Missouri man sentenced to 13 years but was never incarcerated now faces prison

• Banned
As a big portion of a prison sentence is supposed to be about rehabilitation as well as punishment I think an injustice would be to put this man in jail. The main goal of incarnation is to change peoples behavior and it seems this man has done that.
There has to be a just way that the state can seek their justice without destroying this family.

Well it is missouri, where a dwi from 25 years ago is the same if you got it last year.In fact, the DWI talley goes on for your life....

As a big portion of a prison sentence is supposed to be about rehabilitation as well as punishment I think an injustice would be to put this man in jail. The main goal of incarnation is to change peoples behavior and it seems this man has done that.
There has to be a just way that the state can seek their justice without destroying this family.

Our "Justice" system is so screwed up

Me too.

I signed the petition at change.org and sent an e-mail to Chris Koster.

Whether it was God, or fate, this guy got a second chance and he made the most of it.

Give him probation and set him free.

Last edited:
http://www.change.org/petitions/att...-cornealious-michael-anderson-iii-from-prison

QSbiYqHbeNQXIAi-556x313-noPad.jpg

Cornealious "Mike" Anderson is 36 years old, a married father of four, youth football coach, volunteer, homeowner and small business owner in St. Louis, Missouri. In 1999, he was arrested and later convicted of participating in a robbery of a Burger King manager. He was sentenced to 13 years in prison. He was released on bail while his appeals were pending, and after he lost his appeals, the State of Missouri simply forgot about him. They never told him to report to prison to serve his sentence.
When he was arrested, he was 22 years old, had no children, was not married, and did not own a home or a business.
From 1999 to 2013, he lived a law-abiding life, paid taxes, and worked to build a career as a carpenter. He never became a fugitive, tried to change his identity, or flee from justice. He had no further trouble with the law. He stayed right in St. Louis. He got married, had 4 children, built his own home in Missouri, and started several successful small businesses, including a contracting business. He volunteered at his church and coached his son's youth football team.

Last edited:
edit

weird story though...do crime do the time I guess

Last edited:
lol no, 13 years and 13 yrs.

n'er mind homey!!

cawwwfeeeeeee

Well it is missouri, where a dwi from 25 years ago is the same if you got it last year.In fact, the DWI talley goes on for your life....

Yep. One of the guys that works for me had a bout a few years back with the justice system. It had been 23 years since his last dui but it still counted and he was charged with a felony. Thankfully they sent him to a halfway house and not prison but it was still rough for his family.

I'm torn on this, seems he has made a great life for himself and turned his life around big time after armed robbery.

BUT we all know he knew he was supposed to be in jail, clerical errors happen a lot, people are human. Why is it only on the state to be at fault and not him as well for this mess?

Oh, and as far as his attorney arguing this is making "a 13 year sentence into a 26 year sentence" and is "cruel and unusual punishment". I can't see how he is saying that unless his client says he expected to be arrested at any moment over the last 13 years and lived in fear. If that is the case the guy knew even more so he was wrong and he should have checked with his attorney and or authorities.

CaféAuLait;8945984 said:
I'm torn on this, seems he has made a great life for himself and turned his life around big time after armed robbery.

BUT we all know he knew he was supposed to be in jail, clerical errors happen a lot, people are human. Why is it only on the state to be at fault and not him as well for this mess?

It is absolutely not his fault he didn't serve the sentence.

And he completely turned his life around.

It's ridiculous to throw all that away.

http://www.change.org/petitions/att...-cornealious-michael-anderson-iii-from-prison

QSbiYqHbeNQXIAi-556x313-noPad.jpg

Cornealious "Mike" Anderson is 36 years old, a married father of four, youth football coach, volunteer, homeowner and small business owner in St. Louis, Missouri. In 1999, he was arrested and later convicted of participating in a robbery of a Burger King manager. He was sentenced to 13 years in prison. He was released on bail while his appeals were pending, and after he lost his appeals, the State of Missouri simply forgot about him. They never told him to report to prison to serve his sentence.
When he was arrested, he was 22 years old, had no children, was not married, and did not own a home or a business.
From 1999 to 2013, he lived a law-abiding life, paid taxes, and worked to build a career as a carpenter. He never became a fugitive, tried to change his identity, or flee from justice. He had no further trouble with the law. He stayed right in St. Louis. He got married, had 4 children, built his own home in Missouri, and started several successful small businesses, including a contracting business. He volunteered at his church and coached his son's youth football team.

It's unreal that anyone wants to see this man in jail.

Forum List

Back