🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mississippi & Louisiana Join Refusal to Honor Same Sex "Marriage"

Workers are starting to quit rather than do their job and issue samesex marriage licenses.

Good for them. I'm sure they'll be able to find jobs making con-federate flags.
Link?
No, they are refusing to perform same sex marriages. In some cases they continue to perform marriages, in other cases they have other duties.
Good. This is civil disobedience in the face of a tyrannical regime at its best. Rosa Parks is looking down from Heaven and smiling.

Its showing up in news casts now. Easy to find.

And I agree, nothing wrong with civil disobedience. As long as you are ready to pay the price, like going to jail. Which is what usually happens when you break the law, which is what happened to civil rights workers all over the country.
That's a fail.

Workers are starting to quit rather than do their job and issue samesex marriage licenses.

Link?
No, they are refusing to perform same sex marriages. In some cases they continue to perform marriages, in other cases they have other duties.
Good. This is civil disobedience in the face of a tyrannical regime at its best. Rosa Parks is looking down from Heaven and smiling.

And I agree, nothing wrong with civil disobedience. As long as you are ready to pay the price, like going to jail. Which is what usually happens when you break the law, which is what happened to civil rights workers all over the country.
That's a fail.

Actually- he is quite right- if those clerks want to engage in civil disobedience, that is their right- and like everyone who makes that moral stand- they best be ready to suffer the legal consequences.

Link?

That's a fail.

LOL Fact is fail? That one of the conservative 3 laws?

Link?

That's a fail.

LOL Fact is fail? That one of the conservative 3 laws?
Your response was a fail.

Key word is "healthy".

And you have evidence that our marriages aren't?

Common sense would tell you that two guys sticking their dicks into fecal matter, probably isn't healthy.

But........here's more.

Homosexual couples less healthy than married heterosexuals study finds News LifeSite

On The Unhealthy Homosexual Lifestyle

Facts About Youth Health Risks of the Homosexual Lifestyle

The Facts on the Gay Movement

Shigella Infections among Gay & Bisexual Men (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - April 9, 2015) - Shigella germs are present in the feces (poop) of people with shigellosis while they have diarrhea and up to a few weeks after the diarrhea has gone away. Shigella is very contagious; exposure to even a tiny amount of fecal matter with Shigella in it can cause infection. Symptoms usually start 1-2 days after exposure, but may range from 12-96 hours. Transmission of Shigella infection occurs in the following ways:
- Person-to-person contact. Shigella passes from stools or soiled fingers of one person to the mouth of another person, which can happen during sexual activity. Oral-anal sex, or oral stimulation (i.e., sucking or licking) of the anus (anilingus or "rimming"), may be especially risky.
- Eating food contaminated by someone who has shigellosis.
- Swallowing recreational or drinking water that was contaminated by infected fecal matter.

You're comparing single people to married people.

Where are the lesbians?

I'm comparing lifestyles.

The lesbians are eating at the Y.
so are "straight" guys !
oh shit you have a lot in common with lesbians.

Lesbians are brain damaged, I have nothing in common with those types.

Mississippi, Louisiana, and Texas have been set straight. They'll be issuing licenses to all.

they already have. But the next SC could reverse this decision. If you want this to be permanent you need a constitutional amendment ratified by the voters of 38 states.

Such an amendment could also limit marriage to two people over the age of majority. That would prevent multiple person marriages and other deviations.

Why doesn't the left pursue such an amendment? Because they don't think it would pass.

The SC could reverse but dollars to donuts won't.

An amendment is unnecessary.

an amendment would preclude anyone bringing a multiple person marriage case to the SC. You are aware that the ACLU is already working on such a case, aren't you?

The mood of the american public can change very quickly, the pendulum does swing back and forth between conservative and liberal thought.

At the moment liberals have the momentum, but that could change as early as next year. Enjoy it while you can, you victories may be short lived.

Redfish, let your butt hurt flow through you and move on to other, more profitable in spirit and heart and body, than your resistance to Marriage Equality.

Really? I just remember the one near ground zero, and that was more of a "too soon man, too soon" thing, not a systemic attack on all Mosques.

And one law suit against one bakery is not a systemic attack on all Christians.

It's coming. Do you support making people choose between their livelihood and their beliefs?

