MJ vs LBJ lol

The biggest problem is not that LBJ is an actor. The problem is that the media and the Nba supports his behaviour

hard to believe there are so many people out there that like this crybaby clown.

he would fit right in with the cheatriots who go and whine to the refs to get their way all the time to win big games in the playoffs to get to the superbowl.. should have played for them instead of a class organization like the Lakers always were for decades till they signed him :auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:
labronqueenjames.jpg

I'd take....

Kobe
Tim Duncan

Over lecrybaby any day

Kobe is definitely up there and is comparable to MJ in terms of his killer instinct, but he you have to be careful about comparing Lebron to MJ/Kobe. James is probably the more versatile of any of the players that has been mentioned in this thread. MJ and Kobe could not play power forward, but James could bring the ball up the court. Some of the teams that James took deep into the playoffs were not that good.

I'd pick MJ over Lebron just because I watched so many games when Jordan would just literally take the game over. He'd just make big play after big play. His favorite shot was driving inside or creating a 10-15 jumper off the dribble but would light it up from the arc when he needed to. Not known as a great defender coming into the league, but turned into a very rugged defensive player late in his career and pick pocketed teams in critical situations, none more famously than when he stole the ball from Karl Malone to score the penultimate shot that set up the dramatic win in game 6 of the 1998 series against Utah.

To be fair, though, James has had great games and playoff series, and I think some of his best performances were when he was more of a facilitator and scorer. That's James at his best: rebounding, shot-blocking, driving, shooting the three, and then dishing it to his teammates to get them involved. Due to age and wear-and-tear, I think he's just less able to do that now. He's 38 in a young man's game, but more importantly, he's been playing professional ball, with all those minutes running up and down the court for almost 20 years. Catches up to athletes eventually.

Kobe is definitely up there and is comparable to MJ in terms of his killer instinct, but he you have to be careful about comparing Lebron to MJ/Kobe. James is probably the more versatile of any of the players that has been mentioned in this thread. MJ and Kobe could not play power forward, but James could bring the ball up the court. Some of the teams that James took deep into the playoffs were not that good.

I'd pick MJ over Lebron just because I watched so many games when Jordan would just literally take the game over. He'd just make big play after big play. His favorite shot was driving inside or creating a 10-15 jumper off the dribble but would light it up from the arc when he needed to. Not known as a great defender coming into the league, but turned into a very rugged defensive player late in his career and pick pocketed teams in critical situations, none more famously than when he stole the ball from Karl Malone to score the penultimate shot that set up the dramatic win in game 6 of the 1998 series against Utah.

To be fair, though, James has had great games and playoff series, and I think some of his best performances were when he was more of a facilitator and scorer. That's James at his best: rebounding, shot-blocking, driving, shooting the three, and then dishing it to his teammates to get them involved. Due to age and wear-and-tear, I think he's just less able to do that now. He's 38 in a young man's game, but more importantly, he's been playing professional ball, with all those minutes running up and down the court for almost 20 years. Catches up to athletes eventually.

I'm sure LB had very memorable games he played out of his mind, but the failures are mindblowing; esp. when he's running away from the ball early in his career due to bad FT %! That was one way to beat the guy; allow him to choke at the "free throw" line! Choke-a-rooney! :rolleyes: :omg::):heehee:

I'm sure LB had very memorable games he played out of his mind, but the failures are mindblowing; esp. when he's running away from the ball early in his career due to bad FT %! That was one way to beat the guy; allow him to choke at the "free throw" line! Choke-a-rooney! :rolleyes: :omg::):heehee:

MJ, Kobe, Bird, and probably a few others were arguably better offensive players in crunch time, but James' all-around game is still pretty damn good.

Indeed.lol

Forum List

Back