Mississippi School does the right thing: Bans prom due to Lesbian couple attending.

Should Homosexual Sex be Included in 5th Grade Sex Ed?

• 4.) This is too Deep for me, it's Confusing me, & I Need to Call someone a Name over it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And they didn't.

Thanks for your invaluable contributions to this discussion. :lol:

It's always sad when a britney spears quality brainiac like you tries to pounce on others' posts. The school's policy discriminates on the basis of sex by saying a female cannot wear a tux and by stating all dates must be of the opposite sex. What you do not understand is that policy transcends the fact they cancelled prom for this year. There are two ways the school can be in compliance with the law: permanently cancel all proms in the future thus removing the policy altogether or amend the policy to bring it into America where equality is paramount. You Crotch Watchers are the parasites of the American Dream.

Yet we have appropriateness in dress rules everywhere from work to school to public establishments... girls are not discriminated against because they are told they must wear appropriate formal wear, nor because they are told not to wear something too revealing... it is not discrimination when boys have been instructed they cannot wear dresses, etc....

How is a tuxedo not appropriate formal attire at a prom you dumbass?

Uhhhhhhhhhh... nobody has a 'right' to go to a prom

True...but when a school district cancels an entire prom for an entire class in order to avoid allowing one couple to go....there is intent to discriminate.

Of course, a court of law has to make determination as to intent to discriminate.

Or the district is doing it because they are mitigating risk... they are under no requirement to make it a feel good experience for all.... just because things are tolerated does not mean that everyone, including a school system, needs to accept or coddle to choices

Oh... and BTW.. this is not discriminating because of 'sex'... there are only 2 sexes, male and female... nobody is being excluded because they are a male or because they are a female... not allowing certain behaviors, is not covered as 'discrimination'
What 'certain behavior' is not being allowed, Diamond?

Uhhhhhhhhhh... nobody has a 'right' to go to a prom

True...but when a school district cancels an entire prom for an entire class in order to avoid allowing one couple to go....there is intent to discriminate.

Of course, a court of law has to make determination as to intent to discriminate.

Or the district is doing it because they are mitigating risk... they are under no requirement to make it a feel good experience for all.... just because things are tolerated does not mean that everyone, including a school system, needs to accept or coddle to choices

Oh... and BTW.. this is not discriminating because of 'sex'... there are only 2 sexes, male and female... nobody is being excluded because they are a male or because they are a female... not allowing certain behaviors, is not covered as 'discrimination'

If there is a Crotch Watcher at the door who turns someone away based on sex that is discrimination based on sex. You are no where near intelligent enough to be a wordsmith worthy of the suave moves it would require to sell the policy as anything but discrimination.

Having a same sex date is a behavior, a choice... it is not discrimination because of sex.... as stated, there are indeed only 2 sexes... male and female... as determined by genetic make up

Just as other behaviors are not tolerated by students according to school rules... whether it be based on how they dress, how they act, shocking or disruptive behavior, etc

If there is a Crotch Watcher at the door who turns someone away based on sex that is discrimination based on sex. You are no where near intelligent enough to be a wordsmith worthy of the suave moves it would require to sell the policy as anything but discrimination.

Again.. you fucking idiot.. you are confusing discrimination based on sex with rules based on chosen behavior

there are indeed only 2 sexes, and there was no decision made for keeping anyone out because they were a male or because they were a female

It's always sad when a britney spears quality brainiac like you tries to pounce on others' posts. The school's policy discriminates on the basis of sex by saying a female cannot wear a tux and by stating all dates must be of the opposite sex. What you do not understand is that policy transcends the fact they cancelled prom for this year. There are two ways the school can be in compliance with the law: permanently cancel all proms in the future thus removing the policy altogether or amend the policy to bring it into America where equality is paramount. You Crotch Watchers are the parasites of the American Dream.

Yet we have appropriateness in dress rules everywhere from work to school to public establishments... girls are not discriminated against because they are told they must wear appropriate formal wear, nor because they are told not to wear something too revealing... it is not discrimination when boys have been instructed they cannot wear dresses, etc....

Just as boys are not allowed to wear mini-skirts, etc.....

There are precedents for dress codes and those dress codes having standards for both boys and girls that are not exactly identical

There are precedents for dress codes and those dress codes having standards for both boys and girls that are not exactly identical

First of all you say it's certain behavior and now it's a dress code thing. Can you show us where that school's dress code says that girls cannot wear tuxes? I understand their dress code is available on line.

Here is the ACLU complaint...I believe you can find the dress code from the district near the last few pages:

http://www.aclu.org/files/assets/McM...aint_final.pdf

Last edited:

First of all you say it's certain behavior and now it's a dress code thing. Can you show us where that school's dress code says that girls cannot wear tuxes? I understand their dress code is available on line.

No... Curve is making an argument based on the dress code thing.. I am stating that there are precedents for separate standards in dress for boys and girls in school... I am unsure if there was a specific rules against girls in tuxes.. but do know my daughters school does not allow boys to wear skirts or dresses... where in the past that rule was to prevent joking behavior, but it is still enforced and IMHO rightfully so

Ok, i'm laying 10-1 odds that Curveball is never going to back up the claim that the school broke the law.

