Mississippi School does the right thing: Bans prom due to Lesbian couple attending.

Should Homosexual Sex be Included in 5th Grade Sex Ed?

• 4.) This is too Deep for me, it's Confusing me, & I Need to Call someone a Name over it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At least one supporter has offered to help McMillen and her classmates hold an alternate prom.

New Orleans hotel owner Sean Cummings told The Clarion-Ledger of Jackson he was so disappointed with the school board's decision he offered to transport the students in buses to the city and host a free prom at one of his properties.

"New Orleans, we're a joyful culture and a creative culture here and, if the school doesn't change its mind, we'd be delighted to offer them a prom in New Orleans," he told the newspaper. "Concluding your high school experience should be a joyful one. One shouldn't conclude that experience with all their friends on a negative note."

Lesbian teen sues to force school to hold prom - Yahoo! News

:thup:

I saw that and laughed and hoped it would happen because then her classmates would thank her for the free prom trip to NOLA and the plan by the Board would completely blow up in their faces.

Yes, a charming reminder that everyone doesn't except deviant homosexual behaviour, nor will they be compelled to tolerate it.

So you think 2 lesbians raising a child are deviants, and that their kids should be punished for it?

Of course, it's a Catholic School, meaning private, so they have that right to reject the children because of the parents sexual orientations. Of course we all know all straight parents never do anything sexually "deviant" right Samson?
Exactly, sex is only for producing kids, and only in the missionary position. Sodomy includes oral sex, folks.

Everyone knows oral sex isn't sex, Clinton taught us that. :D

So you think 2 lesbians raising a child are deviants, and that their kids should be punished for it?

Of course, it's a Catholic School, meaning private, so they have that right to reject the children because of the parents sexual orientations. Of course we all know all straight parents never do anything sexually "deviant" right Samson?
Exactly, sex is only for producing kids, and only in the missionary position. Sodomy includes oral sex, folks.

Everyone knows oral sex isn't sex, Clinton taught us that. :D

I'm disappointed. Couldn't you find a way to squeeze in Kennedy and Chappaquiddick?

I'd make my own prom and not invite the girl with the tux.

That's what they'll do.

There will be a prom for homosexuals, and a prom for heterosexuals.

There will be a prom for Star-bellied sneeches and Plain-bellied sneeches

There will be a prom for Liberals and a prom for Conservatives

There will be a prom for cat lovers and a prom for dog lovers

There will even be a prom for those that like OctoErotic Art.

Aren't there some places in the South where they have White Proms and Black Proms?

Unfortunately yes. My reason for not inviting the girl who wanted to wear the tux was because it was her fault the school canceled the prom. She had to ruin it for everybody else. I don't care what she is, had she worn a dress and gone with her girlfriend, no one would have said anything. In fact, I don't understand at all why she had to even mention what she was going to do before the prom except that she wanted the school to make a big fuss. Some people just have to ruin it for everyone... and she's one of them.

At least one supporter has offered to help McMillen and her classmates hold an alternate prom.

New Orleans hotel owner Sean Cummings told The Clarion-Ledger of Jackson he was so disappointed with the school board's decision he offered to transport the students in buses to the city and host a free prom at one of his properties.

"New Orleans, we're a joyful culture and a creative culture here and, if the school doesn't change its mind, we'd be delighted to offer them a prom in New Orleans," he told the newspaper. "Concluding your high school experience should be a joyful one. One shouldn't conclude that experience with all their friends on a negative note."

I saw that and laughed and hoped it would happen because then her classmates would thank her for the free prom trip to NOLA and the plan by the Board would completely blow up in their faces.

Actually I see it as a win win. The plan by the school board was to avoid a lawsuit, they succeeded by canceling the prom. She's now suing to force the school to hold the prom. She didn't want to go to school after they canceled the prom, even SHE knew she was responsible. Going to New Orleans would be fun for everybody and she could wear what she wants without breaking the school's rules.

Again, why the tux? Why even mention what she want's to do before the prom? If she didn't have any agenda, she just would have shown up at the prom with her date and let things fall where they may, but she wanted to create a problem and she succeeded.

That's what they'll do.

There will be a prom for homosexuals, and a prom for heterosexuals.

There will be a prom for Star-bellied sneeches and Plain-bellied sneeches

There will be a prom for Liberals and a prom for Conservatives

There will be a prom for cat lovers and a prom for dog lovers

There will even be a prom for those that like OctoErotic Art.

