Min Wage versus Cost of Living 1970 to 2018

Would You Support a Consumer Panel to Protect the Comumer against Aggressive Cost of Living?

• Total voters
I think he is right about IT remember 60 minutes people complaining getting fired and having to train people to do their jobs, also read they are in cahoots with each other to keep salary's low.

Please step up and show us your, or Picaro's sources proving your allegations in this post from your good bud!

"Around here they use 'temp agencies' mostly; you aren't going to get a full time job at most places, except on a temporary basis. Silly Con Valley just got investigated for non-competitive practices in wages among employers and agreements to not steal each other's employees. Walmart has a lot of turnover. It's worse in 'right to work 'states. Like I said, most jobs created are low skilled service industry jobs; how much training does one need to stock shelves at Walmart? Work a delivery route?"

Bear513, are you sure you want to go down with the sinking boat known as Picaro. Then please support the above malarkey.

Now you pissed me off with your fucking ignorance. I lived in the Chicago area 38 years, south Carolina 14 years, Wyoming a year now Colorado, I always check the job boards and know about manufacturing.

You sir are full of shit.

I will destroy you on this topic

there is no major turn over like you claim to manufacturing or retail you retard it takes to much investment to train, people get drunk, high , don't show up, or a lazy ass millennial that's why they get FIRED , sure their is a lot of temp jobs to start once you full fill the contract of normally 3 months you will get hired on permeant no one like to let a good employee

Last edited:
Here is what Inflation looks like when the Rich takes advantage of the Averate and below income levels Cost of Living.

milk at the dairy
1970 1.32
2018 2.90
Milk has not kept up with inflation. Even before the unfair Canadian trade Practice, Protectionism, etc. and Tariffs on US Milk, there was the introduction of the Milk Alterntives made from Grains and such. Unlike other Farming, Dairy Farmers can't rotate their products. They either operate at a loss, make money or get out of business. Trump has promised that due to the Tariffs that the Dairy Farmers will receive relief but the Diary Farmers don't want it. They claim that it will mostly go to larger Corporate Dairy Farms that are already Profitable even with all the negatives because they control most of the market. The smaller Diary Farmers will only be buying time until they go out of business. What they want is an even playing field. Nothing else will keep them in business. Next year look for Diary Farm Foreclosure Auctions to happen at an alarming rate even with the relief.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Loaf of Bread
1970 25 cents
2018 2.38
The US is the Worlds #1 Wheat and Grain producer in the World. We have Silos with it sitting rotting away. That's over a 952% increase in cost. Well behind the wage increase.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Average Wage
1970 9,400
2018 44,321
That's over a 400% increase.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cost per Lb of Hamburger
1970 70 cents
2018 4.68
Hamburger, like other cuts of meat, is over 660% higher today than in 1970. It has lost ground to wages. Overall, with the exception to milk, food has lost between 200 and 1000% to average wages. And that is considering Average Wage, not minimum wage. Minimum Wage is much, much worse.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cost of a new Home
1970 23,450
2018 325,500
So you want to buy a home? Good luck on the average wage with a family of 4. You really want me to do the percent comparison on this one? There is a reason that the younger people are, for the most part, electing to rent rather than buy. For the most part, the younger people make less than the average wage and after the other costs of living, can't afford the payments, insurance and taxes on a new house or even an older house.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some People are getting bloody rich on these deals. And it's not the average or below average consumer. Certainly not the min wage or even the average wage earner.

Over half of the Uber Rich supports the increasing of the Min Wage. They give the reason that it gives the poor (min wage) more portable income. There fore more money to spend on their products and services. But that's not all. It also means that the Rich can and will raise those services and products to take away any and all the gains that min wage gave to the worker while expecing the new min wage worker to do more purchasing of their goods and products. It's a very lucrative, short termed program. But in the end, the workers all lose ground exactly as I showed above. But the Rich just got richer.