Yes.

Then you are not about freedom, you are about tyranny.

Yes, the legal enforcement of equal rights is tyranny to those who oppose equal rights.

As it should be.

So you admit its tyranny of people you disagree with.

Ain't we a spiteful little twat.

It's coming. Do you support making people choose between their livelihood and their beliefs?

Yes.

Then you are not about freedom, you are about tyranny.

Yes, the legal enforcement of equal rights is tyranny to those who oppose equal rights.

As it should be.

right, tyranny of the majority (of the SC). I thought you libs hated the tyranny of the majority. But I get it, tyranny is right if it goes your way.

I have no problem with forcing bad people to stop being bad people.

And that makes YOU a worse person, when it comes to things as trivial as this. And it makes you a coward because you use government to do it.

Nothing but strawmen and hypocrisy from you today eh Redfish?

No person is forced to be involved in any wedding.

But, if you as a business, sell product or services for weddings, you are obligated to follow business laws- which do not care what religion you are.

Christians are not exempt from business laws- they have to follow them like everyone else

total horseshit. a baker can refuse to bake a rebel flag cake but he can't refuse to bake a gay wedding cake.

Are you so fricken stupid that you can't see what is wrong with that?

But, if you as a business, sell product or services for weddings, you are obligated to follow business laws- which do not care what religion you are.

Christians are not exempt from business laws- they have to follow them like everyone else

Speaking of stupid......

Redfish 4/29/15
I have made my last post on a gay thread. I hope many of you will follow suit. Let the court do its job and live with the rulings

bullshit, bakers and florists have been sued for refusing to participate in gay weddings. Are you living in a cave?

Speaking of stupid......

Redfish 4/29/15
I have made my last post on a gay thread. I hope many of you will follow suit. Let the court do its job and live with the rulings

Exempting religion from PA laws would really not hurt people. IF a baker doesn't want to bake a gay wedding cake, the sane move would find someone who wants to because you'll get a better cake.

I can see an issue where there's no other option to find someone to provide a PA.

The problem is PA has been expanded to include every type of business. PA's are really things like grocery sales, fuel sales, motel/travel services, point of service items that do not require any sort of interaction beyond sales of interchangeable items.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
total horseshit. a baker can refuse to bake a rebel flag cake but he can't refuse to bake a gay wedding cake.

Are you so fricken stupid that you can't see what is wrong with that?

A rebel flag cake is a type of cake. A cake for a gay wedding is a type of customer. There's a difference.

more bullshit. a gay cake has two men or two women on top of it. it is a type of cake.

You love bigotry so much. It's creepy.

how does pointing out your lies make me a bigot? The black people who worked for me certainly would not call me a bigot, neither would the gays who worked for me or my gay relatives.

you know nothing about me. being opposed to calling a gay union a marriage does not make one a bigot.

There is no unbigoted reason to deny gays the right to marry, therefore it has to be bigotry.

There is one, its the simple fact that a marriage has always since the start of time involved members of the opposite sex. You can call it marriage all you want, but it still isn't the marriage that has been referred to for millenia.

the rulings last week by the SC do not follow the constitution. They decided those cases based on politics, not the law. They should all be impeached.
And since you have no fucking clue what the constitution states or what the hundreds of Supreme Court decisions addressing the 14th Amendment provide, your opinion is useless.

if it were just me, you might have a point. But its not. There are many constitutional scholars who have spoken up against these rulings.

But one more time, please quote the language from the 14th amendment where the words "gay marriage" are found.
No, there are not many who have. Those words do not appear there, you absolutely moronic fool. The words Liberty and Equal Protection of the Laws do. That you are too fucking stupid to understand the scope of those words is your burden.

do you think the authors of the constitution anticipated gay marriage when they wrote those words? of course not, thats why this argument has been shot down by many constitutional scholars on both sides of the aisle.

and if the insults continue, you will be reported.

The authors of the Constitution did not anticipate women voting, blacks voting, and all sorts of things when they wrote the Constitution.

Luckily the Constitution still covers everyone.

For those things they actually made amendments to allow them to happen, you know the process that was put in place to make changes.

It was not intended for things to be added by the vote of 5 of 9 unelected lawyers.

Forum List

Back