Missouri University assistant professor SACKED

thereisnospoon

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2010
This is the "hey get some muscle over here" professor that wanted student journalists capturing video of a race protest at U of MO removed by force.
Ex-Univ. of Missouri prof Melissa Click appeals her firing
GOOD...it's about time the backlash against one of these hysterically far left educrats had good results.
It is not her job to pick winners and losers. It is not her job to present her ideological biases as the ONLY allowable ideology

I agree she should be fired.

And I think that Trump's people, or anyone's, beating up on opponents is wrong as well.

With any luck she'll get a criminal record to go with her firing.

Mizzou Instructor Charged

Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 5:32 pm

Columbia prosecutor Steve Richey filed misdemeanor municipal assault charges against University of Missouri assistant communications professor Melissa Click for her actions during the protests last November over alleged racial issues. If convicted, she faces up to 15 days in jail and a fine up to $300.

Mizzou Instructor Charged

If convicted, she will be allowed into a deferred sentence program.

Probably not. The outrage over her actions by the admin and the School of Journalism (who's students she threatened) is very high. The former dean of the School and now a Professor Emeritus, wrote a particularly scathing op ed a few weeks ago that detailed exactly why she should be fired and indicted. No, she violated every principle of education and abused her power.

She'll get jail time if convicted, which is highly likely.

Probably not. The outrage over her actions by the admin and the School of Journalism (who's students she threatened) is very high. The former dean of the School and now a Professor Emeritus, wrote a particularly scathing op ed a few weeks ago that detailed exactly why she should be fired and indicted. No, she violated every principle of education and abused her power.

In your opinion only. She will get deferred adjudication, of course. She will have plenty of folks coming to her defense.

I really don't know if she should be jailed. Some of you need to take it down a notch because she actually didn't break any laws. She might have behaved badly but she didn't break any laws and, quite frankly, political retaliations is an awful thing. If we actually retaliated against anyone who we didn't agree with then no one would feel safe to have a political opinion in this country.

I really don't know if she should be jailed. Some of you need to take it down a notch because she actually didn't break any laws. She might have behaved badly but she didn't break any laws and, quite frankly, political retaliations is an awful thing. If we actually retaliated against anyone who we didn't agree with then no one would feel safe to have a political opinion in this country.
She disrupted the peace, and impeded another person against his will without cause. Yeah, she broke the law.

In your opinion only. She will get deferred adjudication, of course. She will have plenty of folks coming to her defense.

Probably not. Maybe a few of her students, but the faculty and staff are disgusted by her criminal actions. No, I would bet a fairly large sum of money that she will go to jail for a few days. An example must be made and her actions make her the best candidate by far. Even if she got the max it's only two weeks in the gray bar Hilton.

Probably not. Maybe a few of her students, but the faculty and staff are disgusted by her criminal actions. No, I would bet a fairly large sum of money that she will go to jail for a few days. An example must be made and her actions make her the best candidate by far. Even if she got the max it's only two weeks in the gray bar Hilton.
Perhaps she will get a suspended sentence. Who knows? It is best she go find another job.

NO. The appropriate sanction for her is she is barred from working in the Missouri university system and she should also be barred from holding ANY teaching credential in the State...

Perhaps she will get a suspended sentence. Who knows? It is best she go find another job.
"It is best she go find another job"
Good luck with that......Hopefully her credentials that allow her to be an educator will be stripped.

I highly doubt that. Courts take a very dim view of people violating their ethics and abusing their power. When a doctor abuses a patient for instance, they are universally sentenced more harshly for using their credentials in a way that brings infamy on their profession. Other DOCTORS demand it. Just like other faculty members will demand she go to jail.

She's an embarrassment to herself, and she embarrassed her university.

the woman has clearly been a dick and has recieved her comeuppance for it, but some of the vitreol on this thread is a bit silly and I can't help but think it's less to do with her crime and more to do with her political leanings.

the woman has clearly been a dick and has recieved her comeuppance for it, but some of the vitreol on this thread is a bit silly and I can't help but think it's less to do with her crime and more to do with her political leanings.

No, it has to do with the fact that she threatened violence on UNIVERSITY STUDENTS you moron.

Probably not. The outrage over her actions by the admin and the School of Journalism (who's students she threatened) is very high.

But I thought liberals ran the schools so she would be safe. Dont tell me thats another lie told by cons! Oh noes

No, it has to do with the fact that she threatened violence on UNIVERSITY STUDENTS you moron.

Considering the front runner for the republican candidacy threatened violence to someone who was protesting from the lectern at his rally without the same level of approbrium then I stand by my original statement.

You'll find the same bunch who disagree with this woman will go into the Trump thread and reverse opinions saying that people deserve to be pushed around sometime

Who pulled your toe? :lol: The courts are dealing with it, and no way will the judgement be as harsh as you think it should be.

Forum List

Back