MLK day is soon. Why not a day for Thomas Edison or Steven Jobs?

I'd like to see a day for Newton, Kepler, Louis Pasteur, Galileo, Charles Darwin!!!,

Some good choices there though i'm talking about americans. Kepler and darwin didn't really do a whole lot. Newton was the greatest man that ever lived.

Kepler and Darwin didn't really do a whole lot? WTF? We have to agree to disagree.
Shit shooter is really into biology and natural sciences, he's like a phd...Which means puzzy hound dawg....
It looks like a low IQ precludes any possibility of an advanced degree of any kind.

MLK is a great American patriot well deserving a holiday

We have entirely too many "National Day of [Whatever] Days."

I have to say that MLK did make a positive contribution. I can't say the same for Jesse Jackson or that other pompous dude up in New York - can't think of his name off the top of my head. They're just rabble rousers always trying to stir the pot.

Unfortunately, a couple generations later, the true message of MLK has been lost on many of the very people it was meant to uplift. I can't claim I know the "black experience," but I can certainly empathize given my childhood experience. You can either sit, sulk and do nothing ... or you can dig in your "rebellious" heels and say to youself: "I'm not a useless, stupid, good-for-nothing nobody ... I will show the world that I am a good person, I am smart, I can succeed ... and, by God, I will!!!" It's just that damned easy. It's called personal responsibility. You may never be "rich as Rockefeller" as the saying goes, but being rich doesn't necessarily buy you self-pride, a good reputation, happiness or anything else.

BS - if you have to lower standards to allow someone in college, it's 99% certain you had to lower standards to keep them there. Ben is a fraud and ALL his degrees are honorary.
First I heard anyone claim that.
I think you are kidding yourself.

Well then you're stupid, since it's an obvious truism. If you lower standards to get them in, you have to lower standards to keep them there.

MLK didn't do anything. Just a politician and white-hating racist. We need to honor people that actually do things to help america. Like businessmen and scientists and engineers. Thomas Watson who founded IBM is another great choice. Also Henry Ford. Maybe sam colt or bill ruger.

Honoring mlk is the dumbest thing i ever heard of.
Me and the family celebrate Confederate Memorial Day. :) Gonna take some small Confederate flags to the cemetery,stick my flag on the house,blast Dixie and I'm a good ole rebel on the radio!

What did he do?. Making a lot of anti-white speeches is NOT an accomplishment, you fool.
What did he do?
He freed Americans who were being given second class citizenship. All without firing a shot
A great American Patriot

You mean he got more special treatment affirmative action for blacks. You loony libs call expecting blacks to compete on a level playing field "second class citizenship"!!! Americans are sick of your conspiracy theories about how whites are holding down blacks.

Me and the family celebrate Confederate Memorial Day. :) Gonna take some small Confederate flags to the cemetery,stick my flag on the house,blast Dixie and I'm a good ole rebel on the radio!

I celebrate it too. The johnny rebs had every right to secede just like the original 13 colonies seceded from england.

There have been many blacks who have made great contributions to society. There are others who would rather ignore and/or deny those accomplishments. How about George Washington Carver? Booker T. Washington? A (perhaps lesser known) Maggie L. Walker - first black founder and president of a bank? The bank still exists in Richmond, VA and also the Maggie L. Walker High School. The high school was an all-black school back in my day, but I think today it is a school for high achievers, as is my old high school. I'm rather a fan of the economist Thomas Sowell. But there are always the detractors - the people who make their assessments based solely on the color of one's skin or their ethnicity or whatever.

I think we need a "Native American Day" holiday.
For everyone who was born in the United States ?
Protectionist, I've never liked the term "Native American," as it describes anyone who was born here. Even the term "Indigenous Peoples," describes someone born here. However, it is currently being used to describe people who came across the Bering Strait and settled here before the Europeans. Calling it a:
Lakota, Cree, Ojibwa, Paiute, et cetera, et cetera Day would be absurdly long and cumbersome. Having a bit of Chippewa (Ojibwa peoples, Otter Clan) in me, I'll settle for Native American Day until something more accurate comes along.

I think we need a "Native American Day" holiday.

No - but injuns should have a "Thank Whitey Day". Without us giving them welfare and affirmative action they'd have to go back to eating bugs and living in caves and dying at 32.
ShootSpeeders, Having a bit of Chippewa (Ojibwa peoples, Otter Clan), and having relatives still there, I can say that those ancestors of mine ate: fish, deer, made batter out of cattail root and consumed other other plants, and....they did NOT live in caves, also, many lived to ripe old age. You sir are just a racist bastard.

What did he do?. Making a lot of anti-white speeches is NOT an accomplishment, you fool.
What did he do?
He freed Americans who were being given second class citizenship. All without firing a shot
A great American Patriot

You mean he got more special treatment affirmative action for blacks. You loony libs call expecting blacks to compete on a level playing field "second class citizenship"!!! Americans are sick of your conspiracy theories about how whites are holding down blacks.
Yup

Special treatment like the right to vote , right to be treated like an equal citizen.

What did he do?
A great American Patriot

Yup

Special treatment like the right to vote , right to be treated like an equal citizen.
******* aren't equal. There is a food chain and ******* are the lowest end of the "human" scale...hell they are damn near retrograde species of human..closer to apes than humans.

Forum List

Back