Mike Pence not a bomb truther

Vice President Mike Pence does not buy into the kooky conspiracy theory that the bombs sent to Democrats throughout the United States were a "false flag." Yesterday Pence tweeted:
We condemn the attempted attacks against fmr Pres Obama, the Clintons, _@CNN_ & others. These cowardly actions are despicable & have no place in this Country. Grateful for swift response of _@SecretService_, _@FBI_ & local law enforcement. Those responsible will be brought to justice.

Vice President Mike Pence on Twitter

Sorry, where does he say he doesn't believe they might have been sent by someone to make the right look bad?
Conservatives have a thread claiming that the bomb was fake, because it could not detonate.
The vice president called it an attempted attack. You don’t attack people with fake bombs.
Well then why did they? The bombs a duds.

Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Can it be expanded to a video loop that the crazy angry left seems to want to run over and over until their brains run out their ears?

Vice President Mike Pence does not buy into the kooky conspiracy theory that the bombs sent to Democrats throughout the United States were a "false flag." Yesterday Pence tweeted:
We condemn the attempted attacks against fmr Pres Obama, the Clintons, _@CNN_ & others. These cowardly actions are despicable & have no place in this Country. Grateful for swift response of _@SecretService_, _@FBI_ & local law enforcement. Those responsible will be brought to justice.

Sorry, where does he say he doesn't believe they might have been sent by someone to make the right look bad?
Where does he say he DOES believe they might have been sent by someone to make the Right look bad?
what else was the point of the OP then?

Good for the VP. I bet he doesn't go off the rails like donniedorko.

Conservatives have a thread claiming that the bomb was fake, because it could not detonate.
The vice president called it an attempted attack. You don’t attack people with fake bombs.

No, but you do attack your opponents by trying to frame them.

You can try to word-parse into "Ah ha! He agrees with me!" until your face turns blue. Won't matter to me one way or another. Two facts remain: 1) we have no idea who did it or why, and 2) NO ONE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS EXCEPT THE ACTUAL PERSON.

Anything you have to say that assume facts other than those, the answer is "Nope. Uh uh. Stopped listening."
These are not the actions of the leadership in either party. Pardon the pun, but it's far more likely that something like this would blowup in their face.
Sending bombs that don't work to the wrong address with misspelled names points to a low level political activist with a serious lacking in mental capabilities.

At least some responsibility lies with our political leaders who seem to ignore the power of their words.

No. A person is responsible for inciting violent, illegal action only if he actually CALLS for violent, illegal action. No one on the right has called for bombing obsolete former Democrat office holders, that I'm aware of. Can't imagine what anyone would think to accomplish by it, anyway.

Where does he say he DOES believe they might have been sent by someone to make the Right look bad?

He doesn't say either way, which is my point. Only a dumbass runs out right away and starts making declarations about who did it and why, without any hard evidence either way.

Mike Pence is an intelligent, mature adult, who addressed the only thing we can know right now, and all that really matters: WHOEVER did it, WHYEVER they did it, it was despicable and unacceptable and needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

This ^^^^

/end of thread

He doesn't say either way, which is my point. Only a dumbass runs out right away and starts making declarations about who did it and why, without any hard evidence either way.
LOL!!! I guess there are a lot of conservative dumbasses on the board.

What about all the liberal dumbasses everywhere who have declared the right culpable?

If I had to wager to guess, I would say these are false flags. You understand the reasoning right? I mean this is all too convenient for the left

Last edited:
You mean he is waiting for evidence and condemning what everyone else has condemned?

What about all the liberal dumbasses everywhere who have declared the right culpable? If I had to wager to guess, I would say these are false flags. You understand the reasoning right? I mean this is all too convenient for the left
What about them? The person I was responding to wasn't defending them. Deflection only makes it look like a cover-up.

What about all the liberal dumbasses everywhere who have declared the right culpable?

If I had to wager to guess, I would say these are false flags. You understand the reasoning right? I mean this is all too convenient for the left

I don't even have a guess at this point. Whoever it is is clearly not the brightest light on the Christmas tree, and very probably nuts. There doesn't appear to be much logical thought happening here, and very little linear storyline to work with.

I find it very hard to believe that someone who supports the left would run that kind of risk of harming those people just so that people can go on talk shows and say, "See?! THEY'RE the violent ones!"

On the other hand, if the bomb sender is right-wing, you have the question of, "Why THOSE people?" I mean, Soros I can see. But the Clintons, Obama, Debbie Wasserman Schultz . . . they're all completely irrelevant politically. There's nothing to accomplish really with any of the targets.

