Missouri Bill to raise age of consent to 18 (from 17)

It's not all sex you perverts...

Have to be 19 to buy cigarettes (where I live), 21 for booze, and yea 17 army, 16 to drive, 18 to enter a contract. It's a bit silly to have that kind of spread and especially since kids mature at different ages so saying "oh they're ready to drive at 16" isn't always the case anyway.

Should just be one age for everything... (With possibly a slight exception of /maybe/ driving, because of after school jobs/activities...)

This is stupid. If a 19 year old has consensual sex with a 17 year old, their is nothing wrong with that.

Age of consent should have sections and subsections.

20 should be age of consent to bang anyone 25 & over.
18 should be age of consent for banging 18-24.
16 the age of consent for 16-18.
Another dumbass.
The only thing dumb is his ranges are too tight and don't go nearly low enough.
Re assess. Go for it.......
12, with a range 9 to 16.
14, with a range 11 to 19.
16, with a range 13 to 23.
18, with a range 15 to whatever.

That's biology, meaning reality, not something Americans embrace.

This is stupid. If a 19 year old has consensual sex with a 17 year old, their is nothing wrong with that.
I agree. But a 28yr old having sex with a 17yr old is reprehensible and should be shunned, legally and morally

Another dumbass.

That needs clarification.

If it starts at 12, then what of the 9 to 11yr olds you added into your ranges? Legally speaking.

Another dumbass.

That needs clarification.

If it starts at 12, then what of the 9 to 11yr olds you added into your ranges? Legally speaking.
They're kids so they are under the age of consent except for those very close in age. All the range does is keep one of the kids from being charged with Statutory Rape, which is invalid in this case. That's just kids, being kids.

That way, 18yr old can be arrested for banging their 16yr old girlfriend because of a bad breakup and a nasty ex's parents.

A lot of states already have a buffer zone for those kinds of situation.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
I agree. But a 28yr old having sex with a 17yr old is reprehensible and should be shunned, legally and morally

Is it? My great-grandparents eloped. She was 17 and he was 26. Of course, this was in 1912 well before politicians decided it was their job to protect us all from ourselves.

Is it? My great-grandparents eloped. She was 17 and he was 26. Of course, this was in 1912 well before politicians decided it was their job to protect us all from ourselves.
Im glad they turned out good

My anecdotal experience is that a 26yr old pressing up on a 17yr old for sex is taking advantage.

It is a good idea. Especially when colleges like Cambridge are teaching that pedophilia is a normal male reaction to little children.

Know the incident you're referring to, but dunno if it's accurate to say it was Cambridge teaching it or whether Cambridge just didn't do it's due diligence investigating the subject matter and speakers at the event in question.

Have to be 19 to buy cigarettes (where I live), 21 for booze, and yea 17 army, 16 to drive, 18 to enter a contract. It's a bit silly to have that kind of spread and especially since kids mature at different ages so saying "oh they're ready to drive at 16" isn't always the case anyway.

Should just be one age for everything... (With possibly a slight exception of /maybe/ driving, because of after school jobs/activities...)

Driving age should be 30. :)

Driving age should be 30. :)
20 would be good.

...is taking advantage.
Yeah, but which one? Don't underestimate teenage girls, they may be young but not nearly as stupid as many believe. That assessment is for teenage boys.
Mental age varies way too much.

Thats why we need reasonable parameters

But id be hardpressed aside from retardation of the 26yr old to find a situation where the 26yr old isnt wiser to life of the 17yr old to the point of being able to take advantage.

Forum List

Back