Miss. Walmart may press charges in EBT card glitch

And sadly, some in here are actually saying that WalMart should have to pay for that....Since when is the felonious action of a person the fault of the victim?

When the "victim" is a co-conspirator.

Again, Walmart knew something was up. They processed the transactions anyway.

Nonsense. Walmart is a business, not a gov regulator.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

If someone bought a week's worth of groceries when their card was tapped out, MAYBE you'd have a point.

When they are running up five carts full of junk food. Not so much.

I have SEEN balances on EBT cards over $5000!

Is that because they don't use them and let the amount rise each month?
That seems to be the most logical answer, if the original premise is true.

Although one would think that the 50 States would have automation in-place that would catch high balances and conclude that the recipient must be doing well enough to do without the benefit, if they're not spending it.

One would also think that the overarching Federal system would eventually catch such things as well, but...

Then again, we're talking about Government; not the most efficient or logical or sensible animal on the face of the planet...

One of them didn't... and I didn't even bother with the other one.

You know, I get it. You work all day at the garage making a barely okay wage, you get all angry that some welfare person is getting free good. I totally get that.

When the "victim" is a co-conspirator.

Again, Walmart knew something was up. They processed the transactions anyway.

If someone bought a week's worth of groceries when their card was tapped out, MAYBE you'd have a point.

If you are in the business of pre judging your customer, then you should be fired.

If you are in the business of pre judging your customer, then you should be fired.

Guy, most businesses prejudge their customers.

WalMart let this happen because they figured the government would make good on the debts.

Screw them. Just because they are fucking WalMart.

One of them didn't... and I didn't even bother with the other one.

You know, I get it. You work all day at the garage making a barely okay wage, you get all angry that some welfare person is getting free good. I totally get that.

In other words: YOU LIED!

I just checked the links, liar...they work fine, on two different computers and my phone. Yer a lying sack of shit!

Even though the system was down, it's no excuse for people to steal. I hope charges are filed against those that took what didn't belong to them.

What if you had hungry children at home? I don't have children, but I'm sure I'd do anything to keep them from going hungry, including steal.

Even though the system was down, it's no excuse for people to steal. I hope charges are filed against those that took what didn't belong to them.

What if you had hungry children at home? I don't have children, but I'm sure I'd do anything to keep them from going hungry, including steal.

True, but I doubt those people were thinking of that when they loaded their trolleys up.

True, but I doubt those people were thinking of that when they loaded their trolleys up.

No they were probably thinking that when opportunity knocks you should answer! :)

I just can't get too enraged about people stealing food in an unusual circumstance like that.

But, yes, they should be held accountable if they actually stole something. If their cards showed no limit and the Walmart employees went ahead and checked them out, however, I'm not sure they can be charged with a crime.

Is it a crime, for example, if you're given too much change and you don't say anything about it? That's kind of nebulous, don't you think?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back