'll wear one.

It's not a big deal.

It is a big deal, and you should be wearing one ALL of the time when with other people outside your group. Especially around people who don't wear one, because they're more likely to be infected.
I am not going to put one on. I won't take the Vax either.

Good for you. Nobody is going to tell YOU what to do. We're not the boss of YOU.

Do you also refuse to wear a seat belt when driving? Did you wear a condom during the AIDS epidemic, or go bareback? Do you insist on your kids wearing bike helmets?

If you answered "Yes" to any of the above, why are masks and a vaccine the hill you're literally prepared to die on here? I say this in all seriousness. Why is wearing a mask suddenly this bridge too far for conservatives?

How is common sense guidance from the scientific community suddenly a political statement, and why, in God's name are you prepared to follow the guy who hasn't been right about a single thing he's done since the start of this pandemic?

Just stop LOL. ALL Progs EVER do is try to force EVERYONE to do as they want them too so spare me your lies. Get off the "Science" trash, if you believed in "science" you would admit there is male and female. Just. Two.
Fauci, Birx, the WHO and the CDC have been wrong at every turn. Wear your mask, ake the Vax but stay out of my life.
Why is it your body when you want to kill babies but not my body when I tell you to EFF off?

Argument goes both ways. With abortion you will argue that it's not just your body. Those who promote mask usage will argue the same. While I posted the example of why science isn't always science, there is zero question concerning that fact that a mask would most certainly help stop the spread to others.

There is really no evidence of that. There are still conflicting opinions on it.

No there isn't. Do you suppose doctors wear them as a fashion statement?

It's a precautionary measure, but doctors spend the day with sick people. Plus their masks are the finest quality and probably work a little better than the rest of us get. My niece made masks for our family, and I trust her because she has a biology degree.

They probably do work a little better than the ones most people use. That doesn't mean they don't work.

Do you mean to tell me no medical workers ever caught the Wuhan virus? Because they all wear masks. It's mandatory to work in these places.

What is the "Wuhan virus". Is this the new swine flu they've found in China. Why are you making a point of being as racist and Trumpian as possible in dealing with this virus?
Are you talking about the China Virus? Nothing racist, it's just where it started

5 months later, Pence now says people should wear masks. At least he beat Trump to it:

"Wear a mask, where ever it's indicated or where ever you're not able to practice the kind of social distancing that would prevent the spread of the coronavirus," said Pence.

What's the CDC stance for masks today? It's hard to keep track...

I don't understand why there must be a "side" to this. If I'm around people not wearing one and comfortable with that, then I don't. If I'm around people that are uncomfortable around people without masks I'll wear one.

It's not a big deal.

It is a big deal, and you should be wearing one ALL of the time when with other people outside your group. Especially around people who don't wear one, because they're more likely to be infected.

Good for you. Nobody is going to tell YOU what to do. We're not the boss of YOU.

Do you also refuse to wear a seat belt when driving? Did you wear a condom during the AIDS epidemic, or go bareback? Do you insist on your kids wearing bike helmets?

If you answered "Yes" to any of the above, why are masks and a vaccine the hill you're literally prepared to die on here? I say this in all seriousness. Why is wearing a mask suddenly this bridge too far for conservatives?

How is common sense guidance from the scientific community suddenly a political statement, and why, in God's name are you prepared to follow the guy who hasn't been right about a single thing he's done since the start of this pandemic?

Just stop LOL. ALL Progs EVER do is try to force EVERYONE to do as they want them too so spare me your lies. Get off the "Science" trash, if you believed in "science" you would admit there is male and female. Just. Two.
Fauci, Birx, the WHO and the CDC have been wrong at every turn. Wear your mask, ake the Vax but stay out of my life.
Why is it your body when you want to kill babies but not my body when I tell you to EFF off?

Argument goes both ways. With abortion you will argue that it's not just your body. Those who promote mask usage will argue the same. While I posted the example of why science isn't always science, there is zero question concerning that fact that a mask would most certainly help stop the spread to others.

There is really no evidence of that. There are still conflicting opinions on it.

It's a precautionary measure, but doctors spend the day with sick people. Plus their masks are the finest quality and probably work a little better than the rest of us get. My niece made masks for our family, and I trust her because she has a biology degree.

They probably do work a little better than the ones most people use. That doesn't mean they don't work.

Do you mean to tell me no medical workers ever caught the Wuhan virus? Because they all wear masks. It's mandatory to work in these places.

What is the "Wuhan virus". Is this the new swine flu they've found in China. Why are you making a point of being as racist and Trumpian as possible in dealing with this virus?
Are you talking about the China Virus? Nothing racist, it's just where it started

Spanish flu was racist, racist, racist!

There is something much more lethal than the China virus, the communist virus. It is necessary to wear MAGA hats and other pro civilization, anti-leftist apparel to defeat it. Defeat the virus...

It's not a big deal.

China isn't a race, nor is Chinese, you blithering idiot.

Just to remind everyone that the thread title is complete bullshit, and the OP is a lying sack....

5 months later, Pence now says people should wear masks. At least he beat Trump to it:

"Wear a mask, where ever it's indicated or where ever you're not able to practice the kind of social distancing that would prevent the spread of the coronavirus," said Pence.

Except Faucci said we didn't need them. He was wrong at some point. Which was it?

It's not a big deal.

You mean the Kung Flu?

It's not a big deal.

You mean the Kung Flu?

Yep, racist, right out of the liberal dictionary. Anytime you mention anything not white, it's racism.

That is not force

Are you forced to stop at red lights?

That is not force

Are you forced to stop at red lights?

Nope, because I'm not forced to drive. I do it as an option.

Forum List

Back