Mitch McConnell: We must cut Medicaid, Medicare, and Social Security to reduce the deficit

Do you support cutting Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security?

• Total voters
lots of old people , foreigners quite often get something called 'ssi' [think it is] and many are imported old people that never worked in the USA Camp .
SSI is for disabled people.
---------------------------------- might be DISABLED but my point is that they are FOREIGNERS that never worked in the USA Camp .

Addressing logic here.

Being disabled does not mean someone has never worked in the USA.

My sister (born a US Citizen) worked until her late 40's before becoming disabled (total renal failure leading to blindness, heart disease, and diabetes). The point being that just because someone is disabled later in life does not mean they never worked.

.>>>>

lots of old people , foreigners quite often get something called 'ssi' [think it is] and many are imported old people that never worked in the USA Camp .
---------------------------------- might be DISABLED but my point is that they are FOREIGNERS that never worked in the USA Camp .
I am not familiar with your allegations or whar it has to do with reducing SS and Medicare. Are you suggesting SSI funds come from SS or Medicare ?

Medicare will become bankrupt in 2026 unless its fixed. The "no action" option is not an option.
https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RS20946.pdf

Social Security will cut benefits in 2034 unless its fixed. The "no action" option is viable if paying 79% of benefits is acceptable.
Social Security must reduce benefits in 2034 if reforms aren't made - CNNPolitics

Medicaid and welfare need to be eliminated, let the states fund those "charity" programs.
Social Security and Medicare can be easily fixed but Heller represents the "greedy" rich.

Point being that any proposed "fix" will start the Left screaming about "cuts" to entitlements. They need to be fixed, what fixes does the Left support?

I am not familiar with your allegations or whar it has to do with reducing SS and Medicare. Are you suggesting SSI funds come from SS or Medicare ?
--------------------------------------- don't really know , i just know that foreigners that never worked in the USA collect money from somewhere Camp . [some kind of USA Gov / taxpayer funded assistance Camp]

If Nevada Sen. Dean Heller is re-elected he could be the deciding vote to reduce or even kill Medicare and other benefits that help senior citizens and veterans. Heller is in favor of more tax cuts for rhe wealthiest Americans and paying for them by taking away important benefits to veterans and seniors. He may very well be the deciding vote.

Republicans are going to take away your Social Security and Medicare :aargh::aargh::aargh: you know Dem's are desperate when they go back to this talking point.:auiqs.jpg:

Medicare will become bankrupt in 2026 unless its fixed. The "no action" option is not an option.

Social Security will cut benefits in 2034 unless its fixed. The "no action" option is viable if paying 79% of benefits is acceptable.
Social Security must reduce benefits in 2034 if reforms aren't made - CNNPolitics

Medicaid and welfare need to be eliminated, let the states fund those "charity" programs.
Social Security and Medicare can be easily fixed but Heller represents the "greedy" rich.

Point being that any proposed "fix" will start the Left screaming about "cuts" to entitlements. They need to be fixed, what fixes does the Left support?

Fix #1 would be for Republicans to quit lying about tax cuts paying for themselves, while passing them anyway.

#2 would be to raise the ceiling on which SS and Medicare taxes are paid.

If Nevada Sen. Dean Heller is re-elected he could be the deciding vote to reduce or even kill Medicare and other benefits that help senior citizens and veterans. Heller is in favor of more tax cuts for rhe wealthiest Americans and paying for them by taking away important benefits to veterans and seniors. He may very well be the deciding vote.
:CryingCow:

Na, not really

In 2015 Heller voted for rhe Ryan budget to slice $140 Billion from future Medicare budgets. He has already shown his cards on the issue. He has already voted to reduce rhe budget.
"Future", key word. No cuts for those currently on it.

Du-uh! The average FOX viewer is on Social Security.
Wow, that's a lot of insight. Idiot.

