Hulk Hogan ripped me off and used the phrase “real Americans” over and over again…Does that phrase piss off Democrats?

If you say so. Notice how how you needed words to express that idea though. :lol:
200w.gif

:biggrin:

No I can't and I'll give you a great article that explains why. Like Ta-Nehisi Coates I don't think it's as simple as giving money to everyone who checked black on the census. I'm black (and asian) and so is a lot of my family but none of us where ever victims of American discrimination. I'm the first generation of Americans in my family. And like Ta-Nehisi I think these programs of reparations should be tied to the specific acts of discrimination and their victims. Now, I don't have to know the exact number to know that it's significant because the discrimination was significant. So I don't have a number for. I only have a political and social philosophy that it's the goal of government to seek justice for the victims of injustice and that goes double for when the government itself is the perpetrator of that injustice. I also agree with him that there also needs to be just as much effort made into educating Americans about these injustices that our country was responsible for.

Ta-Nehisi Coates Revisits the Case for Reparations

paywall article..

Again, the amount is a relevant part of the discussion. You say it should be significant, that could mean something different to different people.

If you ever come up with a number, let me know, I’d be interested in what people feel is a just recompense.

paywall article..

Again, the amount is a relevant part of the discussion. You say it should be significant, that could mean something different to different people.

If you ever come up with a number, let me know, I’d be interested in what people feel is a just recompense.
I don't care what it means to them. I'm not debating their feelings. So long as we agree injustice was done and justice is owed I'm good. If you want to discuss the merits of some particular policy proposal then it's your job to present it. I've already proven my point.

I don't care what it means to them. I'm not debating their feelings. So long as we agree injustice was done and justice is owed I'm good. If you want to discuss the merits of some particular policy proposal then it's your job to present it. I've already proven my point.

Nobody can deny that black people suffered for a long time, and they certainly could use some help, but depending on what that help is, who is eligible, the time frame, and some other things, changes if that help is viable.

Nobody can deny that black people suffered for a long time, and they certainly could use some help, but depending on what that help is, who is eligible, the time frame, and some other things, changes if that help is viable.
I don't care about what wishy washy bullshit you say after you admit injustice was done and injustice is owed.

So you want equal access to the opportunity of home ownership, and you want equal access to business subsidies that everyone else has today? I’m on board with that.
Oh yeah?

So, how about laws saying corporations can't buy houses in residential areas?

Or federal rent controls?

Forum List

Back