🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mississippi & Louisiana Join Refusal to Honor Same Sex "Marriage"

civil unions would have solved the issue, but no, the gay agenda had to insist on the word 'marriage'.

Your side was all for banning Civil Unions like that did in a lot of those marriage amendments from a decade ago like the one in my State:

"Section 15-A. Marriage.

That only a union between one man and one woman may be a marriage valid in or recognized by this Commonwealth and its political subdivisions. This Commonwealth and its political subdivisions shall not create or recognize a legal status for relationships of unmarried individuals that intends to approximate the design, qualities, significance, or effects of marriage. Nor shall this Commonwealth or its political subdivisions create or recognize another union, partnership, or other legal status to which is assigned the rights, benefits, obligations, qualities, or effects of marriage."​

It was your side that wouldn't accept Civil Unions at the time. They've only become an acceptable compromise not that marriage equality has become a reality.
. I am friends with 6 other gay couples.

dear, please let me know the next time the pollsters predict the next president based on a sample size of 6!!

You want to believe so you lie to yourself. Those who followed Hitler Stalin and Mao were they same way. Like you they knew the truth in their hearts!!

As opposed to your 'sample size' of zero........

LOL
In The Sexual Organization of the City, University of Chicago sociologist Edward Laumann argues that "typical gay city inhabitants spend most of their adult lives in 'transactional' relationships, or short-term commitments of less than six months."[

I don't know why you quoted me but I spent 20 years in the Navy,

I spent many of my early years in pursuit of "transactional" relationships or short-term commitments in the places I was stationed and in the ports of call we made through out the far east. :biggrin:

>>>>

One Baker and One Florist who happen to live in one of the few states that actually ban discrimination against gays. You should be happy to know that in most of the Country gay people can be fired for being gay, evicted for being gay and denied services for being gay.

so can straight people be denied service --------- for no shirt, no shoes, or no reason at all. Its called freedom, something that seems a foreign concept to liberals of today

I look forward to the Conservative campaign to end the 1964 Civil Rights Act- and telling America that no one deserves protection against discrimination based upon their race, religion, national origin or gender.

Should help the Republicans in amazing ways.

first, no one has proposed or suggested something that stupid
second, the civil rights was passed by republicans while dems tried to fillibuster it.

So you are against PA laws- such as the 1964 Civil Rights Act- but you don't want to end them- well as consistent as anything you have ever posted.

And the 1964 Civil Rights Act was passed by Democrats- with Republican support- with Southern opposition- every Democratic and Republican Senator from the South.

again, quote the language from the civil rights act where the words "gay marriage" are used.

Robert KKK Byrd was a democrat, so was Al Gore Sr. sorry but you cannot change that piece of history.
Your deflections are noted and accepted as your surrender documents.

civil unions would have solved the issue, but no, the gay agenda had to insist on the word 'marriage'.

Your side was all for banning Civil Unions like that did in a lot of those marriage amendments from a decade ago like the one in my State:

"Section 15-A. Marriage.

That only a union between one man and one woman may be a marriage valid in or recognized by this Commonwealth and its political subdivisions. This Commonwealth and its political subdivisions shall not create or recognize a legal status for relationships of unmarried individuals that intends to approximate the design, qualities, significance, or effects of marriage. Nor shall this Commonwealth or its political subdivisions create or recognize another union, partnership, or other legal status to which is assigned the rights, benefits, obligations, qualities, or effects of marriage."​

It was your side that wouldn't accept Civil Unions at the time. They've only become an acceptable compromise not that marriage equality has become a reality.

dear, please let me know the next time the pollsters predict the next president based on a sample size of 6!!

You want to believe so you lie to yourself. Those who followed Hitler Stalin and Mao were they same way. Like you they knew the truth in their hearts!!