Aren't there some places in the South where they have White Proms and Black Proms?

Unfortunately yes. My reason for not inviting the girl who wanted to wear the tux was because it was her fault the school canceled the prom. She had to ruin it for everybody else. I don't care what she is, had she worn a dress and gone with her girlfriend, no one would have said anything. In fact, I don't understand at all why she had to even mention what she was going to do before the prom except that she wanted the school to make a big fuss. Some people just have to ruin it for everyone... and she's one of them.

say what? the people who ruined are the eunuchs on the school board who didn't even have the stones to stand up for their bigotry and put it all on some 17 year old kid.
:cuckoo:

say what? the people who ruined are the eunuchs on the school board who didn't even have the stones to stand up for their bigotry and put it all on some 17 year old kid.

How did the people on the school board even know her plans? Hmm? You think they are mind readers?

How did the people on the school board even know her plans? Hmm? You think they are mind readers?

i didn't realize that one's prom date was a state secret, nor did i know that a female wearing a tux was a sign of the apocalypse. so if she'd stayed in the closet and worn a party dress everything would have been hunky-dory, huh?

thanks for clearing that up.

i didn't realize that one's prom date was a state secret, nor did i know that a female wearing a tux was a sign of the apocalypse. so if she'd stayed in the closet and worn a party dress everything would have been hunky-dory, huh?

thanks for clearing that up.

I don't know what would have happened, but the prom definitely would have taken place had she kept her mouth shut. She wanted to cause a fuss and she succeeded. So glad you back her up in this.

As my son just said "If I want to go to my prom in a dress, I'm going to my prom in a dress" and I said "But you're not going to tell the school board first" and he said "Hell no, I don't want them stopping me."

Face it, this is all a trap for the school board set by a person who wanted to create a problem and she succeeded. That you fell for it as well, tells us something about you too.

Sheila, you have to be very strong now.

girlintux.jpg

girlintux.jpg

nice try. Again, had she just showed up at the prom wearing her tux and they wouldn't let her in, then I'd be backing her 100%. At the moment, she wanted to create a problem and she succeeded. IMO she should be shunned by her classmates, not because she's a lesbian, not because she wanted to wear a tux to the prom, but because she made a big deal out of it and got the prom canceled for everybody.

Actually I see it as a win win. The plan by the school board was to avoid a lawsuit, they succeeded by canceling the prom. She's now suing to force the school to hold the prom. She didn't want to go to school after they canceled the prom, even SHE knew she was responsible. Going to New Orleans would be fun for everybody and she could wear what she wants without breaking the school's rules.

Again, why the tux? Why even mention what she want's to do before the prom? If she didn't have any agenda, she just would have shown up at the prom with her date and let things fall where they may, but she wanted to create a problem and she succeeded.

She handled it very maturely. She knew the school's policy and was mature enough to inform administrators of her intentions to do a really crazy thing and live by the Constitution. Since she and her partner go to the same school I'm guessing the homophobes around them have been buzzing about what they would do on prom night.

If she and her partner kept quiet and just showed up at prom there would have been altercations that could have lead to bigger problems. If she had done that then your camp would be crying conspiracy and she planned to ruin prom night for everyone so no matter what she did, short of suicide or a quiet disappearance from existence, your camp would be crying foul.

The school's policy is anti-American so it would not be a Win/Win for a NOLA prom. The only possible win is if this school and all public schools wake up to the Constitutional coffee and realize their policies that contradict the very Freedoms kids are taught should be removed. Do you realize how heavily military recruiters focus on high school kids? Think about it....they entice young Americans to fight and possibly die for America on the basis America is one of the greatest nations in the world because of personal Freedom yet these ancient theological hacks want to impose islamic extremist type rules onto these very same young Americans.

And what the fuck is up with bitching about her wanting to wear a tux? If that is the kind of place you want to live in then why be in America? Renounce your citizenship and move to Saudi Arabia where male/female dress codes have been streamlined. It would be paradise for you because you wouldn't have to worry about brave Americans, like this high school senior, encroaching on your extremist beliefs.

girlintux.jpg

nice try. Again, had she just showed up at the prom wearing her tux and they wouldn't let her in, then I'd be backing her 100%. At the moment, she wanted to create a problem and she succeeded. IMO she should be shunned by her classmates, not because she's a lesbian, not because she wanted to wear a tux to the prom, but because she made a big deal out of it and got the prom canceled for everybody.

