Millionaire Dave Ramsey says on Fox News does Not Believe in Stimulus because "You were pretty much screwed Already."

No he's not. Saying I don't believe in giving money to Americans because if they need that money they're already losers is not an argument.
If you keep giving them money and extended unemployment benefits why would they ever try to support themselves?
Not sure what you mean...because those bandages don't pay for an actual living. They're there to pick you up when you fall. Nobody expects to actually live off Unemployment permanently, bro.

No he's not. Saying I don't believe in giving money to Americans because if they need that money they're already losers is not an argument.
If you keep giving them money and extended unemployment benefits why would they ever try to support themselves?
Not sure what you mean...because those bandages don't pay for an actual living. They're there to pick you up when you fall. Nobody expects to actually live off Unemployment permanently, bro.
Well, bro, it sure seems like the Gestapo regime is intent on them doing so.....don't you agree....bro?

"I don't believe in a stimulus check because if $600 or $1400 changes your life you were pretty much screwed already. You got other issues going on."

His message to viewers: If you're not already rich, you're screwed.

he never said "if you were rich"

No, I know...I said it not him. I was just condensing the video down into 1 thought

a stupid thought since he was right and you lied about what he said or implied,,

well I disagree, and it is my topic, so...

Uh oh....are you going to ban us now?

Tell you what, I'll ban you when you make a competent argument for something.

Can you quote him as saying that? Probably not. I didn't hear the interview but that doesn't sound like Ramsay. What is probably going on is that he is saying that people will take that money and do something that is necessary but not strategic. Like, for example, if you have school aged kids; schools are probably going to re-open in the Fall. And the kids will need new clothes, school supplies, and the other stuff. So....what he teaches you in his course (Financial Peace University) is that you plan for what you know is coming. The $1,400 that you get in February could do that. But what a lot of people will do is not try to get another few years out of their car or "settle" for their 40" plasma....they will get a new vehicle using that as part of a down payment and buy a new TV when they know they are going to need to buy their kids new clothes and other stuff. You can get by on a 3 year old TV...kids can't wear the same clothes for 3 years usually as they are growing.

This is what he teaches you in his classes. Again, I have some issues with his teachings but he sounds like he's on the money here.

Can you quote him as saying that?-candycorn

" "I don't believe in a stimulus check because if $600 or $1400 changes your life you were pretty much screwed already. "

"I don't believe in a stimulus check because if $600 or $1400 changes your life you were pretty much screwed already. You got other issues going on."

No, I know...I said it not him. I was just condensing the video down into 1 thought

a stupid thought since he was right and you lied about what he said or implied,,

how would you know whats competent?? so far youve lied and misrepresented what he said and meant,,

Well, bro, it sure seems like the Gestapo regime is intent on them doing so.....don't you agree....bro?
Yes

Ooooh gee thanks Mr Wizard. People needing to work for a living and support themselves is plenty competent.

Ooooh gee thanks Mr Wizard. People needing to work for a living and support themselves is plenty competent.

Not really. Disabled people don't work for a living. They government pays them money from 18 onwards. They cannot work over 39 hours a week otherwise they run out of government money. The elderly don't work for a living. The government pays them money from 65 onwards, as well as full health insurance.

You just attack people. You don't attack argue anything competent. Calling me Mr Wizard does not make you right. Thanks, though

Not really. Disabled people don't work for a living. They government pays them money from 18 onwards. They cannot work over 39 hours a week otherwise they run out of government money. The elderly don't work for a living. The government pays them money from 65 onwards, as well as full health insurance.

You just attack people. You don't attack argue anything competent. Calling me Mr Wizard does not make you right. Thanks, though

You are a goof. If you are INCAPABLE of work, that is one thing. If you are a lazy dreg, that is another....we are talking about the latter. And there are many many people 65 and older still working and will be working for quite some time Mr Goof. I think you better go outside, take off your facediaper, and suck in some reality.

Dave Ramsay is not wrong when he says that. If $600-$1,400 changes your life, you do have other issues going on.

If you understand his complete body of work, you'll know why he says that. I disagree with him on a few things relative to ones' financial well being but he's on the money in this argument.
His argument fails. Whether someone has other issues going on or not is irrelevant. The fact of the matter is that for some people $600 could be the difference between having their utilities shut off and not having them shut off.

$600 could keep someone from having their car repossessed and subsequently losing their job due to a lack of transportation, then losing their house because of a loss of income.

Last edited:

I agree with this guy—Ramsey. I mean, who couldn't use some extra pocket change, right? But if you are in a position, financially, where your very survival depends of a couple of thousand dollar government handout, then yeah—you probably are screwed . . . and desperately need to find a decent job. Common sense and all that . . .

Yeah, OPEN THE ECONOMY!!!

How fucking hard is that??

Dave Ramsay is not wrong when he says that. If $600-$1,400 changes your life, you do have other issues going on.

If you understand his complete body of work, you'll know why he says that. I disagree with him on a few things relative to ones' financial well being but he's on the money in this argument.
His argument fails. Whether someone has other issues going on or not is irrelevant. The fact of the matter is that for some people $600 could be the difference between having their utilities shut off and not having them shut off.

That's for sure

If you have ever heard from him, you would understand.

He was saying that if you need a $1400 check to survive, you already had REALLY BIG problems. It's like putting a band-aide on a gunshot wound.

He has a point.

Ramsey said, 'If getting $600 is GOING TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE you have serious life problems'.

In this seriously damaged economy during which the President is putting tens of thousands of Americans out of work, $600...even $1400...is NOT going to make a massive, long-term differnce.

If Americans don't use that money to stay in their residene a little longer (paying the mortgage / rent a little longer), holding off their creditors / bill collectors a little longer, or getting a little food theyt are putting that money in the bank, not running out to blow it - pump it back into the economy....that is pretty much shut down.

Americans need (THEIR) JOBS (back). They need to be allowed to work, make a living, provide for their families. They don't want a hand-out. Theywant Joe Biden and the Democrats to stop killing their jobs and destroying their lives.

Forum List

Back