🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mississippi & Louisiana Join Refusal to Honor Same Sex "Marriage"

And one law suit against one bakery is not a systemic attack on all Christians.

It's coming. Do you support making people choose between their livelihood and their beliefs?

Yes.

Then you are not about freedom, you are about tyranny.

Yes, the legal enforcement of equal rights is tyranny to those who oppose equal rights.

As it should be.
So you admit its tyranny of people you disagree with. Ain't we a spiteful little twat.
All libertarians are spiteful twats because they can't tyrannize folks. Libertarian philosophy, Marty, is losertariaan philosophy.

if it were just me, you might have a point. But its not. There are many constitutional scholars who have spoken up against these rulings.

But one more time, please quote the language from the 14th amendment where the words "gay marriage" are found.
No, there are not many who have. Those words do not appear there, you absolutely moronic fool. The words Liberty and Equal Protection of the Laws do. That you are too fucking stupid to understand the scope of those words is your burden.

do you think the authors of the constitution anticipated gay marriage when they wrote those words? of course not, thats why this argument has been shot down by many constitutional scholars on both sides of the aisle.

and if the insults continue, you will be reported.

The authors of the Constitution did not anticipate women voting, blacks voting, and all sorts of things when they wrote the Constitution.

Luckily the Constitution still covers everyone.

thats why they made provisions for constitutional amendments. Seriously, the best way to solve this forever would be to process and ratify a constitutional amendment saying that a marriage is defined at a union of two people, period.

Or not.

Since the issue has been resolved to my satisfaction.

We didn't need a constitutional Amendment to overturn mixed race marriage bans- we don't need an amendment to overturn gay marriage bans.

Actually two different paths. Bans on mixed race marriages were products of the end of reconstruction in the South, marriages between people of two races were often allowed, or at least not banned, well before all those laws came along to prevent them.

There is no evidence of the same occurrences of SSM happening, and then all of a sudden them being banned, because the assumption was always that marriage involved both sexes, so any ban wasn't needed.

Loving was removing a ban put in place after mixed marriages already occurred, What the SC did is take away legislative power to force something that never occurred previously.

It's coming. Do you support making people choose between their livelihood and their beliefs?

Yes.

Yes, the legal enforcement of equal rights is tyranny to those who oppose equal rights.

As it should be.
So you admit its tyranny of people you disagree with. Ain't we a spiteful little twat.
All libertarians are spiteful twats because they can't tyrannize folks. Libertarian philosophy, Marty, is losertariaan philosophy.

So you admit you are a fan of government force to make people agree with YOUR positions?

And you have evidence that our marriages aren't?

Common sense would tell you that two guys sticking their dicks into fecal matter, probably isn't healthy.

But........here's more.

Homosexual couples less healthy than married heterosexuals study finds News LifeSite

On The Unhealthy Homosexual Lifestyle

Facts About Youth Health Risks of the Homosexual Lifestyle

The Facts on the Gay Movement

Shigella Infections among Gay & Bisexual Men (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - April 9, 2015) - Shigella germs are present in the feces (poop) of people with shigellosis while they have diarrhea and up to a few weeks after the diarrhea has gone away. Shigella is very contagious; exposure to even a tiny amount of fecal matter with Shigella in it can cause infection. Symptoms usually start 1-2 days after exposure, but may range from 12-96 hours. Transmission of Shigella infection occurs in the following ways:
- Person-to-person contact. Shigella passes from stools or soiled fingers of one person to the mouth of another person, which can happen during sexual activity. Oral-anal sex, or oral stimulation (i.e., sucking or licking) of the anus (anilingus or "rimming"), may be especially risky.
- Eating food contaminated by someone who has shigellosis.
- Swallowing recreational or drinking water that was contaminated by infected fecal matter.

You're comparing single people to married people.

Where are the lesbians?

I'm comparing lifestyles.

The lesbians are eating at the Y.
so are "straight" guys !
oh shit you have a lot in common with lesbians.

Lesbians are brain damaged, I have nothing in common with those types.
Lesbians everywhere are grateful that you have nothing in common.

Really? I just remember the one near ground zero, and that was more of a "too soon man, too soon" thing, not a systemic attack on all Mosques.

There is no conflict between their beliefs and their livelihood.

They don't want to be involved in a Same Sex wedding. at all. The State is saying either be involved, or lose your business.

How is that not a conflict?
We don't serve negroes here

How many people would actually put up signs that said that? How long would they stay in business?

Wouldn't you rather know who the racists are out there?

As it should be.

right, tyranny of the majority (of the SC). I thought you libs hated the tyranny of the majority. But I get it, tyranny is right if it goes your way.

I have no problem with forcing bad people to stop being bad people.

And that makes YOU a worse person, when it comes to things as trivial as this. And it makes you a coward because you use government to do it.

So the government should have no power to enforce equality, equal rights.

lol, classic Beganism.

They don't want to be involved in a Same Sex wedding. at all. The State is saying either be involved, or lose your business.

How many people would actually put up signs that said that? How long would they stay in business?

NO. I would rather the racists be forced to obey the law.

As it should be.

right, tyranny of the majority (of the SC). I thought you libs hated the tyranny of the majority. But I get it, tyranny is right if it goes your way.

I have no problem with forcing bad people to stop being bad people.

And that makes YOU a worse person, when it comes to things as trivial as this. And it makes you a coward because you use government to do it.