Besides, the right has all the momentum in the polls right now. Can't imagine any right-winger with two brain cells to rub together thinking he or she needs to be this desperate at the moment.

The relevant line of investigation is "Aside from being leftists, what SPECIFIC characteristic ties these particular targets together?"

I don't even have a guess at this point. Whoever it is is clearly not the brightest light on the Christmas tree, and very probably nuts. There doesn't appear to be much logical thought happening here, and very little linear storyline to work with.

I find it very hard to believe that someone who supports the left would run that kind of risk of harming those people just so that people can go on talk shows and say, "See?! THEY'RE the violent ones!"

On the other hand, if the bomb sender is right-wing, you have the question of, "Why THOSE people?" I mean, Soros I can see. But the Clintons, Obama, Debbie Wasserman Schultz . . . they're all completely irrelevant politically. There's nothing to accomplish really with any of the targets.

Besides, the right has all the momentum in the polls right now. Can't imagine any right-winger with two brain cells to rub together thinking he or she needs to be this desperate at the moment.

The relevant line of investigation is "Aside from being leftists, what SPECIFIC characteristic ties these particular targets together?"

I wouldn’t put it past the democrat party to completely fabricate this.

You can try to word-parse into "Ah ha! He agrees with me!" until your face turns blue. Won't matter to me one way or another. Two facts remain: 1) we have no idea who did it or why, and 2) NO ONE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS EXCEPT THE ACTUAL PERSON.

Anything you have to say that assume facts other than those, the answer is "Nope. Uh uh. Stopped listening."
Why not just wait until the investigation is done instead of making up kooky conspiracy theories?

Hey...here's one. Maybe the nutter who shot at the Republican baseball game was reallt a rightwinger posing as a Bernie supporter in order to make the left look bad :popcorn:

These are not the actions of the leadership in either party. Pardon the pun, but it's far more likely that something like this would blowup in their face.
Sending bombs that don't work to the wrong address with misspelled names points to a low level political activist with a serious lacking in mental capabilities.

At least some responsibility lies with our political leaders who seem to ignore the power of their words.

No. A person is responsible for inciting violent, illegal action only if he actually CALLS for violent, illegal action. No one on the right has called for bombing obsolete former Democrat office holders, that I'm aware of. Can't imagine what anyone would think to accomplish by it, anyway.
I didn't say there was anything illegal in regard to Trump's personal attacks on his opposition, nor do I believe Trump or any of the top leadership in the GOP approve of the bombing attempts. In fact, this nut's actions are more likely to hurt the GOP in the midterms than help them.

My point is that Trump should not engage in the type rhetoric that has become the hallmark of his speeches. It encourages hatred and violence. These attempted bombings are a good example.

The Bully Pulpit is one of the president's most power weapons because people listen to the president. His supporters and his administration tend to take action based on what he says. The media repeats and adds their interpretation to everything the president says. So a president needs to make sure what he says is based on fact, not speculation and knee jerk reactions. In presidential speeches and remarks, there is no room for idle speculation, guesses and snide remarks.

Last edited:

Why not just wait until the investigation is done instead of making up kooky conspiracy theories?

Hey...here's one. Maybe the nutter who shot at the Republican baseball game was reallt a rightwinger posing as a Bernie supporter in order to make the left look bad :popcorn:
I think this picture of the perpetrator's van tells us much about his motive.
seized-van-twitter.jpg

Package bomb suspect arrested - live updates

I didn't say there was anything illegal in regard to Trump's personal attacks on his opposition, nor do I believe Trump or any of the top leadership in the GOP approve of the bombing attempts. In fact, this nut's actions are more likely to hurt the GOP in the midterms than help them.

My point is that Trump should not engage in the type rhetoric that has become the hallmark of his speeches. It encourages hatred and violence. These attempted bombings are a good example.

The Bully Pulpit is one of the president's most power weapons because people listen to the president. His supporters and his administration tend to take action based on what he says. The media repeats and adds their interpretation to everything the president says. So a president needs to make sure what he says is based on fact, not speculation and knee jerk reactions. In presidential speeches and remarks, there is no room for idle speculation, guesses and snide remarks.

MY point is if you didn't condemn Maxine Waters et al. for THEIR hateful rhetoric - worse, if you CHEERED for it and/or made excuses for it - then you need to back right the hell out of my face with your criticisms of Donald Trump's rhetoric.

Understand that I would really like to have a President who knows how to behave in a more civilized fashion. But I am not interested in hearing hypocrisy. So either direct me to the point where you called any prominent Democrat out for THEIR rhetoric, or piss off.

Forum List

Back