Miss Universe 2015: Soapbox Spanglish

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This year's Miss Universe contest (7pm NY-time Fox TV) features more than one social intrigue:

1. This is the first post-Trump pageant (after his controversial race comments and run for the American Presidency)

2. This year's contest features a very prominent biracial Miss Japan (Ariana Miyamoto) whose entry into the competition created a lot of society dialogue

We're all interested to see how Miss Japan shines on national television and what will be the general atmosphere surrounding this post-Trump pageant.

I'm Asian-Indian and I'm actually both a fan of Donald Trump and Miss Japan.

Other promising contestants include Miss Mexico (Wendy Esparza), winner of a full scholarship at Loyola University in Chicago, Miss Jamaica (Sharlene Radlein), a model with two Times Square billboards to her name, Miss Norway (Martine Rodseth), a private teacher in math and English, and Miss USA (Olivia Jordan), an advocate for Children of the Night whose editorial print work was featured in Vogue Japan.

This event has all the ear-markings for etiquette television.

Miss Universe (Official 2015 Website)

miss-japan.jpg

miss-norway.jpg

This year's Miss Universe contest (7pm NY-time Fox TV) features more than one social intrigue:

1. This is the first post-Trump pageant (after his controversial race comments and run for the American Presidency)

2. This year's contest features a very prominent biracial Miss Japan (Ariana Miyamoto) whose entry into the competition created a lot of society dialogue

We're all interested to see how Miss Japan shines on national television and what will be the general atmosphere surrounding this post-Trump pageant.

I'm Asian-Indian and I'm actually both a fan of Donald Trump and Miss Japan.

Other promising contestants include Miss Mexico (Wendy Esparza), winner of a full scholarship at Loyola University in Chicago, Miss Jamaica (Sharlene Radlein), a model with two Times Square billboards to her name, Miss Norway (Martine Rodseth), a private teacher in math and English, and Miss USA (Olivia Jordan), an advocate for Children of the Night whose editorial print work was featured in Vogue Japan.

This event has all the ear-markings for etiquette television.

Miss Universe (Official 2015 Website)

View attachment 57483

View attachment 57484

Call me crazy, but all these mops look random....universe my ass!!

National Nexus

Miss Columbia was a deserving winner this year, though I thought Miss Philippines was going to edge her out.

This win should bring nice media attention to the politically and economically challenged nation of Columbia, which has now produced back-to-back Miss Universe champions.

Here's an interesting paper about the rise-fall of Columbian 'narco-soccer':

Study

adriana.jpg

Figures Trump owns this mess. They announce the winner as Miss Columbia ..... and then have to strip her crown off her head because she wasn't the winner.

This is how Trump will run the country... meant to bomb Iraq .... but accidentally bomb Canada.

Disastrous conclusion...what an embarrassment for all who who support this sleazy Miss Universe organization!

Disastrous conclusion...what an embarrassment for all who who support this sleazy Miss Universe organization!
NBC is laughing their ass off now. By now, they've already popped the champaign and toasting their good fortune for dumping Trump. Fox was dumb enough to pick him up.

Obviously, awarding the title to Ms Philippines is a quid pro quo for US military re-occupation of bases in Philippines originally built by the US.

Here... see for yourself....

... gotta give Trump credit though ... whatever he touches turns to entertainment gold.

I can understand both sides of the debate over Miss Japan, because her father was African AMERICAN.
Had he been African JAPANESE then both parents would be culturally Japanese (even if her appearance is half Black half Asian).

Of course, if her father were Asian American, then probably nobody would notice.
If culturally she is more Western than representing the Japanese culture, I can understand that is going too far for some people.

If you are going to push the racial barrier, at least respect the cultural norms and traditions.
Challenging both at the same time is not going to be received well, but too much for traditional folks.

I applaud Miss Japan for her courage to reach for new heights,
and to appeal for change in a culture where her friend who was biracial committed suicide.

With Japanese culture, it is important to show respect for the elders first and foremost.
She has taken on quite a challenge to show respect for Japanese tradition while pushing for social change, so I support that effort and wish Miss Japan the very best in paving new ground.

Last edited:
Figures Trump owns this mess. They announce the winner as Miss Columbia ..... and then have to strip her crown off her head because she wasn't the winner.

This is how Trump will run the country... meant to bomb Iraq .... but accidentally bomb Canada.

LOL,
Better read this before you put your foot in your mouth again.
btw, Trump said if he ran it this wouldn't have happened. Be sure you read the sales date.

Donald Trump just sold off the entire Miss Universe Organization after buying it 3 days ago

LOL,
btw, Trump said if he ran it this wouldn't have happened. Be sure you read the sales date.

Donald Trump just sold off the entire Miss Universe Organization after buying it 3 days ago
Ok, I stand corrected .... if elected president, Trump will sell the country .... and then tweet about what a great deal he made.

Better?

LOL,

Ok, I stand corrected .... if elected president, Trump will sell the country .... and then tweet about what a great deal he made.

Better?
Our country is already being sold down the river....by both parties.

Forum List

Back