I am against Min Wage for this reason. We don't need a Min Wage. We need a Living Wage. At the same time, we need a Consumer Group that has the power to drag these unscrupulous theives into civil courts and get them fined for unfair trade practice.
$15 in Los Angeles is meaningless.
$15 in Kansas is home ownership.

People need to get off their asses and move because Leftardism destroys lives.

Why would anybody move from Boston to Iowa because a new truck stop in Des Moines needs part time bus boys or something?
Why? You ask why someone would move from crime invested Boston where a 400 sq ft apartment costs $4,000 and you’re making $15/hr?

I rest my case. The Left are stupid.

So you know the right wingers are just blowing bullshit about jobs and moving around; it just isn't feasible when most new jobs pay squat and aren't distributed in a convenient fashion suited to genuine full employment. I rest my case; the right wingers are just interested in sloganeering and whining.

Last edited:
I think he is right about IT remember 60 minutes people complaining getting fired and having to train people to do their jobs, also read they are in cahoots with each other to keep salary's low.

Please step up and show us your, or Picaro's sources proving your allegations in this post from your good bud!

"Around here they use 'temp agencies' mostly; you aren't going to get a full time job at most places, except on a temporary basis. Silly Con Valley just got investigated for non-competitive practices in wages among employers and agreements to not steal each other's employees. Walmart has a lot of turnover. It's worse in 'right to work 'states. Like I said, most jobs created are low skilled service industry jobs; how much training does one need to stock shelves at Walmart? Work a delivery route?"

Bear513, are you sure you want to go down with the sinking boat known as Picaro. Then please support the above malarkey.

I don't need to; I post info for those who never hear the other side and they're free to look it up for themselves; you want to play 'I Touched You Last!!!' like some schoolyard crybaby. If this were a debating site I might play, if a serious and informed poster came along, but it isn't a debate site, it's just a playground for assorted ideologues, deviants, sociopaths, and Party shills of one stripe or another, so little point in putting out effort to post 200 years of U.S. economic history just because some hack makes demands he wouldn't do himself on others.

Here's clue: If Silly Con Valley wants cheap production workers, they can move to a part of the country its employees can afford to live, and to help them make that decision the govt. can quit issuing green cards to the idiots.

Here is what Inflation looks like when the Rich takes advantage of the Averate and below income levels Cost of Living.

milk at the dairy
1970 1.32
2018 2.90
Milk has not kept up with inflation. Even before the unfair Canadian trade Practice, Protectionism, etc. and Tariffs on US Milk, there was the introduction of the Milk Alterntives made from Grains and such. Unlike other Farming, Dairy Farmers can't rotate their products. They either operate at a loss, make money or get out of business. Trump has promised that due to the Tariffs that the Dairy Farmers will receive relief but the Diary Farmers don't want it. They claim that it will mostly go to larger Corporate Dairy Farms that are already Profitable even with all the negatives because they control most of the market. The smaller Diary Farmers will only be buying time until they go out of business. What they want is an even playing field. Nothing else will keep them in business. Next year look for Diary Farm Foreclosure Auctions to happen at an alarming rate even with the relief.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Loaf of Bread
1970 25 cents
2018 2.38
The US is the Worlds #1 Wheat and Grain producer in the World. We have Silos with it sitting rotting away. That's over a 952% increase in cost. Well behind the wage increase.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Average Wage
1970 9,400
2018 44,321
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cost per Lb of Hamburger
1970 70 cents
2018 4.68
Hamburger, like other cuts of meat, is over 660% higher today than in 1970. It has lost ground to wages. Overall, with the exception to milk, food has lost between 200 and 1000% to average wages. And that is considering Average Wage, not minimum wage. Minimum Wage is much, much worse.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cost of a new Home
1970 23,450
2018 325,500
So you want to buy a home? Good luck on the average wage with a family of 4. You really want me to do the percent comparison on this one? There is a reason that the younger people are, for the most part, electing to rent rather than buy. For the most part, the younger people make less than the average wage and after the other costs of living, can't afford the payments, insurance and taxes on a new house or even an older house.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some People are getting bloody rich on these deals. And it's not the average or below average consumer. Certainly not the min wage or even the average wage earner.

