Military Men Chase Down Protesters Flying Upside-Down American Flag

When were they bragging about putting their lives on the line for your rights?

Really?

1:09 in the video?

So if we are taking them at their word, and they are vets or active duty, simply saying "We serve our country" is "bragging" about them putting their lives on the line for your rights?

Hardly.

So you don't have a point, so you're gonna get hung up on the word "brag"?

Rhetorical bankruptcy noted.

As a fellow Veteran, I agree. The demonstrators were essentially defacing the flag which is a symbol that Service members die for.

No I don't think Service members die for a symbol. They fight for what it represents - a large part of which is the principle of Freedom of Speech.

Therein lieth the irony.

I agree, but Freedom of Speech here works both ways. I tend to put myself in the Veterans position, and I can understand and agree with their actions.

Then they fought for nothing at all.

Honestly, I really didn't know that people were still this ignorant about the symbolism of our flag vs the value of a piece of fabric.

And why is it that its always the damn conservatives who think the piece of fabric is worth more than the hard-won freedom to wear it or burn it or fly it over one's house?

Where do you see anybody taking a flag or other protest prop from these guys?

::scrape:: ::scrape:: ::scrape::

I wasn't referring to this case, I was referring to the multitude of videos out there of liberal protesters attacking / taking away signs from other protesters.

Put the pipe down and try to keep up, Corky.

It's hypocrisy for soldiers to voice their own opinions?

Negative. The hypocrisy is when they brag about putting their lives on the line for my rights, but they don't hesitate to step on them when they choose to be offended in this case. That's what I'm getting at.

I hear that mantra all the time. I thought we were talking about soldiers in general here. At least that was the context I was coming from. I'd wager that these soldiers were no different.

I doubt the protestors or anyone else realized that flying that rag upside down is just a symbol of distress. Nobody there looks particularly intelligent but I think it's safe to say that this country is DEFINITELY in distress, therefore, this entire event was just emotional bullshit put into action.

I wasn't referring to this case, I was referring to the multitude of videos out there of liberal protesters attacking / taking away signs from other protesters.

So let's revise.
You can't argue this incident, so you're "referring to a multitude of videos" in no way related here.

Rhetorical DEEP bankruptcy noted.

:dig:

Funny that the two who committed the assault value their flag so highly, they knocked it on the ground.

These guys were not upset about the upside down flag. They were just looking for a fight. They should be brought up on charges.

BTW, there's a very disrespectful poster here who uses an upside down flag as his avatar. Why haven't any of the "patriotic" posters (the same ones who side with Russia against their own country) called him on that?

Hypocrites.

No I don't think Service members die for a symbol. They fight for what it represents - a large part of which is the principle of Freedom of Speech.

Therein lieth the irony.

I agree, but Freedom of Speech here works both ways. I tend to put myself in the Veterans position, and I can understand and agree with their actions.

Then they fought for nothing at all.

Honestly, I really didn't know that people were still this ignorant about the symbolism of our flag vs the value of a piece of fabric.

And why is it that its always the damn conservatives who think the piece of fabric is worth more than the hard-won freedom to wear it or burn it or fly it over one's house?

Flag worship isn't exclusively the act of conservatives dummy. Military service is apolitical.

Really?

1:09 in the video?

So if we are taking them at their word, and they are vets or active duty, simply saying "We serve our country" is "bragging" about them putting their lives on the line for your rights?

Hardly.

So you don't have a point, so you're gonna get hung up on the word "brag"?

Rhetorical bankruptcy noted.

Did they say anything about them putting their lives on the line? That's what RC was hung up on, not me.

Seriously, what are you smoking? :eusa_whistle:

B.S. Steve. You didn't fight for a stupid flag. You did it because you had no choice. If you're fighting for a flag then you've watched too many movies. The morons are on the government payroll so in essence a good argument could be made that the soldiers were violating their rights, moreover, these are probably the same sloths that get drunk and brag about how they fought for our rights to carry a flag upside down which is complete bullshit as well.

