Mom with cancer: "I Want to Apologize to Obama"

'Obamacare' to the rescue
A woman who felt President Obama had let the middle class down has changed her mind.

Fortunately for me, I've been saved by the federal government's Pre-existing Condition Insurance Plan, something I had never heard of before needing it. It's part of President Obama's healthcare plan, one of the things that has already kicked in, and it guarantees access to insurance for U.S. citizens with preexisting conditions who have been uninsured for at least six months. The application was short, the premiums are affordable, and I have found the people who work in the administration office to be quite compassionate (nothing like the people I have dealt with over the years at other insurance companies.) It's not perfect, of course, and it still leaves many people in need out in the cold. But it's a start, and for me it's been a lifesaver — perhaps literally.

Which brings me to my apology. I was pretty mad at Obama before I learned about this new insurance plan. I had changed my registration from Democrat to Independent, and I had blacked out the top of the "h" on my Obama bumper sticker, so that it read, "Got nope" instead of "got hope." I felt like he had let down the struggling middle class. My son and I had campaigned for him, but since he took office, we felt he had let us down.

So this is my public apology. I'm sorry I didn't do enough of my own research to find out what promises the president has made good on. I'm sorry I didn't realize that he really has stood up for me and my family, and for so many others like us. I'm getting a new bumper sticker to cover the one that says "Got nope." It will say "ObamaCares."

I work at one branch of a company that has 2.5 billion in revenues world wide. They recently brought us into the Town Hall and told us our insurance was going to change because of the New Health Care bill. One person asked by how much? HR said there is a $250,000.00 increase. Another said "This company has to pay $250,000.00 more. HR said , "Not just this company, but the entire world wide corporation". Spread over an organization this big, it's not much. Then they asked everyone who wants to keep their kid on their insurance up until 26, stay. About half did.

I wrote this before and right wingers screamed liar. See, they've been so brainwashed, they insist it must cost more. It just must. It has to be. Newt and Michelle told them it cost a lot more. In fact, all their leadership said it cost a lot more. They would never lie.

People have lived with or died from cancer as well as crossing the street for hundreds of years.

Praise the lord above for Obamas graciousness. Forever more this day shall be known as Obama Suck Ass Day!

Comical

Do you understand, people who had pre existing conditions could NOT GET INSURANCE before this was passed.

I hope to god no one in your family had to deal with this in the past.

Do you understand I don't give a fuck about some bullshit news story from hometown x?

Seriously, not two damn cents. I've had several in my family live and die with cancer, among other diseases. Forcing insurance companies to cover high end care will serve no purpose other than to bankrupt them out of business. Taking us 1 step closer to govt care and ending healthcare as we know it. I'm not a fan of rationed care that someone other than my doctor decides what's best for me. This lady got something for nothing and she's grateful. Wow, what a headline.

You give enough of a fuck to have made at least 3 posts in this thread, and if you're reading this..... :D

I work at one branch of a company that has 2.5 billion in revenues world wide. They recently brought us into the Town Hall and told us our insurance was going to change because of the New Health Care bill. One person asked by how much? HR said there is a $250,000.00 increase. Another said "This company has to pay $250,000.00 more. HR said , "Not just this company, but the entire world wide corporation". Spread over an organization this big, it's not much. Then they asked everyone who wants to keep their kid on their insurance up until 26, stay. About half did.

I wrote this before and right wingers screamed liar. See, they've been so brainwashed, they insist it must cost more. It just must. It has to be. Newt and Michelle told them it cost a lot more. In fact, all their leadership said it cost a lot more. They would never lie.

What will it cost you if your company decides to fire you & send your job over seas because of this plan?

It's worse then that.

Medicaid Cuts Killing Ariz. Transplant Patients - CBS News

Jan Brewer actually cut funding for 2 people..and caused their deaths.

Alan Grayson was right.

Democrat Alan Grayson Claims "Republicans Want You To Die" (Longer Version) - YouTube
Bull!!!

The article is in the post, chief.

You guys want people to die. You guys cheer executions, want to torture people and attack countries that didn't attack us. Simple as that.

Such a tiny mind.

I do for slackers but not for people who don't pay their premium. I like the Republican version where an insurance company cant kick you out if you stay current. I also like the HSA plans.

