Military Men Chase Down Protesters Flying Upside-Down American Flag

I know you're just itchin' to change this thread into your multitude of unrelated videos because you can't handle the one in the OP but they're still irrelevant.

Why was the flag dropped?
And who walked away with it?

Exactly.

They dropped the flag because they wanted to desecrate it.

Some nice Marines picked it up off the ground and tried to give it back, but they sped off and didn't come back.

Keep up the phoney outrage, since clearly other cases of protester intimidation and assault don't concern you.

I know you're just itchin' to change this thread into your multitude of unrelated videos because you can't handle the one in the OP but they're still irrelevant.

Why was the flag dropped?
And who walked away with it?

Exactly.

They dropped the flag because they wanted to desecrate it.

Some nice Marines picked it up off the ground and tried to give it back, but they sped off and didn't come back.

:rofl: talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel... ::scrape:: ::scrape::

Wait, hold on, watch what word he invokes after this.... wait for it...

Keep up the phoney outrage, since clearly other cases of protester intimidation and assault don't concern you.

rofl.gif

Think you'd better go back to that "multitude of videos". You're sinking like the Titanic.

-- using somebody else's stolen prop ... by which action they squelched somebody else's exercise of that same right.

Which one is "free" then?

Both are free. Actions have consequences and those idiots with the upside down flag got the attention they wanted.

Actions have consequences. What consequence is assigned to the act of theft with the use of force, aka robbery?

A dishonorable discharge and 10 years in Leavenworth.

I saw a report where a veteran was flying a flag upside down outside his house as a protest that the country was in distress. He was exercising his freedom of expression. Those protesters were exercising their freedom of expression. The military guys were out of line. They are supposed to be protecting those protesters rights. Not taking them away.

Both are free. Actions have consequences and those idiots with the upside down flag got the attention they wanted.

Actions have consequences. What consequence is assigned to the act of theft with the use of force, aka robbery?

A dishonorable discharge and 10 years in Leavenworth.
That may be a bit much, but a less than honorable discharge sans any future benefits, absolutely.

True, mine is "Old Glory" and yours is "Bovine Scatology." :eusa_whistle:

I don't even believe in flags. You think you die for 'em.

See? Fetishism.

Read much? I didn't say we die for the flag, but rather for what the flag stands for; that is, our country.

Yes, you DID post that, and removing it from the quote doesn't take it off the record.

I'm going to respost this for the second time while you go :lalala: ....

The demonstrators were essentially defacing the flag which is a symbol that Service members die for.

Last edited:
I guess I am old fashioned. Someone using the flag to make a point by burning it, hanging it upside down, tearing it up, etc is just wrong to me. Not because it is a flag. Not because it represents the government in place at any given time, but because it represents us as a nation. The guys and gals that died trying to hoist it, the people it is given to when they die protecting it and what it stands for. So...with that said...I have not watched the vid, but I am glad those guys chased down whomever was disrespecting the flag and not harming the ones doing it. It just seems the right thing to do, in my opinion.

I guess I am old fashioned. Someone using the flag to make a point by burning it, hanging it upside down, tearing it up, etc is just wrong to me. Not because it is a flag. Not because it represents the government in place at any given time, but because it represents us as a nation. The guys and gals that died trying to hoist it, the people it is given to when they die protecting it and what it stands for. So...with that said...I have not watched the vid, but I am glad those guys chased down whomever was disrespecting the flag and not harming the ones doing it. It just seems the right thing to do, in my opinion.

I think the problem with symbols is they can be interpreted in many different ways. I'd wager the protesters carrying the flag upside down meant it as a symbol of authority (this was a protest against police brutality) - and by carrying it upside down they're making the statement "stand up to authority". To the two military guys it symbolized the country, hence their protective instinct.

Two different entities, two different interpretations. The hazards of symbols.

I don't even believe in flags. You think you die for 'em.

See? Fetishism.

Read much? I didn't say we die for the flag, but rather for what the flag stands for; that is, our country.

Yes, you DID post that, and removing it from the quote doesn't take it off the record.

I'm going to respost this for the second time while you go :lalala: ....

The demonstrators were essentially defacing the flag which is a symbol that Service members die for.

A symbol of our country, yes.

In a related story: FEDS: 'EXCESSIVE FORCE' USED BY ALBUQUERQUE POLICE

>> ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) -- A scathing report by the U.S. Justice Department released Thursday revealed a troubling pattern of excessive force by the Albuquerque Police Department and recommended that New Mexico's largest city become the latest municipality to adopt reforms aimed at cleaning up its police force.

The report, which immediately drew support from Albuquerque Mayor Richard Berry and other city officials, came after federal officials spent months conducting interviews, scouring videos and reviewing hundreds of pages of documents. According to the report, Albuquerque officers too frequently used deadly force on people who posed a minimal threat and used a higher level of force too often on those with mental illness, often violating their constitutional rights. <<​

Forum List

Back