Mike Pence not a bomb truther

Vice President Mike Pence does not buy into the kooky conspiracy theory that the bombs sent to Democrats throughout the United States were a "false flag." Yesterday Pence tweeted:
We condemn the attempted attacks against fmr Pres Obama, the Clintons, _@CNN_ & others. These cowardly actions are despicable & have no place in this Country. Grateful for swift response of _@SecretService_, _@FBI_ & local law enforcement. Those responsible will be brought to justice.
Vice President Mike Pence on Twitter

When Trump gets impeached there remains a glimmer of default hope and relative reason with Pence.

Vice President Mike Pence does not buy into the kooky conspiracy theory that the bombs sent to Democrats throughout the United States were a "false flag." Yesterday Pence tweeted:

Sorry, where does he say he doesn't believe they might have been sent by someone to make the right look bad?
Conservatives have a thread claiming that the bomb was fake, because it could not detonate.
The vice president called it an attempted attack. You don’t attack people with fake bombs.

No, but you do attack your opponents by trying to frame them.

You can try to word-parse into "Ah ha! He agrees with me!" until your face turns blue. Won't matter to me one way or another. Two facts remain: 1) we have no idea who did it or why, and 2) NO ONE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS EXCEPT THE ACTUAL PERSON.

Anything you have to say that assume facts other than those, the answer is "Nope. Uh uh. Stopped listening."
Why not just wait until the investigation is done instead of making up kooky conspiracy theories?

Hey...here's one. Maybe the nutter who shot at the Republican baseball game was reallt a rightwinger posing as a Bernie supporter in order to make the left look bad :popcorn:
I think this picture of the perpetrator's van tells us much about his motive.
seized-van-twitter.jpg

Package bomb suspect arrested - live updates

Yeah, it tells me he's a nut. Which I already kinda figured, under the circumstances.

We condemn the attempted attacks against fmr Pres Obama, the Clintons, _@CNN_ & others. These cowardly actions are despicable & have no place in this Country. Grateful for swift response of _@SecretService_, _@FBI_ & local law enforcement. Those responsible will be brought to justice.

When Trump gets impeached there remains a glimmer of default hope and relative reason with Pence.
when is that exactly? been two years.

Having a fantasy life is fun, apparently.

Pence and his staff work overtime to keep as much of the stuff flying from the shit-spewing demon Trump off of the VP.

Being disliked by 'tards like you isn't actually an impeachable offense.

It's never fun being on the wrong side of history ;)

How he brainwashed fine citizens like you is worth a deep scientific investigation. If you don't learn from the past you're condemned to repeat it.... must be some inherited trait.

when is that exactly? been two years.

... well Mueller (you know the checks and balance guy) wants to make sure a catastrophic presidency (Trump) doesn't repeat in the future. In effect Mueller is actually the last safeguard between you and a Putin-like dictatorship.

Building a bulletproof case takes time and effort... massive conflict of interest in his entourage and a shit sandwich of his own assets and relations with countries like Russia takes time to unwrap.
When the report comes out you won't get a chance to see it. It'll be classified like the JFK files... deep, real deep. The national security implications will force that divisive orange larvae to leave quietly... but surely 'a la Nixon'

All of Robert Mueller’s indictments and plea deals in the Russia investigation so far
That group is composed of four former Trump advisers, 26 Russian nationals, three Russian companies, one California man, and one London-based lawyer. Six of these people (including now all four former Trump aides) have pleaded guilty.

How he brainwashed fine citizens like you is worth a deep scientific investigation. If you don't learn from the past you're condemned to repeat it.... must be some inherited trait.

I wouldn't know about being on the wrong side of history, since I never have been. I bow to your greater experience in that area.

This will shock you, but I don't think you're an idiot because I like Trump. I don't especially like Trump; I think you're an idiot because you are, and you're just a lot more objectionable and unpleasant than he is.

If you don't learn from THAT, you have a real problem.

I wouldn't know about being on the wrong side of history, since I never have been. I bow to your greater experience in that area.
This will shock you, but I don't think you're an idiot because I like Trump. I don't especially like Trump; I think you're an idiot because you are, and you're just a lot more objectionable and unpleasant than he is.

