Minced Meat

Pumpkin Row

Platinum Member
May 26, 2016
So, I was at the store with my mother, and she allowed me to see if they have minced meat, so I can make Minced Meat Pie. For those who don't know, Minced Meat is a mixture of raisins, apple, brandy, and rum. I asked three different employees... one took me to the meat section, looking through the cans, and asking if each one was what I made pie with... none of them even knew what it was.

Does anyone else have trouble finding this ingredient?

Last edited:
Once can purchase jars of mincemeat on Amazon, but they are a tad pricey - but much easier than making from scratch, and likely cheaper if one has to buy all the separate ingredients.

Is it available without the raisins and apples?
Not that I know of. I think part of my difficulty comes from living in the far south, while it's a north-eastern recipe.

You're a cracka?
Define "cracka", please~? I otherwise have no way of knowing.

Southern white, usually called a racist by the oh so tolerant left
I could be~ though, if I said I was or wasn't, I know the lefttards would use it against me.

Is it available without the raisins and apples?
Not that I know of. I think part of my difficulty comes from living in the far south, while it's a north-eastern recipe.

You're a cracka?

I could be~ though, if I said I was or wasn't, I know the lefttards would use it against me.

Well what a left tard says really doesn't matter, they have no power now. :banana:

So, I was at the store with my mother, and she allowed me to see if they have minced meat, so I can make Minced Meat Pie. For those who don't know, Minced Meat is a mixture of raisins, apple, brandy, and rum. I asked three different employees... one took me to the meat section, looking through the cans, and asking if each one was what I made pie with... none of them even knew what it was.

Does anyone else have trouble finding this ingredient?

So it doesn't actually have meat? :dunno:

I have no idea. I've never heard of it as an actual thing to eat, only used in the expression "to make mincemeat out of" (pulverize).

I'm with Norwegen though, at least about the raisins. When I become emperor, raisins will be illegal. :death:

Here's a better idea ---- drop the N, get a cat and use micemeat. It's free.

You're a cracka?

Well what a left tard says really doesn't matter, they have no power now. :banana:

Fascinating ---- three posts in a row all whining about "intolerance" and all three self-generating it.

Can't make this up.

My mother used to make that when I was growing up. Haven't had it in DECADES. She used to make it from scratch.
You got me remembering rhubarb pie. I used to love that. It grew wild in a corner of our yard, and I'd pick it and ask her to make it for us. She always did. There's a lot I'll never see again since she died. Nobody cooks anymore.

Forum List

Back