So the government should have no power to enforce equality, equal rights.

lol, classic Beganism.

No, but it should only do it when there is a compelling government interest, like when the entire south was segregated, and the segregation was unequal.

A gay couple having to go to another baker is not a compelling government interest, and does not outweigh the seller's right to exercise their religion.

That's stupid, and short sighted. Bringing this crap out it the open is how dialogue starts, and how you get rid of it. Forcing people to put on happy faces is how it gets passed on from generation to generation.

They're claiming delay but may also be testing the waters have picked up momentum in Texas, Kentucky and Alabama

JACKSON, Miss. — Mississippi's attorney general directed circuit court clerks in the state to delay granting marriage licenses to same-sex couples, an hour after the U.S. Supreme Court said gay couples have a right to marry in all 50 states....In Louisiana, Attorney General James "Buddy" Caldwell said in a statement that the Supreme Court's decision had nothing requiring it to be effective immediately. Louisiana GOP Gov. Bobby Jindal, who announced Wednesday that he is running for president, also said that the issue trampled on states' rights and vowed that he would never stop fighting for religious liberty... La. Miss. officials drag feet on issuing same-sex licenses

We'll see if they roll over and piss on themselves over Friday's unconstitutional/overreach legislative "ruling"..

That's fine. You're all fired.

Like most braindead libertarians you think some imaginary innate goodness in people will emerge in lieu of laws,

that will end racism and other bigotries. That's insanely naïve.

That couple that said they wouldn't deliver pizza to a gay wedding - a clear statement of anti-gay bigotry - were they shunned?

No, they got rich.

That's stupid, and short sighted. Bringing this crap out it the open is how dialogue starts, and how you get rid of it. Forcing people to put on happy faces is how it gets passed on from generation to generation.

lol, so America should regress to a nation where racism is legal in all its aspects.

Goddam you are dug in so deep...

Like most braindead libertarians you think some imaginary innate goodness in people will emerge in lieu of laws,

That couple that said they wouldn't deliver pizza to a gay wedding - a clear statement of anti-gay bigotry - were they shunned?

No, they got rich.

They were supported by people who were pissed off over progs like you trying to ruin those who simply disagree with them.

and again, its not that I want no laws, its that when it comes to laws that deal with forcing people to do something they do not want to, there has to be a compelling government interest.

Ending Jim Crow segregation was a compelling government interest, punishing a baker that doesn't want to work a gay wedding that results in nothing but hurt feelings is not a compelling government interest.

lol, so America should regress to a nation where racism is legal in all its aspects.

Didn't say that. Considering the current status of relations in the US, how many businesses would actually start putting up "No X served here" signs?

I would be the number of progressives doing retaliatory "no X served here" signs would far outnumber the ones based on race or a disapproval of same sex marriage, or even disapproval of Islam.

No, they got rich.

They were supported by people who were pissed off over progs like you trying to ruin those who simply disagree with them.

and again, its not that I want no laws, its that when it comes to laws that deal with forcing people to do something they do not want to, there has to be a compelling government interest.

Ending Jim Crow segregation was a compelling government interest, punishing a baker that doesn't want to work a gay wedding that results in nothing but hurt feelings is not a compelling government interest.
Combating discrimination is a compelling governmental interest.

Didn't say that. Considering the current status of relations in the US, how many businesses would actually start putting up "No X served here" signs?

I would be the number of progressives doing retaliatory "no X served here" signs would far outnumber the ones based on race or a disapproval of same sex marriage, or even disapproval of Islam.

No one is forcing people to be assholes to gay people, they do that all on their own.

No, they got rich.

Combating discrimination is a compelling governmental interest.

Only when the discrimination has a defined and actual harm. Should the government be able to jail people just for being biased?

No one is forcing people to be assholes to gay people, they do that all on their own.

And you guys are being assholes to people of faith. Why is your being an asshole somehow better than they being assholes?

Common sense would tell you that two guys sticking their dicks into fecal matter, probably isn't healthy.

But........here's more.

Homosexual couples less healthy than married heterosexuals study finds News LifeSite

On The Unhealthy Homosexual Lifestyle

Facts About Youth Health Risks of the Homosexual Lifestyle

The Facts on the Gay Movement

Shigella Infections among Gay & Bisexual Men (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - April 9, 2015) - Shigella germs are present in the feces (poop) of people with shigellosis while they have diarrhea and up to a few weeks after the diarrhea has gone away. Shigella is very contagious; exposure to even a tiny amount of fecal matter with Shigella in it can cause infection. Symptoms usually start 1-2 days after exposure, but may range from 12-96 hours. Transmission of Shigella infection occurs in the following ways:
- Person-to-person contact. Shigella passes from stools or soiled fingers of one person to the mouth of another person, which can happen during sexual activity. Oral-anal sex, or oral stimulation (i.e., sucking or licking) of the anus (anilingus or "rimming"), may be especially risky.
- Eating food contaminated by someone who has shigellosis.
- Swallowing recreational or drinking water that was contaminated by infected fecal matter.

You're comparing single people to married people.

Where are the lesbians?

I'm comparing lifestyles.

The lesbians are eating at the Y.
so are "straight" guys !
oh shit you have a lot in common with lesbians.

Lesbians are brain damaged, I have nothing in common with those types.
Lesbians everywhere are grateful that you have nothing in common.

Which further proves my point.

Forum List

Back