Over half of the Uber Rich supports the increasing of the Min Wage. They give the reason that it gives the poor (min wage) more portable income. There fore more money to spend on their products and services. But that's not all. It also means that the Rich can and will raise those services and products to take away any and all the gains that min wage gave to the worker while expecing the new min wage worker to do more purchasing of their goods and products. It's a very lucrative, short termed program. But in the end, the workers all lose ground exactly as I showed above. But the Rich just got richer.

I am against Min Wage for this reason. We don't need a Min Wage. We need a Living Wage. At the same time, we need a Consumer Group that has the power to drag these unscrupulous theives into civil courts and get them fined for unfair trade practice.

What Reagan called 'voting with their feet.'

Fine. Let's all vote with our feet. Get our feet moving, all of us grab our Protest Signs, head for Washington, picket Congress, the White House and the Supreme Court. And, like 1933, come armed. If 3.5 million and more show up like that watch the changes happen fast. That is what brought the New Deal into existence.

Actually, Mussolini brought the New Deal into existence.

FDR loved totalitarianism, and took the Fascist plan and saddled America with it.

FDR adviser RexTugwell was opposed to any private business not controlled by the government. General Hugh Johnson was working with Tugwell on a bill to create the NRA, and gave Francis Perkins the book by Rafaello Viglione, "The Corporate State," in which the neat Italian system of dictatorship for the benefit of the people was glowingly described." Francis Perkins, "The Roosevelt I Knew." The NRA was copied from Mussolini's corporative system. Manly, "The Twenty Year Revolution," p.47

a. Perkins questioned whether Johnson 'really understood the democratic process..." New Dealers had no problem with the fascist nature of their plans.

b. " Fascism did not acquire an evil name in Washington

until Hitler became a menace to·the Soviet Union." p. 48

.... Mussolini praised the New Deal as “boldly . . . interventionist in the field of economics,” and Roosevelt complimented Mussolini for his “honest purpose of restoring Italy” and acknowledged that he kept “in fairly close touch with that admirable Italian gentleman.” Also, Hugh Johnson, head of the National Recovery Administration, was known to carry a copy of Raffaello Viglione’s pro-Mussolini book, The Corporate State, with him, presented a copy to Labor Secretary Frances Perkins, and, on retirement, paid tribute to the Italian dictator." Fascism - Econlib

FDR hated the Constitution.

Is that your view, as well?

I don't need to; I post info for those who never hear the other side and they're free to look it up for themselves; you want to play 'I Touched You Last!!!' like some schoolyard crybaby. If this were a debating site I might play, if a serious and informed poster came along, but it isn't a debate site, it's just a playground for assorted ideologues, deviants, sociopaths, and Party shills of one stripe or another, so little point in putting out effort to post 200 years of U.S. economic history just because some hack makes demands he wouldn't do himself on others.

Here's clue: If Silly Con Valley wants cheap production workers, they can move to a part of the country its employees can afford to live, and to help them make that decision the govt. can quit issuing green cards to the idiots.

No you're the fucker who is trying to insist the way they do things is the same all over the country you're smoking crack.

I know people in Seneca south Carolina making over 50 grand a year being operators at the Chinese drill factor, Electrical panel, battery and transmission factory's they don't let people go to save money they invest too much to train good employees who show up not drunk or high.

milk at the dairy
1970 1.32
2018 2.90
Loaf of Bread
1970 25 cents
2018 2.38
Average Wage
1970 9,400
2018 44,321
Cost per Lb of Hamburger
1970 70 cents
2018 4.68
Cost of a new Home
1970 23,450
2018 325,500

Fine. Let's all vote with our feet. Get our feet moving, all of us grab our Protest Signs, head for Washington, picket Congress, the White House and the Supreme Court. And, like 1933, come armed. If 3.5 million and more show up like that watch the changes happen fast. That is what brought the New Deal into existence.

