Mitch McConnell on January 6th: 'It will be interesting to reveal all the participants that were involved'

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US

I think trump better back off of his attacks on Mitch. Mitch is getting the message and is now apparently throwing his support behind the House select committee investigation. This has been a very bad day for Donnie.

I think trump better back off of his attacks on Mitch. Mitch is getting the message and is now apparently throwing his support behind the House select committee investigation. This has been a very bad day for Donnie.
I have not been a fan for the last 6 or 7 years, but on these comments, I say GO Mitch!

JimH52
Would be nice to find out who the people were that the Capital Police let in and welcomed. Also nice to know who the Camera people were. Kinda nice to find out about Epps and Sullivan as well.

Of course this circle jerk of a 1/6 investigation won't be looking into that. They will try to link Trump to 1/6 as instigator of coup to overthrow the Government.

Of course they completely ignore the FBI's investigation which found no plans by anyone on that date to do anything.

Circle jerk and a waste of time and tax dollars. You bet.

Best thing for Mitch is for Trump to goto Jail....

Trump becomes a martyr and also out of the loop at the same time... Mitch gets the support without the headaches... He can then go back to enriching his buddies like he has been doing for decades...

Best thing for Mitch is for Trump to goto Jail....

Trump becomes a martyr and also out of the loop at the same time... Mitch gets the support without the headaches... He can then go back to enriching his buddies like he has been doing for decades...
Mitch doesn't need trump to go to jail.... He just needs him neutered... Which can be done by one or both houses? of Congress, a charge of basically being seditious, which prevents Trump from running or holding, any govt office again....

I would love to see a battle between Mitch and Trump and the Senate Rs vs the House Rs, to expose the slow motion coup de'tat that is still going on and metastasized in to all R state govts with the BIG LIE bull crap....

Obviously, Mitch let Trump know.... By sending the message of, "I ain't going down, without a fight Benedict Donald!" to back off!

Jan 6th committee should be renamed.

”Political Witch Hunt because we are scared of Trump winning in 2024 committee”

I would love to see a battle between Mitch and Trump and the Senate Rs vs the House Rs, to expose the slow motion coup de'tat that is still going on and metastasized in to all R state govts with the BIG LIE bull crap....

Obviously, Mitch let Trump know.... By sending the message of, "I ain't going down, without a fight Benedict Donald!" to back off!
We both have different views of Benedict Arnold. You are the Tories of this era. You side with huge, cumbersome, rights removing government for more pieces of silver.

Now you're cheerleading for the corrupt bitter old woman, McTurtle?!?

Wow, you have to be the biggest political whore on the planet!

Any port in a storm, I guess.....lmao.

Mitch doesn't need trump to go to jail.... He just needs him neutered... Which can be done by one or both houses? of Congress, a charge of basically being seditious, which prevents Trump from running or holding, any govt office again....
trump is becoming not only a cancer on the country....but a cancer on the repub party.

trump is becoming not only a cancer on the country....but a cancer on the repub party.
McConnell appears to draw his line on partisanship on stealing elections by attacking congress literally and sacking the capitol, but he, Cheney and probably most gop senators realize they have better prospects in 24 with a new candidate for potus.

Mitch means Nancy, Epps, Wray & Company

This is McConnell playing the long game post-Trump…
Yeah, I've been wondering about this.

It's possible he sees this as his last chance to rid the party of Trumpism, even if there is short term pain.

Think of his tactics what we may, he's a pretty smart cookie. He may just get out of the way.

Yeah, I've been wondering about this.

It's possible he sees this as his last chance to rid the party of Trumpism, even if there is short term pain.

Think of his tactics what we may, he's a pretty smart cookie. He may just get out of the way.
What pain? They will take the House and maybe the senate in 22, and assuming Biden runs against someone not Trump, they should have both Houses of Congress and the WH for at least 2 years. After which he retires to enjoy the millions he's corruptly accumulated. LOL

What pain? They will take the House and maybe the senate in 22, and assuming Biden runs against someone not Trump, they should have both Houses of Congress and the WH for at least 2 years. After which he retires to enjoy the millions he's corruptly accumulated. LOL
Well, it's just theoretical. IF it turns out that laws were broken regarding Jan 6, and IF Trump were directly implicated, and IF the party looks like shit for it, then MAYBE it will be hurt in 2022. So it's a long distance between here and there.

My point is that, again theoretically, McConnell might calculate that getting out of the way and letting the chips fall might be worth it, for the long term health of the party. Not to mention the country, but that's not as high a priority for him.

Well, it's just theoretical. IF it turns out that laws were broken regarding Jan 6, and IF Trump were directly implicated, and IF the party looks like shit for it, then MAYBE it will be hurt in 2022. So it's a long distance between here and there.

My point is that, again theoretically, McConnell might calculate that getting out of the way and letting the chips fall might be worth it, for the long term health of the party. Not to mention the country, but that's not as high a priority for him.
But if Trump in not the nominee, Biden is this issue. Unless the econ does a backflip. Overturning Roe may not be enough

Until tomorrow....

But if Trump in not the nominee, Biden is this issue. Unless the econ does a backflip. Overturning Roe may not be enough
Biden likely won't run. He indicated such before the election, that he was there to get rid of Trump, he was what was needed for that quest..... he implied he was a one termer. Now granted, who thought the loser would still be around like he is....? But Biden running again, won't fix that....democrats need someone new....maybe a governor, to get behind?

Forum List

Back