Well you're the one that threw in the 'tard trigger. From that point on you're you can put on your immaculate MAGA cap on... and maybe get a mirror if you can afford one and wipe off that green stuff on the side of your mouth once you see it.

Well you're the one that threw in the 'tard trigger. From that point on you're you can put on your immaculate MAGA cap on... and maybe get a mirror if you can afford one and wipe off that green stuff on the side of your mouth once you see it.

All I heard was, "TRRRRRRUUUUUMMMMPPPP!!!!"

You're done. Go froth at the mouth elsewhere.

I don't either. I need evidence to support that.

Pence and his staff work overtime to keep as much of the stuff flying from the shit-spewing demon Trump off of the VP.

Well of course. Trump is Trump. We all knew what Trump was, before he was elected. Maybe you should have offered us a better alternative than the shit-spewing demon Hillary, and then Trump wouldn't be there.

Conservatives have a thread claiming that the bomb was fake, because it could not detonate.
The vice president called it an attempted attack. You don’t attack people with fake bombs.

You can try to word-parse into "Ah ha! He agrees with me!" until your face turns blue. Won't matter to me one way or another. Two facts remain: 1) we have no idea who did it or why, and 2) NO ONE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS EXCEPT THE ACTUAL PERSON.

Anything you have to say that assume facts other than those, the answer is "Nope. Uh uh. Stopped listening."
These are not the actions of the leadership in either party. Pardon the pun, but it's far more likely that something like this would blowup in their face.
Sending bombs that don't work to the wrong address with misspelled names points to a low level political activist with a serious lacking in mental capabilities.

At least some responsibility lies with our political leaders who seem to ignore the power of their words.

No. A person is responsible for inciting violent, illegal action only if he actually CALLS for violent, illegal action. No one on the right has called for bombing obsolete former Democrat office holders, that I'm aware of. Can't imagine what anyone would think to accomplish by it, anyway.
I didn't say there was anything illegal in regard to Trump's personal attacks on his opposition, nor do I believe Trump or any of the top leadership in the GOP approve of the bombing attempts. In fact, this nut's actions are more likely to hurt the GOP in the midterms than help them.

My point is that Trump should not engage in the type rhetoric that has become the hallmark of his speeches. It encourages hatred and violence. These attempted bombings are a good example.

The Bully Pulpit is one of the president's most power weapons because people listen to the president. His supporters and his administration tend to take action based on what he says. The media repeats and adds their interpretation to everything the president says. So a president needs to make sure what he says is based on fact, not speculation and knee jerk reactions. In presidential speeches and remarks, there is no room for idle speculation, guesses and snide remarks.

MY point is if you didn't condemn Maxine Waters et al. for THEIR hateful rhetoric - worse, if you CHEERED for it and/or made excuses for it - then you need to back right the hell out of my face with your criticisms of Donald Trump's rhetoric.

Understand that I would really like to have a President who knows how to behave in a more civilized fashion. But I am not interested in hearing hypocrisy. So either direct me to the point where you called any prominent Democrat out for THEIR rhetoric, or piss off.
The Maxine Waters bully pulpit is minuscule compared to the president. Most people outside of California don't even know who she is.

When the president speaks, the world listens. He is the face of America to the world. Words have power and the words of a president have tremendous power. His supporters react not just to his words but his implications. Unfortunately that reaction can be violent as we have seen recently.

When Trump says he supposes there are some good ones, referring to Mexicans and describes migrants freeing violence in Honduras as gang members and criminals, his message is quite clear. And when he puts thousands of armed troops on the border to defend the nation, it's a call to arms to white nationalist groups and militias across the country as well as every nut with a hatred for minorities. I suspect that there will be much more violence but not to worry Trump's hands will be completely clean just as Hitlers were when his venomous speeches encouraged the slaughter of Jews and communists.

These are not the actions of the leadership in either party. Pardon the pun, but it's far more likely that something like this would blowup in their face.
Sending bombs that don't work to the wrong address with misspelled names points to a low level political activist with a serious lacking in mental capabilities.

At least some responsibility lies with our political leaders who seem to ignore the power of their words.

