🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mississippi & Louisiana Join Refusal to Honor Same Sex "Marriage"

When you concede all of the argument except the use of the word 'marriage', you have by your own reasoning lost the argument.

nope, that was you who lost, the only thing that matters to you on the left is the word 'marriage'. it was never about equality or discrimination. and you fricken well know it.

Oh bullshit! The instant states started offering civil unions to gay couples the social cons in quite a few states banned them and refused to recognize them from other states. It was too close to marriage for their liking. That is when the gay marriage movement picked up steam and went into overdrive.

but why did gays want marriage anyway when gays don't generally behave in marriages the way straights do or even see it the same way?.

Going back to your original post on this issue

Here are the actual stories of gay couples who had to fight for to either marry legally, or have their marriage legally recognized
Edith Windsor And Thea Spyer s Love Story Is One For The Ages

Ms. Windsor, a math and computer whiz in a field dominated by men, married her partner, Thea Spyer, in 2007 after a 40-year engagement. A woman who was ready to accept her own death after a heart attack three years ago, Ms. Windsor has had a life with far more than its share of twists and turns.

But their lives changed in 1977 when Ms. Spyer was found to have multiple sclerosis. Before long, Ms. Windsor quit her job to care for her full time, mastering the lifts and pulleys to get her into bed, a van or a swimming pool and the regimen, lasting hours, that began and ended each day.

Ms. Windsor’s life changed, too, over time as gay issues evolved from the personal to the political. She was drafted to design and manage computer systems for gay groups; she became a financial donor and activist. She remembers the first time she marched in the gay rights parade in the 1980s, in a black silk suit and high heels, parading past her own building as her coming-out statement.

Their goal had always been marriage, but by 2007 it began to look as if they were running out of time for same-sex marriage to be legalized in New York (it became legal last year). When Ms. Spyer was given a grim prognosis — roughly a year to live — they went to Toronto with two best men and four best women and were married in May 2007, with Ms. Windsor sitting on the arm of Ms. Spyer’s wheelchair. Ms. Spyer died Feb. 5, 2009.

Tell me how this is not how straight see marriage?

Or the recent case...

http://www.newsweek.com/jim-obergefell-man-behind-supreme-courts-same-sex-marriage-decision-347314

They cannot be denied because of race; they cannot be denied because of religion; they cannot be denied because of ethnicity; they cannot be denied because of gender and in those few states with laws banning discrimination based on sexual orientation, a straight couple cannot be denied because they are gay. How is you wanting to deny gay people the ability to marry consistent with your love of freedom?

I have said many times that I want gay couples to have all of the rights and benefits of man/woman married couples.

civil unions would have solved the issue, but no, the gay agenda had to insist on the word 'marriage'.

face it, this is not about equal rights, its about using government mandates to force societal acceptance of homosexuality as a normal human condition.

until you admit the true agenda, this will continue.

When you concede all of the argument except the use of the word 'marriage', you have by your own reasoning lost the argument.

nope, that was you who lost, the only thing that matters to you on the left is the word 'marriage'. it was never about equality or discrimination. and you fricken well know it.

Oh bullshit! The instant states started offering civil unions to gay couples the social cons in quite a few states banned them and refused to recognize them from other states. It was too close to marriage for their liking. That is when the gay marriage movement picked up steam and went into overdrive.
Yeah, but some in the GLBT wouldn't settle for anything but full "marriage" equality. There were some clergy and lay people (like me) who don't like discrimination and just wanted churches and the clergy out of the business of signing off on a civil document giving a couple economic rights.
Churches and the clergy have never been in danger of having to do so. That is a lie being told.

I have said many times that I want gay couples to have all of the rights and benefits of man/woman married couples.

civil unions would have solved the issue, but no, the gay agenda had to insist on the word 'marriage'.

face it, this is not about equal rights, its about using government mandates to force societal acceptance of homosexuality as a normal human condition.

but why did gays want marriage anyway when gays don't generally behave in marriages the way straights do or even see it the same way?.
By behaving the way straights do you mean what?

Yeah, but some in the GLBT wouldn't settle for anything but full "marriage" equality. There were some clergy and lay people (like me) who don't like discrimination and just wanted churches and the clergy out of the business of signing off on a civil document giving a couple economic rights.
Churches and the clergy have never been in danger of having to do so. That is a lie being told.

Oh, they are...just not by the government only their own congregations.

