Miss. Walmart may press charges in EBT card glitch

The amount of monies the EBT recipients received changed the first of OCT. It was reduced because of the special legislation increasing the aid had a time limit on it.

It wasn't reduced, it just wasn't increased as much as Obama asked for it to be increased.

People were pissed off Saturday when the EBT system was down.

Which justifies stealing from WalMart how, exactly? It was the government that screwed up EBT, all WalMart wanted to do was prove all the haters wrong by not kicking people that legitimately had the funds when the government screwed up. I understand the government not wanting to eat the consequences of WalMart's policy, I don't understand anyone defending the thieves.

It wasn't the government that messed up - it was Xerox.

Xerox made a mistake, but the government let them throw it on everyone else because the government doesn't care if people like dealing with it, they are the only game in town. The government should have made sure it worked before they put the update in the field.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20131015/NEWS01/310150037/

I would not be adverse to boycotting Wal Mart until they press charges. We all know the theft is going to be passed on to us actual paying customers in the form of price increases.

They should press charges,those people committed theft and fraud. There has to be a way of EBT users of knowing how much cash they had in the account. the stores shouldn't have allowed any purchases until the system was up.

There is. They can get their balances checked at the service desk. I've heard them doing that.

You can check the balance over the phone, you can even use an app to check it in some states.

They should press charges,those people committed theft and fraud. There has to be a way of EBT users of knowing how much cash they had in the account. the stores shouldn't have allowed any purchases until the system was up.

There is. They can get their balances checked at the service desk. I've heard them doing that.

You can check the balance over the phone, you can even use an app to check it in some states.

Oy vei! Using the app on a smart phone to check your taxpayer funded free food!...This country has officially become a joke! :mad:

All of this from a government system screw up...My, my, my....I can't wait until health care is totally in their hands.....

777-full.jpg

People loaded up their shopping carts knowing there was a problem with the system.
They felt like they were gonna get all their stuff free.
And if they would have been denied they would have torn the place apart.

I don't think Wal Mart wanted a full scale riot on their hands.

People loaded up their shopping carts knowing there was a problem with the system.

That's why we have Police and a National Guard.

So who do you think should pay for the stuff?

I believe the minute the store realized there was a problem with the cards, they should have stopped accepting them. All the needed was a sign outside the entrance. I use my citi card for everything so I can get air mileage points. If it didn't work properly they wouldn't let me use that. I know the checkers knew roughly how much people buy on those cards each month. There was no excuse for either side. I would bet at least a cyber dollar that those of us who actually pay money for our purchases will shoulder the cost either in taxes or higher prices.

I hate to say it but if the EBT system was shut down there would be riots in the streets.

Have we no flamethrowers?

Why did the store allow those thieves to leave the store?

A quick phone call to the local Police Department and only folks with (a) no Wal-Mart goods in their cars or (b) a paid receipt for those goods - gets to leave the parking lot.

What's left gets fingered by store loss-prevention, searched, arrested and booked.

Even if you have to call-in the County or the State to help.

Because by the time the police get there, everyone is GONE! Also, unless they sent basically the entire PD, people could easily just scatter. If someone gets hurt (or a riot starts), Wal-Mart could be sued. Cheaper to let them go.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20131015/NEWS01/310150037/

I would not be adverse to boycotting Wal Mart until they press charges. We all know the theft is going to be passed on to us actual paying customers in the form of price increases.

Hm, I could be wrong, but as I understand it, theft is normally something that's against the law and punished

Certainly used to be. Most stores now will ask someone they KNOW has shoplifted to turn the items over to manager, then they tell them not to return. If the person confronted starts to balk, they let them leave. Employees are required not to get into any confrontations with suspected thieves. Seriously, they do not call the police.

Why bother? Unless someone is bleeding out, the cops will take an hour to show up. By then, the dude is in another county!

Errrrrr... the people who loaded up their carts and put it on the belt that moves it to
the cashier...They bought it they pay for it...

And if they knew they did not have anywhere near the funds in the account to cover it...
Then maybe theft charges should be considered.

And if they knew they did not have anywhere near the funds in the account to cover it...
Then maybe theft charges should be considered.
Only if they tried to (or actually did) leave the store without paying.

For those who did... time to press charges.

Walmart for knowing it was happened and not stopping it - but at the same time, they couldn't stop it.

I think the selfish fucks who loaded their trolleys should pay it all back - plus interest.

Forum List

Back