Mike Tyson VS Muhammad Ali.Both In Their Prime. Who Wins?

Check out The Donald hanging out with Muhammad Ali back in the day! IMO in Tyson's prime it would have been an easy KO even against someone punch drunk already. Tyson used his entire body behind some of punches which is why he had so many early KO's against tougher opponents than Ali who needed 10-15 rounds to tire his opponents.

:afro: :boobies: :blsmile: This is not an easy one to decipher. You take the two of the three greatest boxers ever, and picture them going at it for 15 rounds, who wins?
Now, with Rocky Marcianno...yah, he would kick both their butts!
But Tyson VS Ali?,,,,,,tough to call a winner.
But lets hear how the match would go in your opinion.
:thewave:
"Rocky Marciano/Height and weight

View attachment 77292
"Height 5′ 11″, Weight 188 lbs"
Google
"The first thing one notices when looking at the tale of the tape in a match up of Rock versus Iron is the size difference. While they are about the same height Tyson clearly has an overall advantage in size. He is bigger and stronger on paper. While size is not the most important issue, Tyson, weighing in at 216 (his weight for the Spinks fight) would have a 31-pound weight and strength advantage over Marciano."
I think Ali and Tyson would split a three match contest, but I can't imagine Rocky winning one. Too small, too slow, too ethnic.
Rock Against Iron: Marciano vs. Tyson!
we will never know.....but we can all agree that it would be close
I'll be 69 in two months and Marciano was a legend for his toughness in my youth; he would definitely have a puncher's chance against any fighter who ever lived. It is a little hard to compare the three greats because Ali's prime years were taken away when he refused induction in 1967.
a lot of people {much younger than us} would just assume that tyson would beat rocky,,,,,but we know better.....no one could ever beat Rocky! Rocky was the Bruno Sammartino of Boxing!
"When Sammartino first came to the United States, he spoke no English and was sickly from his experiences of surviving during the war years.[3] This made him an easy target for bullies in school. Sammartino wanted to build himself up physically and became devoted to weight training.

"Bruno's devotion to weightlifting nearly resulted in a berth on the 1956 U.S. Olympic team. He was edged out by Paul Anderson – who outweighed Sammartino by 70 pounds.

"In the early years of Sammartino's career, he was measured at 5'10" and weighed around 280 pounds.

"Bruno set a world record in the bench press with a lift of 565 pounds in 1959. Bruno completed this lift while not wearing any elbow or wrist wraps. When he brought the bar down, he did not bounce it off his chest but set it there for two seconds before attempting the press.":bowdown:
Bruno Sammartino - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'd put my money on Tyson. Joe Frazier fought Ali in his prime and beat him once and Tyson hit harder and moved better. His career went downhill when he started believing the hype and stood flat footed.

I'd put my money on Tyson. Joe Frazier fought Ali in his prime and beat him once and Tyson hit harder and moved better. His career went downhill when he started believing the hype and stood flat footed.

I remember watching Ali fighting Frazier after a layoff of 3 or 4 years. An old timer I worked with who had been a ranked middleweight at one time, told me that the layoff would hurt Ali. That proved to be true in the fight with Frazier. Ali didn't seem to have the same lightning quick moves. Just my opinion anyway, and I admit I know very little about boxing. But Ali's prime was before he had his title taken away due legal issues with the draft. Also, Ali had a 6 inch reach advantage over Tyson. Something to factor in.

but keep in mind,,,tyson has a speech impediment, that alone would cost him 3 rounds

I dunno. I'm leaning Ali but if Tyson got in one of his famous left hooks it could be lights out, or damaging enough to then let him tee off and end it. Be a hell of a fight to watch though.

I remember watching Ali fighting Frazier after a layoff of 3 or 4 years. An old timer I worked with who had been a ranked middleweight at one time, told me that the layoff would hurt Ali. That proved to be true in the fight with Frazier. Ali didn't seem to have the same lightning quick moves. Just my opinion anyway, and I admit I know very little about boxing. But Ali's prime was before he had his title taken away due legal issues with the draft. Also, Ali had a 6 inch reach advantage over Tyson. Something to factor in.
Smokin Joe was shorter that Tyson I believe and they fought three times so I'm not buying the lay off aspect.

:afro: :boobies: :blsmile: This is not an easy one to decipher. You take the two of the three greatest boxers ever, and picture them going at it for 15 rounds, who wins?
Now, with Rocky Marcianno...yah, he would kick both their butts!
But Tyson VS Ali?,,,,,,tough to call a winner.
But lets hear how the match would go in your opinion.
:thewave:
a 185 lb rocky is going to beat a fighter who outweighs him by 30 pounds?....i dont think so.....
Skill at boxing is way more important than size or weight.

Marciano and Tyson both were short and light and still brought down men twice their size.
Jim, Tyson was a 220 pounder.....Marciano was a180 pounder,if a guy like Ali could take the best shots of the power punchers of his day,guys that weighed in at 220+ i seriously doubt he could hurt Ali.....and tell me Ali had no skills himself?....the rock would have been a bloody mess and probably knocked out....

Check out The Donald hanging out with Muhammad Ali back in the day! IMO in Tyson's prime it would have been an easy KO even against someone punch drunk already. Tyson used his entire body behind some of punches which is why he had so many early KO's against tougher opponents than Ali who needed 10-15 rounds to tire his opponents.

he had so many early KO's against tougher opponents than Ali
he did?......if you say so snouter....

Ali should have took a few more fights before he fought Frazier the first time.....but that was his mistake....

I just don't think Tyson had the mental toughness to hang with Ali, not not mention Ali, was quicker, had a better chin, and just was a better all around better athlete than Tyson, Ali was better..

Smokin Joe was shorter that Tyson I believe and they fought three times so I'm not buying the lay off aspect.

My point or at least opinion, was that Ali never recovered what he had before the layoff. What's also strange is how Foreman made short work of Frazier twice. But then Foreman couldn't take Ali, and lost to him big time in the last round.

My point or at least opinion, was that Ali never recovered what he had before the layoff. What's also strange is how Foreman made short work of Frazier twice. But then Foreman couldn't take Ali, and lost to him big time in the last round.
Three years isn't that long, true he should have tuned up longer before stepping up. I have a hard time believing he didn't keep active at the gym.

I think with Foreman and Frazier it was two heavy sluggers and Foreman was a beast. But Ali rope a doped him. Heavily muscled boxers tired out, that's why they aren't usually that big. The ring girl could have knocked him out.

Forum List

Back