No. A person is responsible for inciting violent, illegal action only if he actually CALLS for violent, illegal action. No one on the right has called for bombing obsolete former Democrat office holders, that I'm aware of. Can't imagine what anyone would think to accomplish by it, anyway.
I didn't say there was anything illegal in regard to Trump's personal attacks on his opposition, nor do I believe Trump or any of the top leadership in the GOP approve of the bombing attempts. In fact, this nut's actions are more likely to hurt the GOP in the midterms than help them.

My point is that Trump should not engage in the type rhetoric that has become the hallmark of his speeches. It encourages hatred and violence. These attempted bombings are a good example.

The Bully Pulpit is one of the president's most power weapons because people listen to the president. His supporters and his administration tend to take action based on what he says. The media repeats and adds their interpretation to everything the president says. So a president needs to make sure what he says is based on fact, not speculation and knee jerk reactions. In presidential speeches and remarks, there is no room for idle speculation, guesses and snide remarks.

MY point is if you didn't condemn Maxine Waters et al. for THEIR hateful rhetoric - worse, if you CHEERED for it and/or made excuses for it - then you need to back right the hell out of my face with your criticisms of Donald Trump's rhetoric.

Understand that I would really like to have a President who knows how to behave in a more civilized fashion. But I am not interested in hearing hypocrisy. So either direct me to the point where you called any prominent Democrat out for THEIR rhetoric, or piss off.
The Maxine Waters bully pulpit is minuscule compared to the president. Most people outside of California don't even know who she is.

When the president speaks, the world listens. He is the face of America to the world. Words have power and the words of a president have tremendous power. His supporters react not just to his words but his implications. Unfortunately that reaction can be violent as we have seen recently.

When Trump says he supposes there are some good ones, referring to Mexicans and describes migrants freeing violence in Honduras as gang members and criminals, his message is quite clear. And when he puts thousands of armed troops on the border to defend the nation, it's a call to arms to white nationalist groups and militias across the country as well as every nut with a hatred for minorities. I suspect that there will be much more violence but not to worry Trump's hands will be completely clean just as Hitlers were when his venomous speeches encouraged the slaughter of Jews and communists.

But you still don't get it. Trump is a reaction to the left. There is only one reason Trump is in office..... the left-wing. The people on the left-wing are more responsible for Trump getting elected, than anyone on the right-wing.

You don't believe that, I'm sure... but it is the absolute truth.

Mitt Romney was the nicest guy you could ever possibly have. The left-wing treated him like he was Satanic. Like he was Stalin reincarnated. You had Joe Biden out there saying "He's going to put ya'll back in chains!"

The left-wing treated him HORRIFICALLY.... and what they taught everyone else was, being nice gets you beaten.

So what happened? The right-wing find a guy what would stand up to the disgusting left-wing, and not only stand against it, but hit back twice as hard.

Romney was a nice, caring, civil, decent, upstanding person, and the left-wing was hideousness and cruel to him. So they got someone that was twice as devastating back. And every time he knocked someone down, the left-wing screamed and cried about it, and the right-wing responded by loving it.

The left-wing created the desire for Trump, created the need for a response like Trump, and they got what they deserved.

You all got what you asked for by your actions. You brought Trump on yourself. By attacking everyone who questioned Obama as being racists, then every time Trump said something... no one cared. You cried wolf (or racists), too many times, and now you have the very racists you claimed everyone else was.

Racism dramatically increased under Obama, and now when you scream it constantly, the right-wing just supports Trump more. Too bad. You brought it on yourself. Maybe you should have been a better human being yourself, and you wouldn't have caused this backlash on you.

But you still don't get it. Trump is a reaction to the left. There is only one reason Trump is in office..... the left-wing. The people on the left-wing are more responsible for Trump getting elected, than anyone on the right-wing.

Mitt Romney was the nicest guy you could ever possibly have. The left-wing treated him like he was Satanic. Like he was Stalin reincarnated. You had Joe Biden out there saying "He's going to put ya'll back in chains!"

The left-wing treated him HORRIFICALLY.... and what they taught everyone else was, being nice gets you beaten.

So what happened? The right-wing find a guy what would stand up to the disgusting left-wing, and not only stand against it, but hit back twice as hard.

Romney was a nice, caring, civil, decent, upstanding person, and the left-wing was hideousness and cruel to him. So they got someone that was twice as devastating back. And every time he knocked someone down, the left-wing screamed and cried about it, and the right-wing responded by loving it.