FDR loved totalitarianism, and took the Fascist plan and saddled America with it.

FDR adviser RexTugwell was opposed to any private business not controlled by the government. General Hugh Johnson was working with Tugwell on a bill to create the NRA, and gave Francis Perkins the book by Rafaello Viglione, "The Corporate State," in which the neat Italian system of dictatorship for the benefit of the people was glowingly described." Francis Perkins, "The Roosevelt I Knew." The NRA was copied from Mussolini's corporative system. Manly, "The Twenty Year Revolution," p.47

a. Perkins questioned whether Johnson 'really understood the democratic process..." New Dealers had no problem with the fascist nature of their plans.

.... Mussolini praised the New Deal as “boldly . . . interventionist in the field of economics,” and Roosevelt complimented Mussolini for his “honest purpose of restoring Italy” and acknowledged that he kept “in fairly close touch with that admirable Italian gentleman.” Also, Hugh Johnson, head of the National Recovery Administration, was known to carry a copy of Raffaello Viglione’s pro-Mussolini book, The Corporate State, with him, presented a copy to Labor Secretary Frances Perkins, and, on retirement, paid tribute to the Italian dictator." Fascism - Econlib

FDR was faced with 3.5 million WWI armed veterans on his doorstep that had families that were cold, hungry and scared. He had a march on Washington DC by over 1.3 million WWI vets on the White House in 1933 demanding the bonuses they were promised from WWI. America was half a heart beat from having a complete and utter breakdown and the collapse of the Constitution and Government by an Armed Revolution. Something had to be done fast. He did what he had to do. And the Rich went nuts over it. You honestly believe the uber rich lost a single dime over the Depression? They didn't lose a single dime. They made oodles of money from it. And they were the main cause of it in the first place. If it was done with Fascism in mind, the Rich would have continued to get richer and the Government would have called in troops to quell the riots and take all the guns. If you knew anything about Fascism you wouldn't be calling FDRs actions Fascist. If anything, they were socialist which is the other side of the coin. But he did it as a Nation Saving factor. Anything else and there would have been Politicians and Rich hanging from every tree along with the Constitution fo the Unitied States being burnt to ashes.

You want to tell me what my views are? Keep making crap up what I am supposed to believe. You would be wrong because you are so uneducated, stupid and uninformed. You are a prime example where the terminally stupid think they are the smartest ones in the room and will fight to the death to prove it.

Minimum wage jobs are intended to be your first job. Then you finish school and get a real job.

That was the original intent. But as we progress, another problem is starting to emerge. Automation. Let me paint a world not far into the near future. One that WILL happen.

Transportation is now automated. We no longer have truck drivers, bus drivers, taxi drivers, delivery drivers or even drive our own cars. Amazon is already able to deliver directly to your home totally automated.

Our Factories are all automated. We are a half step away from that right now and it's already impacting our work force.

All logistics are automated. This affects all levels of human life right now. Amazon is already starting to put this into play where their warehouses no longer need human interaction. It won't take much to scale this up where every bit of logistics is done with automation.

As AI gets smarter (and it is getting there) we won't even use workers to build skyscrapers anymore. Or Houses or Factories or cars or washing machines or anything else. As it stands now, in the design stage, the human only needs to tell the machine what the building is to be used for and flip the switch on. It won't take much to link the machines up where the Human won't even need to do that.

To give you an idea, there is a game that is played with infinite possibilities. Humans always have won in the past. Last year, a Google Program won each and every time it played the game against the worlds best humans. AI is already able to learn and adapt. We are just seeing the start of this "Revolution". We have more workers than high paying jobs right now. What are you going to do when YOU don't have a job because an AI Automaton can do it faster, cheaper and better than you can? And don't say you will work that min wage job because those will be one of the first to go.