Any takers? :lol:

Having a same sex date is a behavior, a choice... it is not discrimination because of sex.... as stated, there are indeed only 2 sexes... male and female... as determined by genetic make up

Just as other behaviors are not tolerated by students according to school rules... whether it be based on how they dress, how they act, shocking or disruptive behavior, etc

Acutally its not a choice, it just happens so don't twist that up and it is discrimination against gays and lezbines they have no right to cancel prom cause of these two young ladies.

Still Arguing about Forcing the Homosexual Agenda on Children in Schools?... :clap2:

:)

peace...

Still trying to sell your pathetic strawmen? When women fought for the right to vote were they forcing men to get pregnant? When there was a fight to let blacks vote were they forcing whites to go get a really deep suntan?

Affirming equal rights as guaranteed by the Constitution isn't forcing anything on anyone. It's preventing discrimination. You homophobes are so fukkked up you actually cry persecution when you are prevented from sticking your over controlling hands in other peoples' pants.

Acutally its not a choice, it just happens so don't twist that up and it is discrimination against gays and lezbines they have no right to cancel prom cause of these two young ladies.

As Shogun would say, your opinion about the rights they have means exactly two things, jack and shit.

They have every legal right to cancel a prom.

Acutally its not a choice
, it just happens so don't twist that up and it is discrimination against gays and lezbines they have no right to cancel prom cause of these two young ladies.

Show the gay gene as proven thru science and accepted widely as being biological and not behavior in nature

No... Curve is making an argument based on the dress code thing.. I am stating that there are precedents for separate standards in dress for boys and girls in school... I am unsure if there was a specific rules against girls in tuxes.. but do know my daughters school does not allow boys to wear skirts or dresses... where in the past that rule was to prevent joking behavior, but it is still enforced and IMHO rightfully so

She wore a tux on picture day so the school banned her picture from the yearbook. She is also 18 so as an adult in a government funded and run institution she is entitled to all Constitutional protections. Minors are protected as well although some technicalities provide loopholes.

She wore a tux on picture day so the school banned her picture from the yearbook. She is also 18 so as an adult in a government funded and run institution she is entitled to all Constitutional protections. Minors are protected as well although some technicalities provide loopholes.

Just as a picture would be banned of a boy in a dress.... or a female trying to wear a male swimsuit

Dress codes having differing standards for males and females has been around and should be around

Nice try

Ok, i'm laying 10-1 odds that Curveball is never going to back up the claim that the school broke the law.

What law were you talking about when you said it wasn't cowardly to obey the law?

The school's policy violates the 1st Amendment. Since you are obviously ignorant of this I will provide a link to help you understand that here in America discrimination based on sex is unacceptable.
Http://www.topics.law.cornell.edu/constitution/billofrights

Here you can see the flyer put out by the school explicitly forbidding same sex dates. If you prohibit a date based on sex that is discrimination based on sex. You can also read other documents and see Constance give a thank you to Americans. People like you have a social security number but you're about as American in character and principle as the saudi islamic clerics who let school girls burn to death.
Fulton, MS Prom Discrimination - School Flyer | American Civil Liberties Union

What law were you talking about when you said it wasn't cowardly to obey the law?

The school's policy violates the 1st Amendment. Since you are obviously ignorant of this I will provide a link to help you understand that here in America discrimination based on sex is unacceptable.
Http://www.topics.law.cornell.edu/constitution/billofrights

Here you can see the flyer put out by the school explicitly forbidding same sex dates. If you prohibit a date based on sex that is discrimination based on sex. You can also read other documents and see Constance give a thank you to Americans. People like you have a social security number but you're about as American in character and principle as the saudi islamic clerics who let school girls burn to death.
Fulton, MS Prom Discrimination - School Flyer | American Civil Liberties Union

Right.

So they scrapped the illegal policy in favor of a legal one... no prom.

you lose :thup:

Please allow me to apologize on behalf of the South for the original poster. Not all of us are this backward, I promise.

I love the people that say being gay is a choice. If that's what you think...are you CHOOSING to be straight? Every time you see Manifold's avatar do you stop...choose whether you're straight or gay...then act accordingly? No. Of course you dont. Gay = choice = retarded.

Last edited:

Again.. you fucking idiot.. you are confusing discrimination based on sex with rules based on chosen behavior

there are indeed only 2 sexes, and there was no decision made for keeping anyone out because they were a male or because they were a female

Remember earlier when I said you lack the ability to argue your position? That was my polite way of suggesting you bow out before revealing the depths of your idiocy. The policy regarding this case has absolutely nothing to do with behavior. It is based purely on the sex of the students you fuxxing reject.

You are trying to be slick by replacing the word "sex" with "behavior" thus avoiding the problem of how you can justify supporting a policy that is discriminatory based purely on the Crotch Watch. You aren't that slick and you truly stink at trying to be a silver tongue taser.

Forum List

Back