The left-wing created the desire for Trump, created the need for a response like Trump, and they got what they deserved.

You all got what you asked for by your actions. You brought Trump on yourself. By attacking everyone who questioned Obama as being racists, then every time Trump said something... no one cared. You cried wolf (or racists), too many times, and now you have the very racists you claimed everyone else was.

Racism dramatically increased under Obama, and now when you scream it constantly, the right-wing just supports Trump more. Too bad. You brought it on yourself. Maybe you should have been a better human being yourself, and you wouldn't have caused this backlash on you.
Well that's a new, the democrats are responsible for Trump.

That is not new. Granted I didn't expect you to know this, but tons of people have been saying this. In fact to some extent, I predicted this in 2012.

I specifically remember thinking, if everyone is going to accuse me of being racists every time I question anything, like maybe the Iran deal isn't good, then I don't care what people say anymore, and I'll just agree with them "Ok I'm racist. Sucks to be you. What are you going to do about it?"

And remember when I started thinking that, I heard from someone else, the exact same thing. Honestly, just days after I was fed up with being called a racists every single time I questioned anything.... someone else posted literally what I had thought in my head.

When I realized everyone else was feeling the same way about it that I was, I thought years before I ever knew Trump would even run.... this is all going to come back and bite these left-wingers in the butt.

I didn't predict Trump specifically, but I just knew this would all come right back around and smash the Democraps and their left-wing supporters.

I was dead on right. So, no... this is not "new" by any stretch. New to you, maybe.

Last edited:

That is not new. Granted I didn't expect you to know this, but tons of people have been saying this. In fact to some extent, I predicted this in 2012.

I specifically remember thinking, if everyone is going to accuse me of being racists every time I question anything, like maybe the Iran deal isn't good, then I don't care what people say anymore, and I'll just agree with them "Ok I'm racist. Sucks to be you. What are you going to do about it?"

And remember when I started thinking that, I heard from someone else, the exact same thing.

When I realized everyone else was feeling the same way about it that I was, I thought years before I ever knew Trump would even run.... this is all going to come back and bite these left-wingers in the butt.

I didn't predict Trump specifically, but I just knew this would all come right back around and smash the Democraps and their left-wing supporters.

I was dead on right. So, no... this is not "new" by any stretch. New to you, maybe.
I think your half right. Both parties were responsible for Trump's success. His supporters were discussed with the republican establishment as well as the democrats. They wanted to drain the swamp and clear Washington of the establishment.

And remember when I started thinking that, I heard from someone else, the exact same thing.

I think your half right. Both parties were responsible for Trump's success. His supporters were discussed with the republican establishment as well as the democrats. They wanted to drain the swamp and clear Washington of the establishment.

I have heard that, but I don't find that a convincing argument.

Yeah, there was some talk of outsider candidate, and draining the swamp. Yes.

That might account for 20% of his support.

The vast majority was people who were tired of being called 'deplorable' by the left-wing (and I only use that illustration because it represents how tons of us felt for at least the second half of Obama terms, if not all of it).

A lot of us, which includes me, were just flat out sick and tired of being hit with bricks, and we wanted someone, anyone who would take a baseball bat to the left-wing, and make them scream.

We got that.

The reason I don't buy the 'outsider' theory, is because there were other, less toxic options for people to vote for, who were far more conservative and right-wing, and less toxic and more civil.

In any other cultural situation, Trump wouldn't have last 5 minutes. He said almost 3 things every week during his campaign that would have sunk absolutely anyone else.

Yet the more he got up on stage, and called the left-wing out for being the trash that they were.... and they were.... the more popular he got.

I personally couldn't stand Trump. His treatment of women... terrible. His inability to establish a consistent view of how government should work. He goofy protectionism that has never worked. His support of government funded health care which is a disaster world wide.

Didn't vote for him. But I absolutely cheered every time he stood up and called out the left-wing for the trash they are. After all, they treated me like crap for 6 years.

So I understand where his support comes from. You treat people badly long enough, they'll find someone to throw it all back in your face.

That is EXACTLY what happened. Outsider stuff? Nah. It played a roll... yes, but that wasn't the main thing. Not at all.

Forum List

Back