How are YOU going to get your living taken care of? It can be Utopia or Hell, take your choice. You have about 10 years to make up your mind.

milk at the dairy
1970 1.32
2018 2.90
Loaf of Bread
1970 25 cents
2018 2.38
Average Wage
1970 9,400
2018 44,321
Cost per Lb of Hamburger
1970 70 cents
2018 4.68
Cost of a new Home
1970 23,450
2018 325,500

FDR was faced with 3.5 million WWI armed veterans on his doorstep that had families that were cold, hungry and scared. He had a march on Washington DC by over 1.3 million WWI vets on the White House in 1933 demanding the bonuses they were promised from WWI. America was half a heart beat from having a complete and utter breakdown and the collapse of the Constitution and Government by an Armed Revolution. Something had to be done fast. He did what he had to do. And the Rich went nuts over it. You honestly believe the uber rich lost a single dime over the Depression? They didn't lose a single dime. They made oodles of money from it. And they were the main cause of it in the first place. If it was done with Fascism in mind, the Rich would have continued to get richer and the Government would have called in troops to quell the riots and take all the guns. If you knew anything about Fascism you wouldn't be calling FDRs actions Fascist. If anything, they were socialist which is the other side of the coin. But he did it as a Nation Saving factor. Anything else and there would have been Politicians and Rich hanging from every tree along with the Constitution fo the Unitied States being burnt to ashes.

You want to tell me what my views are? Keep making crap up what I am supposed to believe. You would be wrong because you are so uneducated, stupid and uninformed. You are a prime example where the terminally stupid think they are the smartest ones in the room and will fight to the death to prove it.

You mean this FDR???

Franklin Roosevelt…..this god, the man who employed no efforts at saving the lives of American service men…..

1. Roosevelt offered up the lives of everyone in Eastern Europe to his lord and master, Joseph 'Koba' Stalin

2. He made certain that Stalin's plans continued after his death: the creation of the United Nations

3. He extended the Depression by years.

4. He disposed of the Constitution

5. He imposed Mussolini's Fascist policies and called it 'the New Deal

6. He turned over command of our military actions in WWII to Stalin, and cost multiple thousands of US soldiers' deaths.

7. He made certain that communism survived the war, and thrived afterwards.

8. Without his efforts, there would be no Red China, no Korean War, and no Vietnamese War

9. ...and he is the proximate explanation for the cultural Marxism prevalent in society today.

10. He was a racist and a bigot how wanted only those ‘with the right sort of blood.’ Sounds like a Nazis, huh?

And you don't want to state where you stand on the Constitution?

Strange.

It appears you missed out on quite a bit of education, huh?

You mean this FDR???

Franklin Roosevelt…..this god, the man who employed no efforts at saving the lives of American service men…..

1. Roosevelt offered up the lives of everyone in Eastern Europe to his lord and master, Joseph 'Koba' Stalin

2. He made certain that Stalin's plans continued after his death: the creation of the United Nations

6. He turned over command of our military actions in WWII to Stalin, and cost multiple thousands of US soldiers' deaths.

8. Without his efforts, there would be no Red China, no Korean War, and no Vietnamese War

9. ...and he is the proximate explanation for the cultural Marxism prevalent in society today.

10. He was a racist and a bigot how wanted only those ‘with the right sort of blood.’ Sounds like a Nazis, huh?

Strange.

He died before most of this became reality. And he did what he had to do (as did Congress at the time in 1933) to prevent the total loss of a nation. The US was one gun shot away from a bloody overthrow of our government in 1933. I am sure that a Strong Man would have come forth and seized control during that time and we all know how well Strong Armed Men work out running nations. We would have had our own Hitler, Mussolini, or Stalin. Which one of those 3 would be your choice. You only get those 3 choices because there wouldn't have been any other choices to be had at the time.

You mean this FDR???

Strange.

