Missouri bill to ban all child marriages runs into resistance from House Republicans

So…you’ve reduced women to animals in order to justify virginal child marriage. This isn’t going to go well….just saying.
News flash... Men, and women ARE animals...

And it's been going fine. And will continue to do so. For those who know what they are ...

marriage is a religious ceremony,, not a government one,,

Marriage is both and neither. In order to be legally recognized…it requires some form government recognition. In addition, non-religious people get married in non-religious marriages.

I know a few married cpls that have never gotten a license,,

I think its Alabama or Georgia that dont even require one,,

you just get married and register it with the state,,
Interesting…didn’t know that.

You keep saying that, but it’s still a government-recognized event, as I proved and as you can’t refute.
it only matters to them and mindless drones,,

many cpls have been married for decades and the government had no part in it,,

in fact alabama doesnt ever require a license,,

Marriage is both and neither. In order to be legally recognized…it requires some form government recognition. In addition, non-religious people get married in non-religious marriages.

Interesting…didn’t know that.
fuck legally,,

people for all of human history have gotten married and the state had no part,,

so if two 17 yr olds got married without the governments permission and lived together should they go to jail??

Then why does it need to be registered with the state?
And to the point; the State shouldn't even be involved in marriage. You can get a drivers license at 16, potentially killing countless people... But you need marriage license only at 18, and above, to get married, and make life.

Makes total sense...

How might you define an acceptable "age gap"..?
thats a tough one,,

it sure isnt 40 yrs to a 14 yr old,,

my problem is who is the state to get involved in marriage,,

we have statutory rape laws that cover the perverts,, but after that the government shouldnt be the ones that give permission to get married,,

well…in Missouri the age of consent is 17, so a 17 yr old could Mary a 69 yr old lech.
Or a 17 year old lech/gold digger could marry a 69 year old coffin dodger, and await the the pay off...

thats a tough one,,

it sure isnt 40 yrs to a 14 yr old,,

my problem is who is the state to get involved in marriage,,

we have statutory rape laws that cover the perverts,, but after that the government shouldnt be the ones that give permission to get married,,
While I agree to your 14 year old comment... Historically men and women have paired off at thier respective Primes. Which usually means mid to late teen, very early 20's woemen; and late 20's , to mid 30's men. Biology will always thumb its nose at sociological convention...

Forum List

Back