Millennials…….We were screwed

It isn't a lie but an opinion. You see liberal arts, sociology, music or history anywhere? LOL

Rethink that poetry degree, Giants fan. LOL

View attachment 601389
I wasn't smart enough to get a Business major. So I minored in business. What major did I get?

When you earn a communications degree, you learn skills that can support you in any role. Both verbal and written communication are skills that have been identified by employers as highly valuable. Earning a communications degree shows that you bring the right skills to the job.

I wanted to get jobs selling in corporate America. I needed a degree to open doors. Check the box. Communications was easy. Good degree for a smart dummy like me.

Generational self pity must be measured by what has befallen those in the past. The generation of young men in Europe born around the end of the 1880s were well and truly screwed, for one example of a minority suffering for the majority.

I wasn't smart enough to get a Business major. So I minored in business. What major did I get?

When you earn a communications degree, you learn skills that can support you in any role. Both verbal and written communication are skills that have been identified by employers as highly valuable. Earning a communications degree shows that you bring the right skills to the job.

I wanted to get jobs selling in corporate America. I needed a degree to open doors. Check the box. Communications was easy. Good degree for a smart dummy like me.
You may do as you wish. If that degree on average pays $30k per year starting out and you owe $200k in debt, do you think it was worth the price?

Either you have a marketable skill or you don't. I do not have any use for an English major. Business and Finance, 100% there is use.
I'm a great salesperson. But to get high salary corporate jobs you need a degree. Any degree will do. And there are exceptions. I've worked with people who do not have degrees. They got lucky or knew someone. Or, got a good starter job at a good company in a good industry and learned on the job and worked his way up. My boss, the president of my company, doesn't have a college degree.

I'm a great salesperson. But to get high salary corporate jobs you need a degree. Any degree will do. And there are exceptions. I've worked with people who do not have degrees. They got lucky or knew someone. Or, got a good starter job at a good company in a good industry and learned on the job and worked his way up. My boss, the president of my company, doesn't have a college degree.
My point is don't pay for a degree if you don't think it will help you earn enough to repay the debt. Fair?

You may do as you wish. If that degree on average pays $30k per year starting out and you owe $200k in debt, do you think it was worth the price?
It pays $30K MORE a year. So in 7 years the loan is paid off. Now you make $30K more a year for the next 13 years.

Not as much as it was worth to me. My degree only cost $5K a year. I paid as I went. Graduated with like $2K in loans. LOL Within the first year I was buying my first condo. Not renting while paying off my student loans.

And it could be a lot more than $30K a year. My brother went to college. Got his masters. He makes $1 million dollars a year. A YEAR! Can't do that in corporate America without at least a bachelor degree. So fine, limit yourself. Be happy that your daughter is going to cosmetology school or an apprentice in plumbing. You'll never get rich.

I got an MBA degree, but after I got my first corporate job at IBM, no one ever again asked or cared where I went to school or what degree I received. They were only interested in my work experience.

The degree helped me get the first job. After that, no one cares.

It pays $30K MORE a year. So in 7 years the loan is paid off. Now you make $30K more a year for the next 13 years.

Not as much as it was worth to me. My degree only cost $5K a year. I paid as I went. Graduated with like $2K in loans. LOL Within the first year I was buying my first condo. Not renting while paying off my student loans.

And it could be a lot more than $30K a year. My brother went to college. Got his masters. He makes $1 million dollars a year. A YEAR! Can't do that in corporate America without at least a bachelor degree. So fine, limit yourself. Be happy that your daughter is going to cosmetology school or an apprentice in plumbing. You'll never get rich.
Hold on...you owe taxes and have expenses, the $30k isn't take home pay and your $200k accrues interested. At 5% your interest expense alone $10k per year.

My point is don't pay for a degree if you don't think it will help you earn enough to repay the debt. Fair?
Yes fair but I would think everyone who gets a degree thinks it's going to pay off. If you asked me why I was getting a communications degree you may have decided it was a waste of time and money. Or a history degree. You have no idea what that degree is going to turn into. And a degree is a nice thing to be able to fall back on.

I don't think I would have went to college if it would have cost me $100K. I would have just started selling carpet or cars.

Yes fair but I would think everyone who gets a degree thinks it's going to pay off. If you asked me why I was getting a communications degree you may have decided it was a waste of time and money. Or a history degree. You have no idea what that degree is going to turn into. And a degree is a nice thing to be able to fall back on.

I don't think I would have went to college if it would have cost me $100K. I would have just started selling carpet or cars.
Well that is the questions lenders should be asking vs. just giving out loans. They do that with cars and houses why not student loans?

I got an MBA degree, but after I got my first corporate job at IBM, no one ever again asked or cared where I went to school or what degree I received. They were only interested in my work experience.

The degree helped me get the first job. After that, no one cares.
My employer paid for my MBA

Trades. Good money but hard work. No sympathy for those borrowing to get a degree in basket weaving.

It isn't a lie but an opinion. You see liberal arts, sociology, music or history anywhere? LOL

Rethink that poetry degree, Giants fan. LOL

View attachment 601389
You still haven’t shown the most popular majors among millennials

You still haven’t shown the most popular majors among millennials
You haven't shown that all millennials are bitching.

Forum List

Back