He died before most of this became reality. And he did what he had to do (as did Congress at the time in 1933) to prevent the total loss of a nation. The US was one gun shot away from a bloody overthrow of our government in 1933. I am sure that a Strong Man would have come forth and seized control during that time and we all know how well Strong Armed Men work out running nations. We would have had our own Hitler, Mussolini, or Stalin. Which one of those 3 would be your choice. You only get those 3 choices because there wouldn't have been any other choices to be had at the time.

Maybe you didn't read this carefully.....

You mean this FDR??? Friend and jealous admirer of dictators.

Strange.

Let me know if you'd like the names of a book or two.......

You're also forgetting where he threw Japanese-Americans into internment camps and threw away the unwritten rule about only 2 terms.

FDR was faced with 3.5 million WWI armed veterans on his doorstep that had families that were cold, hungry and scared. He had a march on Washington DC by over 1.3 million WWI vets on the White House in 1933 demanding the bonuses they were promised from WWI.
My Gramps was one of them...

Amazon is already able to deliver directly to your home totally automated.

rumoured buiulding an airport somewhere around cincinnati to house 100 jets....

As AI gets smarter (and it is getting there)

My phone's smarter than i am......:dunno:

~S~

You're also forgetting where he threw Japanese-Americans into internment camps and threw away the unwritten rule about only 2 terms.

No I am not. You forget that Peal Harbor had just happened and a lot of scared people were running around that could have easily taken up arms and murdered anyone that looked remotely asian. Also, the ones pushing for it lied to congress and the President on what was really happening. Only 10 Governors and a Military General stood up and said this was wrong. It's just another moment in the History of the US that isn't that proud. The US had many such unproud moments.

No I am not. You forget that Peal Harbor had just happened and a lot of scared people were running around that could have easily taken up arms and murdered anyone that looked remotely asian. Also, the ones pushing for it lied to congress and the President on what was really happening. Only 10 Governors and a Military General stood up and said this was wrong. It's just another moment in the History of the US that isn't that proud. The US had many such unproud moments.

Obviously you can't find any of the ten or eleven depredations of Roosevelt listed......he was a terrible President for America.....

And this:

Here is an interesting visual: imagine a triple line of the unemployed, three across, consisting of those unemployed under Hoover, in 1931. The line would have gone from Los Angeles, across the country, to the border of Maine.

What effect did Roosevelt have on the line?

Well, eight years later, in 1939, the length of the line would have gone further, from the Maine border, south to Boston, then on to New York City, then to Philadelphia, on to Washington, D.C.- and finally, into Virginia.
Folsom, "New Deal or Raw Deal"

Think Folsom was wrong?

Check it out at the US Bureau of the Census, 'Historical Statistics of the United States: Colonial Times to 1970, I-126 and Unemployment Statistics during the Great Depression

....so what is your point?????

Pearl Harbor happened BECAUSE of FDR and his decision to stick his dick in Asian affairs. Who gives a fuck if Japan rapes Korea and China? Japan had no interest in the USA aside from trading resources with us. He went ahead and set up an embargo that MADE Japan our enemy. Otherwise, Japan would have kept their land war going (like all Asians do), and left us along.

An unproud moment... Yes... By your fucking savior. Don't forget that one.

Pearl Harbor happened BECAUSE of FDR and his decision to stick his dick in Asian affairs. Who gives a fuck if Japan rapes Korea and China? Japan had no interest in the USA aside from trading resources with us. He went ahead and set up an embargo that MADE Japan our enemy. Otherwise, Japan would have kept their land war going (like all Asians do), and left us along.

An unproud moment... Yes... By your fucking savior. Don't forget that one.

And then there would be Australia. And then there would be India. And then there would be........

When you allow in millions of low-wage people, they are going have a low wage standard of living. Thus the average standard of living will decline. Cut off illegal immigration, and that will reverse.

I always like the "decline in economic mobility". All during the time when government has increased assistance and regulation, economic mobility has declined? Crazy. Almost like that's what we on the right wing have been saying.....

Forum List

Back