Well, Heller is hardly going to promise to cut spending for his base, is he? All pain is deferred to the future. What a bunch of pandering bullshit.

and all the SSI , SSDI , and other programs are a different language and thats probably by design Camp .

--------------------------------------- don't really know , i just know that foreigners that never worked in the USA collect money from somewhere Camp . [some kind of USA Gov / taxpayer funded assistance Camp]
I do not know where they may collect funds from, but I do not believe rhe funds come from Social Security and Medicare.

I'm not a member of the left, but a quick search shows:

1. Increase the current earned income cap from $127,000 to $400,000. (SS taxes are not paid on income over $127,000.)

2. Increase the payroll tax on all workers from 12.4% to 14.8% incrementally between 2019-2042. Since taxes are split between employee and employer (each paying 1/2 the tax) the individual would see only a 1.2% increase in the taxes on their individual income over the 13 year period.

Democrats Just Reintroduced a Social Security Reform Bill With a Lot of Support -- but There's a Catch -- The Motley Fool

.>>>>

Fix #1 would be for Republicans to quit lying about tax cuts paying for themselves, while passing them anyway.

#2 would be to raise the ceiling on which SS and Medicare taxes are paid.

These are the recommended fixes to SS per the AARP, you have any issues with these if Mitch sends them up?
Updating Social Security for the 21st Century: 12 Proposals You Should...

These are the recommended fixes to Medicare per the AARP, you have any issues with these if Mitch sends them up?
https://www.aarp.org/content/dam/aa...d-medicaid/2012-05/The-Future-Of-Medicare.pdf

Not true. Means testing is supported by the left.

Congress stole our money and spent it, they gave us worthless IOU's the can't pay. Here's what's going to happen, they will raise the retirement age so most people die before they can collect a dime, 70 year olds will be struggling to work a job on factory floors as their bodies break down. Means testing will be next, even though we were forced to pay into these government programs for decades they will cut or eliminate our benefits.

I'm not a member of the left, but a quick search shows:

1. Increase the current earned income cap from $127,000 to $400,000. (SS taxes are not paid on income over $127,000.)

2. Increase the payroll tax on all workers from 12.4% to 14.8% incrementally between 2019-2042. Since taxes are split between employee and employer (each paying 1/2 the tax) the individual would see only a 1.2% increase in the taxes on their individual income over the 13 year period.

Democrats Just Reintroduced a Social Security Reform Bill With a Lot of Support -- but There's a Catch -- The Motley Fool

.>>>>
I'm fine with the democrats fix for SS. It penalizes the top earners, and gives more benefits to the bottom end, but it doesn't seem too harsh.

This is absolute crap! The senator has never, ever said anything to corroborate this. Rosen is desperate and is slinging all the slime she can think of - true or not.
Ya, Heller will go against Republican efforts to cut Medicare and Medicaid. He will stand alone against all the Republicans calling for reductions in Medicare and Medicaid benefits. Sure he will.
You idiots do this every election. Nothing but scare propaganda. The American people aren't going to fall for this again.
We didn't say it, Mitch did.

Mitch McConnell says it out loud: Republicans are gunning for Social Security, Medicare and Obamacare next

Who's the idiot here?

Pretty sure it's not us, dumbass.

What politician would consider alienating over 40 million voters? What party would even entertain such an idea. That is a reach even for the "The Sky is falling" crowd.

These are the recommended fixes to SS per the AARP, you have any issues with these if Mitch sends them up?
Updating Social Security for the 21st Century: 12 Proposals You Should...

These are the recommended fixes to Medicare per the AARP, you have any issues with these if Mitch sends them up?
https://www.aarp.org/content/dam/aa...d-medicaid/2012-05/The-Future-Of-Medicare.pdf

Just a quick look so far, I'll read them in more detail in a minuted...

However you characterise them as AARP "recommended" which isn't true. They article you link (at least for SS) is information on proposals - not AARP recommendations.

Be back in a little bit.

.>>>>

Forum List

Back