•!BULLSHIT!•

If she had just shown up in a tux you'd be saying:

"She did it on purpose to ruin prom for everyone. She knew the school's Policy so she planned on 'sticking' it to them by dressing like that unannounced. She should have approached the school before Prom night to inform them she would not follow the School's Policy because it violated her Constitutional Rights."

How close is that?

She handled it very maturely. She knew the school's policy and was mature enough to inform administrators of her intentions to do a really crazy thing and live by the Constitution. Since she and her partner go to the same school I'm guessing the homophobes around them have been buzzing about what they would do on prom night.

If she and her partner kept quiet and just showed up at prom there would have been altercations that could have lead to bigger problems. If she had done that then your camp would be crying conspiracy and she planned to ruin prom night for everyone so no matter what she did, short of suicide or a quiet disappearance from existence, your camp would be crying foul.

The school's policy is anti-American so it would not be a Win/Win for a NOLA prom. The only possible win is if this school and all public schools wake up to the Constitutional coffee and realize their policies that contradict the very Freedoms kids are taught should be removed. Do you realize how heavily military recruiters focus on high school kids? Think about it....they entice young Americans to fight and possibly die for America on the basis America is one of the greatest nations in the world because of personal Freedom yet these ancient theological hacks want to impose islamic extremist type rules onto these very same young Americans.

And what the fuck is up with bitching about her wanting to wear a tux? If that is the kind of place you want to live in then why be in America? Renounce your citizenship and move to Saudi Arabia where male/female dress codes have been streamlined. It would be paradise for you because you wouldn't have to worry about brave Americans, like this high school senior, encroaching on your extremist beliefs.

I wouldn't survive in Saudi Arabia, I look every man I meet right in the eyes.

What exactly is "my camp"???? Is that like my "ilk"?

She caused this problem and she did so intentionally. If she'd just shown up at the prom in her tux, I seriously doubt such a fuss would have been made. She did it because she wanted a fuss, she wanted the ACLU to join her and she wanted to sue the school. This spoiled brat got her way. Congratulations....your "camp" won.

In college, we voted in a man to be homecoming queen. We didn't announce it beforehand, and no one tried to stop us. Nobody made a big deal about it, at least not the school and this was more than 30 years ago. No, this girl wanted this fuss and thanks to your "camp" she got it. Congrats.

I wouldn't survive in Saudi Arabia, I look every man I meet right in the eyes.

What exactly is "my camp"???? Is that like my "ilk"?

She caused this problem and she did so intentionally. If she'd just shown up at the prom in her tux, I seriously doubt such a fuss would have been made. She did it because she wanted a fuss, she wanted the ACLU to join her and she wanted to sue the school. This spoiled brat got her way. Congratulations....your "camp" won.

In college, we voted in a man to be homecoming queen. We didn't announce it beforehand, and no one tried to stop us. Nobody made a big deal about it, at least not the school and this was more than 30 years ago. No, this girl wanted this fuss and thanks to your "camp" she got it. Congrats.

They like to push their selves to the limit

Back by Popular Demand
Member #20112

bodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddha
bodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddha
New reputation!
Hi, you have received -33 reputation points from bodecea.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Comparing your college with a southern HS? Really?

Regards,
bodecea

Note: This is an automated message.

Bodecea neg repped me for comparing my college 30 years ago to a southern hs today????? Really....grow up. I didn't even mention where I attended college. Could have been down south. My daddy was a southern gentleman.

Back by Popular Demand
Member #20112

bodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddha
bodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddhabodecea could be the buddha
New reputation!
Hi, you have received -33 reputation points from bodecea.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Comparing your college with a southern HS? Really?

Regards,
bodecea

Note: This is an automated message.

Bodecea neg repped me for comparing my college 30 years ago to a southern hs today????? Really....grow up. I didn't even mention where I attended college. Could have been down south. My daddy was a southern gentleman.

I thought it was your sly way of telling everyone you were voted HC queen.

I still say they should have just bought their tickets, gone to the prom, and let the school board have them arrested.

But they were certainly within their rights to bait the bigots at the school, if that's what they even did. It is unclear how the school found out that they were planning to attend.

And I think Del made a good point...the school was too cowardly to express their bigotry so they took the easy way out and canceled the prom.

Forum List

Back