LOL
In The Sexual Organization of the City, University of Chicago sociologist Edward Laumann argues that "typical gay city inhabitants spend most of their adult lives in 'transactional' relationships, or short-term commitments of less than six months."[

I don't know why you quoted me but I spent 20 years in the Navy,

I spent many of my early years in pursuit of "transactional" relationships or short-term commitments in the places I was stationed and in the ports of call we made through out the far east. :biggrin:

>>>>
great another stupid liberal but this time using a sample size of one to establish the truth!!

You don't research well at all, so please don't chastise others who do it better than you.

That is a mere assertion, just like all of yours.

I have said many times that I want gay couples to have all of the rights and benefits of man/woman married couples.

face it, this is not about equal rights, its about using government mandates to force societal acceptance of homosexuality as a normal human condition.

until you admit the true agenda, this will continue.

When you concede all of the argument except the use of the word 'marriage', you have by your own reasoning lost the argument.

nope, that was you who lost, the only thing that matters to you on the left is the word 'marriage'. it was never about equality or discrimination. and you fricken well know it.

Oh bullshit! The instant states started offering civil unions to gay couples the social cons in quite a few states banned them and refused to recognize them from other states. It was too close to marriage for their liking. That is when the gay marriage movement picked up steam and went into overdrive.

but why did gays want marriage anyway when gays don't generally behave in marriages the way straights do or even see it the same way?.

We don't? Been in a lot have you?

When you concede all of the argument except the use of the word 'marriage', you have by your own reasoning lost the argument.

nope, that was you who lost, the only thing that matters to you on the left is the word 'marriage'. it was never about equality or discrimination. and you fricken well know it.

Oh bullshit! The instant states started offering civil unions to gay couples the social cons in quite a few states banned them and refused to recognize them from other states. It was too close to marriage for their liking. That is when the gay marriage movement picked up steam and went into overdrive.

but why did gays want marriage anyway when gays don't generally behave in marriages the way straights do or even see it the same way?.

Monogamous gay marriage is largely a myth.

Monogamous gay marriage is largely a myth.
Like the South was a moral, Christian country?

I get it you've been in a lot of marriages so you know about marriage!!

Where's your stats?

I am not gay- but as a man who has been married for over 20 years to my wife- I believe that they want the exact same thing my wife and I wanted when we got married- and I think there is no reason to treat them differently.

usually heteros want kids, commitment, longevity, monogamy while gays don't.

Really? My wife and I have been together 20 years and have two kids. All our straight friends are divorced.

the male in nature has 100's of partners but marriage to a woman stops that. When you have 2 men in a relationship nature usually takes its course and men do what men do.

It stops it huh?

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2008/10/28/health/28well.html?referrer=&_r=0

So in theory gay marriages will degrade the concept of marriage still further. The liberal's have been perfecting love, marriage, and family since the 1960's. They won't be sure they have succeeded until 95% of black kids and 80% of white kids are born into broken or never formed homes.

Your theory isn't supported by facts or evidence.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

That seems to be the claim you're making...you've been in a lot of gay relationships so you know.

I've only been married once, to my current wife.

"Section 15-A. Marriage.

LOL

And what? That proves that gay couples who want to get married what exactly?

What you need to do in order to 'prove' your thesis is that the gay couples who want to marry- want to for reasons different than the reasons you stated.

I have said many times that I want gay couples to have all of the rights and benefits of man/woman married couples.

face it, this is not about equal rights, its about using government mandates to force societal acceptance of homosexuality as a normal human condition.

Going back to your original post on this issue

Here are the actual stories of gay couples who had to fight for to either marry legally, or have their marriage legally recognized
Edith Windsor And Thea Spyer s Love Story Is One For The Ages

Ms. Windsor, a math and computer whiz in a field dominated by men, married her partner, Thea Spyer, in 2007 after a 40-year engagement. A woman who was ready to accept her own death after a heart attack three years ago, Ms. Windsor has had a life with far more than its share of twists and turns.

But their lives changed in 1977 when Ms. Spyer was found to have multiple sclerosis. Before long, Ms. Windsor quit her job to care for her full time, mastering the lifts and pulleys to get her into bed, a van or a swimming pool and the regimen, lasting hours, that began and ended each day.

