Missouri Bill to raise age of consent to 18 (from 17)

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Missouri bill would change legal age of consent - WGEM.com Quincy News Weather Sports and Radio

(make sure ya just scroll down, hit that connect button a few times before I noticed hehe.)

"PALMYRA, Mo. (WGEM) -

Missouri kids might now have one more year to hang on to their youth.

Missouri's Consumer Affairs Committee approved an initial bill that would change the age of a minor from under 17 to under 18.

Supporters of the bill say the change is important for parents and kids. Local officials say it's about time because kids have long been stuck in the middle of responsibility.

"There's a lot of factors. You know, kids aren't allowed to sign a contract at 17, but they are at 18," Palmyra Police Chief Eddie Bogue said. "They're not allowed to vote, they're not allowed to do a lot of things."

Missouri is one of nine states that still have a legal adult age of 17."

Dunno what's prompted this but it's logic is faulty. Can drive at 16 endagering others' lives, and enlist in the military at 17.

Am very happily single and uninvolved. Have had more than my fair share of hookups and found them unsatisfying. Rather handle my needs myself (so to speak) then involve myself with other people at this point.

Wanna try and suggest something, be a man and come out with it. Or are you not a man but a punk kid? Or worse, an adult with the mentality of a kid?

Missouri bill would change legal age of consent - WGEM.com Quincy News Weather Sports and Radio

(make sure ya just scroll down, hit that connect button a few times before I noticed hehe.)

"PALMYRA, Mo. (WGEM) -

Missouri's Consumer Affairs Committee approved an initial bill that would change the age of a minor from under 17 to under 18.

Supporters of the bill say the change is important for parents and kids. Local officials say it's about time because kids have long been stuck in the middle of responsibility.

"There's a lot of factors. You know, kids aren't allowed to sign a contract at 17, but they are at 18," Palmyra Police Chief Eddie Bogue said. "They're not allowed to vote, they're not allowed to do a lot of things."

Dunno what's prompted this but it's logic is faulty. Can drive at 16 endagering others' lives, and enlist in the military at 17.
Good.....and unlike what many in the Right want to blame on gays and gay rights...the current trend IS to increase the age of consent. I am all for that. Hurray!

18 eh? Like the other fucking dumb states. God Americans are as dumb as dog shit. Can't deal with reality or biology.

"PALMYRA, Mo. (WGEM) -

Good.....and unlike what many in the Right want to blame on gays and gay rights...the current trend IS to increase the age of consent. I am all for that. Hurray!

Should have 1 age of consent for all 50 states. That we have 3 shows how they're arbitrary.

"PALMYRA, Mo. (WGEM) -

Should have 1 age of consent for all 50 states. That we have 3 shows how they're arbitrary.
They'd be arbitrary regardless.

"PALMYRA, Mo. (WGEM) -

They'd be arbitrary regardless.

True, but at least then it'd be more logicly consistent. Arbitrary things are easier to accept if it's at least consistent. :)

Age of consent should have sections and subsections.

20 should be age of consent to bang anyone 25 & over.
18 should be age of consent for banging 18-24.
16 the age of consent for 16-18.

That way, 18yr old can be arrested for banging their 16yr old girlfriend because of a bad breakup and a nasty ex's parents.

But no scummy 24yr old man can try banging a young 16yr old girl.

It is a good idea. Especially when colleges like Cambridge are teaching that pedophilia is a normal male reaction to little children.

Forum List

Back