I am not gay- but as a man who has been married for over 20 years to my wife- I believe that they want the exact same thing my wife and I wanted when we got married- and I think there is no reason to treat them differently.

usually heteros want kids, commitment, longevity, monogamy while gays don't.
the male in nature has 100's of partners but marriage to a woman stops that. When you have 2 men in a relationship nature usually takes its course and men do what men do.

So in theory gay marriages will degrade the concept of marriage still further. The liberal's have been perfecting love, marriage, and family since the 1960's. They won't be sure they have succeeded until 95% of black kids and 80% of white kids are born into broken or never formed homes.

We don't? Been in a lot have you?
Monogamous gay marriage is largely a myth.
you fuck a lot of married gay men?

And since you have no fucking clue what the constitution states or what the hundreds of Supreme Court decisions addressing the 14th Amendment provide, your opinion is useless.

if it were just me, you might have a point. But its not. There are many constitutional scholars who have spoken up against these rulings.

But one more time, please quote the language from the 14th amendment where the words "gay marriage" are found.

LOL......still in meltdown over Friday.

I think it is time to remind everyone of Redfish's commitment to all of us:

Redfish- his OP 4/29/15
I have made my last post on a gay thread. I hope many of you will follow suit. Let the court do its job and live with the rulings

I am always happy to keep the board informed as to Redfish's commitment to the truth......

I am living with the rulings. I don't recall ever saying that I would agree with them.

As to gay threads, yeah, I said one thing and did another. BFD

the ruling doesn't affect you. so how are you "living" with it?

It affect the society that I live in. So yes, I am living with it.

treating others with dignity takes nothing away from you. your "living with it" only exists because you're working yourself into a tizzy

I am not gay- but as a man who has been married for over 20 years to my wife- I believe that they want the exact same thing my wife and I wanted when we got married- and I think there is no reason to treat them differently.

usually heteros want kids, commitment, longevity, monogamy while gays don't.

Really? My wife and I have been together 20 years and have two kids. All our straight friends are divorced.

the male in nature has 100's of partners but marriage to a woman stops that. When you have 2 men in a relationship nature usually takes its course and men do what men do.

It stops it huh?

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2008/10/28/health/28well.html?referrer=&_r=0

So in theory gay marriages will degrade the concept of marriage still further. The liberal's have been perfecting love, marriage, and family since the 1960's. They won't be sure they have succeeded until 95% of black kids and 80% of white kids are born into broken or never formed homes.

Your theory isn't supported by facts or evidence.
So your proof depends on a statistical sampling of one? Yeah, that's persuasive.

if it were just me, you might have a point. But its not. There are many constitutional scholars who have spoken up against these rulings.

But one more time, please quote the language from the 14th amendment where the words "gay marriage" are found.

Redfish- his OP 4/29/15
I have made my last post on a gay thread. I hope many of you will follow suit. Let the court do its job and live with the rulings

I am always happy to keep the board informed as to Redfish's commitment to the truth......

I am living with the rulings. I don't recall ever saying that I would agree with them.

treating others with dignity takes nothing away from you. your "living with it" only exists because you're working yourself into a tizzy
Ironic post is moronic.
What kind of dignity were Brendan Eich or the Oregon bakers treated with?

Redfish- his OP 4/29/15

Ironic post is moronic.

you have zero ability to link together two related thoughts.

try again, idiota.

Workers are starting to quit rather than do their job and issue samesex marriage licenses.

Good for them. I'm sure they'll be able to find jobs making con-federate flags.

Ironic post is moronic.

you have zero ability to link together two related thoughts.

try again, idiota.
LOL. Yeah, thats always your response. When unable to construct an argument you default to insults. What could anyone expect from the second biggest poseur on this site, "counselor"?

Workers are starting to quit rather than do their job and issue samesex marriage licenses.

Link?
No, they are refusing to perform same sex marriages. In some cases they continue to perform marriages, in other cases they have other duties.
Good. This is civil disobedience in the face of a tyrannical regime at its best. Rosa Parks is looking down from Heaven and smiling.

Redfish- his OP 4/29/15

Ironic post is moronic.

What kind of dignity were homosexuals who were fired for being homosexuals treated with?

Link?
No, they are refusing to perform same sex marriages. In some cases they continue to perform marriages, in other cases they have other duties.
Good. This is civil disobedience in the face of a tyrannical regime at its best. Rosa Parks is looking down from Heaven and smiling.

Its showing up in news casts now. Easy to find.

And I agree, nothing wrong with civil disobedience. As long as you are ready to pay the price, like going to jail. Which is what usually happens when you break the law, which is what happened to civil rights workers all over the country.

Link?

LOL.......

Forum List

Back