Ms. Windsor’s life changed, too, over time as gay issues evolved from the personal to the political. She was drafted to design and manage computer systems for gay groups; she became a financial donor and activist. She remembers the first time she marched in the gay rights parade in the 1980s, in a black silk suit and high heels, parading past her own building as her coming-out statement.

Their goal had always been marriage, but by 2007 it began to look as if they were running out of time for same-sex marriage to be legalized in New York (it became legal last year). When Ms. Spyer was given a grim prognosis — roughly a year to live — they went to Toronto with two best men and four best women and were married in May 2007, with Ms. Windsor sitting on the arm of Ms. Spyer’s wheelchair. Ms. Spyer died Feb. 5, 2009.

Tell me how this is not how straight see marriage?

The authors of the Constitution did not anticipate women voting, blacks voting, and all sorts of things when they wrote the Constitution.

Luckily the Constitution still covers everyone.

thats why they made provisions for constitutional amendments. Seriously, the best way to solve this forever would be to process and ratify a constitutional amendment saying that a marriage is defined at a union of two people, period.
No. The way to do it was to apply the 14th Amendment. That sure worked, didn't it?

for now, the problem is that a future SC could overturn that decision, if you get an amendment it prevents that as well as any kinds of multiple person marriage.
Keep fighting loudly and meanly, and you will drive nearly every millennial vote to the Dem candidate. If that happens, you will have 99% chance of never getting a shot at it. An amendment is an impossibility. A SC reversal a possibility but not a probability. But piss off the millennials, and your door is closed forever.

an amendment would prevent a reversal. thats all I am saying. I'm trying to help you.
Don't need your help there will never be a reversal. The constitution is fine as written.

Last edited:
The authors of the Constitution did not anticipate women voting, blacks voting, and all sorts of things when they wrote the Constitution.

Luckily the Constitution still covers everyone.

thats why they made provisions for constitutional amendments. Seriously, the best way to solve this forever would be to process and ratify a constitutional amendment saying that a marriage is defined at a union of two people, period.

Or not.

Since the issue has been resolved to my satisfaction.

We didn't need a constitutional Amendment to overturn mixed race marriage bans- we don't need an amendment to overturn gay marriage bans.

well then, get ready for all forms of multiple person marriage, the precedent is set, they will use the exact same arguments that you have successfully used.

Assuming you are against plural marriages- if you don't have an argument on why you oppose plural marriages today- then you didn't have one on Thursday.

Either you have an argument- or you don't- do you have one?

Why not be tolerant and inclusive and let Mississippi exercise its long standing religious rights rather the subject it too the whims of a judge 1000 miles away.
Mississippi is a state. It does not have a religion. More importantly, it's residents are American citizens and are entitled to the protections of the constitution.

“We were together 20 years and 10 months,” Jim Obergefell says, sitting at the dining table of the couple’s condo in Cincinnati’s Over the Rhine neighborhood. Obergefell just tried watching the video of their July 2013 wedding, but he couldn’t get past John’s first words to the camera.

It’s too soon after his husband’s passing, from ALS, last October. And John Arthur, at age 48, passed too soon.

Just two years earlier everything was fine, until they both noticed he had been walking a little differently.

Arthur saw the doctor in June 2011. By June 2013, he was bedridden.

It was June 26, 2013, when the U.S. Supreme Court nullified a portion of the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act and ordered the federal government to recognize all unions performed in marriage equality states.

“We were so not gay activists,” Obergefell says. Like many couples, they once decided they didn’t need government sanction for their relationship, but marriage suddenly carried more meaning after the ruling.

They had the should-we discussion and decided they should. They didn’t set out for a fight.

Obergefell and Arthur flew from Cincinnati to Baltimore on July 11, 2013, on a medical transport plane, spent 56 minutes on the ground, were married in a 7½-minute ceremony in the plane’s cabin, and flew back home as federally recognized spouses.

Forum List

Back