🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mississippi & Louisiana Join Refusal to Honor Same Sex "Marriage"

and you want to create laws to cater to a minority view. there are two sides to this, idiot.
No. We want laws that follow the constitution. That is the only side.
LOL!!! You're a trip.
It took the Supreme Court inventing a right no one had heard of 20 years ago and utterly shredding the Constitution to overturn many state laws to the contrary to get this crap on the books. Laws pursuant to the Constitution are the last thing you assholes want.
The right to marry has been recognized for over fifty years. You have no fucking clue about the constitution or constitutional law. Go back to running around in your white sheet and burning crosses.
Idiot. There is no right to same sex marriage. Go back to chewing gum.
So, you missed the news last week when the Supreme Court said there is?
I realize I have to use words of one or two syllables for you to undertand.
But up until 20 years ago no one even thought there was a right of same sex marriage. The fact that the Court suddenly found one indicates it doesnt exist.

LOL!!! You're a trip.
It took the Supreme Court inventing a right no one had heard of 20 years ago and utterly shredding the Constitution to overturn many state laws to the contrary to get this crap on the books. Laws pursuant to the Constitution are the last thing you assholes want.
The right to marry has been recognized for over fifty years. You have no fucking clue about the constitution or constitutional law. Go back to running around in your white sheet and burning crosses.
But up until 20 years ago no one even thought there was a right of same sex marriage. The fact that the Court suddenly found one indicates it doesnt exist.
They did not find a right to same sex marriage; they determined that laws that banned such violated the substantive due process rights of Americans (you can google substantive due process since this is obviously the first time you saw those words in print). They also determined that laws that restricted marriage to straight people only denied equal protection of the laws to gay people because there was no important government interest in drawing that distinction. You cannot provide an important government interest in doing so. Now, I know I used big words that you are still trying to understand but those big words are the constitutional rights that are involved here. Do you understand the word "liberty"? Do you know that the government cannot deny or restrict a citizens liberty absent a compelling reason to do so? There are certain decisions one makes about their life like who to marry, whether to have children, what faith to follow that the government is not permitted to interfere with absent a very good reason for doing so. That you think that the only "rights" that exist are those spelled out explicitly proves how fucking clueless you are about the constitution. Ever hear of the Ninth Amendment? Google it when yo try to figure out what substantive due process. And tell us what important decisions you make you will allow the government to make for you?

LOL!!! You're a trip.

The fight for gay marriage in this country started more like 45 years ago. Historically gay marriage goes back much, much longer.

LOL!!! You're a trip.

And in 1965 they had to "find" a right for blacks to marry whites. Before that they had to "find" that blacks could be educated with whites...and on and on.

There were stragglers then and there is you now. History will judge you the same.

LOL!!! You're a trip.

And in 1965 they had to "find" a right for blacks to marry whites. Before that they had to "find" that blacks could be educated with whites...and on and on.

There were stragglers then and there is you now. History will judge you the same.
They did not "find" those rights. Those rights were set out in the Constitution. The right to substantive due process and the right to equal protection. That is what the rabbi is just not bright enough to understand. He still needs menus with pictures so he knows what to order.

LOL!!! You're a trip.

The fight for gay marriage in this country started more like 45 years ago. Historically gay marriage goes back much, much longer.
Link?
Nope.

LOL!!! You're a trip.

Wrong. No one ever said blacks could not marry. No one ever said blacks could not be educated.
Your constant attempts to make gays the new Negroes is ftrankly disgusting as it is wrong.

They did not "find" those rights. Those rights were set out in the Constitution. The right to substantive due process and the right to equal protection. That is what the rabbi is just not bright enough to understand. He still needs menus with pictures so he knows what to order.
Where is marriage mentioned in the Constitution? Where is a right to privacy? Where is a right to an abortion? I want the exact text that contains these.

Link?
Nope.
Yep .Baker v .Nelson, 191 N.W.2d 185 (1971). And, since you are not likely bright enough to find that case: Timeline of same-sex marriage in the United States - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Where is marriage mentioned in the Constitution? Where is a right to privacy? Where is a right to an abortion? I want the exact text that contains these.
"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

Link?
Nope.
Yep .Baker v .Nelson, 191 N.W.2d 185 (1971). And, since you are not likely bright enough to find that case: Timeline of same-sex marriage in the United States - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
That's a fail.

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."
I dont see the words "marriage", "abortion" or "privacy" anywhere there. Is there soje magic decoder ring you use?

No one ever said blacks could not marry.
15 states at the time of the Loving Decision banned interracial marriage. That is someone saying blacks could not marry white folks. It was a crime in Virginia. You went to prison if you mixed the races.

I dont see the words "marriage", "abortion" or "privacy" anywhere there. Is there soje magic decoder ring you use?
Yes, it is called my brain. You ought to see about getting one. Leave the law to judges and lawyers. You do do what you do best and greet folks walking into Wal Mart.

Yes, it is called my brain. You ought to see about getting one. Leave the law to judges and lawyers. You do do what you do best and greet folks walking into Wal Mart.
OK. So those are right next to the right to wear a hat, the right to drink wine, and the right to have mismatched socks. Correct?

Where is integrating schools in the Constitution?

There is nothing in the Constitution against Jim Crow Laws

Link?
Nope.

Link?
Nope.

Timeline of same-sex marriage - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

In the US the fight started in 1970.

Elsewhere, I don't know, Nero?

Forum List

Back