I disagree. I served our country which the flag represents. Desecrating the flag is disrespecting my country in essence.

Only if you buy the fetishism.
That's why it's a kinky idea. The symbol is not the thing; it's a symbol. That's why getting hung up on a fetish is useless.

:bsflag: That's the flag that you are hung up on! :badgrin:

So let's revise.
You can't argue this incident, so you're "referring to a multitude of videos" in no way related here.

A while back, some of the usual knee jerker rw's were posting against dem day-um lib-rules wearing the flag in various pieces of clothing. Then others posted about 3 gazillions of photos of tee potties wearing the flag in clothing.

According to some rw's, tee potties wearing the flag is fine but others wearing the flag - not so much.

And the very same ding bats posted in agreement with Rush that the proof that President Obama is a tyrant was the size of the flags behind him.

Ya jist can't make this shit up.

Negative. The hypocrisy is when they brag about putting their lives on the line for my rights, but they don't hesitate to step on them when they choose to be offended in this case. That's what I'm getting at.

I hear that mantra all the time. I thought we were talking about soldiers in general here. At least that was the context I was coming from. I'd wager that these soldiers were no different.

I doubt the protestors or anyone else realized that flying that rag upside down is just a symbol of distress. Nobody there looks particularly intelligent but I think it's safe to say that this country is DEFINITELY in distress, therefore, this entire event was just emotional bullshit put into action.

Well I happen to agree with that sentiment. I don't like it when someone says "I served my country so you could have the right to ....blablabla". I just think its a little misguided to assume all, or even that most soldiers/service members feel that way. I'm a vet myself and I don't feel that way.

I think the guys in the video got hot headed, but it was still their right to.

I disagree. I served our country which the flag represents. Desecrating the flag is disrespecting my country in essence.

Only if you buy the fetishism.
That's why it's a kinky idea. The symbol is not the thing; it's a symbol. That's why getting hung up on a fetish is useless.

:bsflag: That's the flag that you are hung up on! :badgrin:

Did you or did you not post this:
the flag which is a symbol that Service members die for.

?

So let's revise.

A while back, some of the usual knee jerker rw's were posting against dem day-um lib-rules wearing the flag in various pieces of clothing. Then others posted about 3 gazillions of photos of tee potties wearing the flag in clothing.

According to some rw's, tee potties wearing the flag is fine but others wearing the flag - not so much.

I don't have a problem with anyone wearing red, white, and blue colors. I wear an American Legion cap a lot of that color. However, wearing pants or shirts with the stars and stripes in the design is against the proper flag code no matter who does it.

So let's revise.

You go right on ahead and keep "revising". :lol:

No, and that's not what they did. They weren't "voicing an opinion"; they were coercing somebody else to stop voicing theirs. And when you do that and simultaneously represent yourself as "serving my country", yeah that's hypocrisy.

stfu

no it isn't

stfu

see.....

No, because you haven't stopped me.

See?

Now if you came into my house and took this laptop away (shades of Sean Hannity) then you'd have an analogy.

they threw the flag down....

see

Funny that the two who committed the assault value their flag so highly, they knocked it on the ground.

These guys were not upset about the upside down flag. They were just looking for a fight. They should be brought up on charges.

BTW, there's a very disrespectful poster here who uses an upside down flag as his avatar. Why haven't any of the "patriotic" posters (the same ones who side with Russia against their own country) called him on that?

Hypocrites.

there was NO assault

stop lying

stfu

no it isn't

stfu

see.....

No, because you haven't stopped me.

See?

Now if you came into my house and took this laptop away (shades of Sean Hannity) then you'd have an analogy.

they threw the flag down....

see

See video, 0:44 (where, as the caption says, "U.S. Marine and soldier chase down hippie protestors and take flag back") to 1:13 (where they're walking away with somebody else's property).

See?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back