If managing health care costs MUST remain with private bureaucracies alone for the young and healthy, it's time to demand the untying of health insurance to employment and competition across state lines.

Absolutely! - Employers should not be making your healthcare choices for you & that was in the Republican plan. Racketeering was legal for insurance companies. Republicans wanted to close that loophole & allow free market competition across state lines.

Currently? That sounds like republican thinking circa Y2K... Do you have a link, by chance?

I do for slackers but not for people who don't pay their premium. I like the Republican version where an insurance company cant kick you out if you stay current. I also like the HSA plans.

If managing health care costs MUST remain with private bureaucracies alone for the young and healthy, it's time to demand the untying of health insurance to employment and competition across state lines.

Careful, Joe. You're sounding more and more like a Republican.

It's not like I'm a democrat... I don't give a fuck where a decent idea comes from.

Its all about results not politics, eh?

Fuck it, I am done paying for insurance. I am going to spend that money on something I can enjoy. :cheers2: If I get sick:puke:then you guys get to pay.:woohoo:

I'll bet you $1.00 that you're too fearful of the future to actually DO that!

Make that bet a $1,000 & see if I don't take it.

If I make it $1,000 the point is moot - you're fucking the future and doing it for the short-term profits. :eusa_hand: Way too predictable.

Fuck it, I am done paying for insurance. I am going to spend that money on something I can enjoy. :cheers2: If I get sick:puke:then you guys get to pay.:woohoo:

You better hurry. Under Obamacare, you'll be required to get insurance.

You know that, right?

I appreciate your making this statement.

That way we on the right can get pissed at GOP senators and house members as well as the morons who put GWB in office....and have for so many years given in to the liberal agenda.

I don't blame the left for the fact that our federal government is now intruding in my life to this extent (and it wasn't like I appreciated other things they were doing before).

I blame the right.

They simply have not been diligent enough.

'Obamacare' to the rescue
A woman who felt President Obama had let the middle class down has changed her mind.

Fortunately for me, I've been saved by the federal government's Pre-existing Condition Insurance Plan, something I had never heard of before needing it. It's part of President Obama's healthcare plan, one of the things that has already kicked in, and it guarantees access to insurance for U.S. citizens with preexisting conditions who have been uninsured for at least six months. The application was short, the premiums are affordable, and I have found the people who work in the administration office to be quite compassionate (nothing like the people I have dealt with over the years at other insurance companies.) It's not perfect, of course, and it still leaves many people in need out in the cold. But it's a start, and for me it's been a lifesaver — perhaps literally.

Which brings me to my apology. I was pretty mad at Obama before I learned about this new insurance plan. I had changed my registration from Democrat to Independent, and I had blacked out the top of the "h" on my Obama bumper sticker, so that it read, "Got nope" instead of "got hope." I felt like he had let down the struggling middle class. My son and I had campaigned for him, but since he took office, we felt he had let us down.

So this is my public apology. I'm sorry I didn't do enough of my own research to find out what promises the president has made good on. I'm sorry I didn't realize that he really has stood up for me and my family, and for so many others like us. I'm getting a new bumper sticker to cover the one that says "Got nope." It will say "ObamaCares."
ObamaCare doesn't get implemented until 2014.

Another bullshit, planted story.

From the comments section of the story:
Nice try LA Times.The federally-funded program is called the California Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan (PCIP). The PCIP offers health coverage to medically-uninsurable individuals who live in California.
The program will last until December 31, 2013 when the national health reform is set to begin.

http://www.pcip.ca.gov/Home/default.aspx
Nothing to do with The Affordibale Healthcare Act("Obamacare") I'm glad she got help, but come on.
You Liberals are so easily fooled.

Last edited:

Absolutely! - Employers should not be making your healthcare choices for you & that was in the Republican plan. Racketeering was legal for insurance companies. Republicans wanted to close that loophole & allow free market competition across state lines.

Currently? That sounds like republican thinking circa Y2K... Do you have a link, by chance?

Have been to busy to research what party or plan wanted to repeal this McCarran–Ferguson Act of 1945. This act allows insurance companies to form monopolies, price fix & engage in racketeering. It also allows multi-national insurance companies like AIG to operate far outside the boundaries of federal securities law. States' limited jurisdiction make it difficult effectively regulate an international insurance company. With states and the federal government limited in their ability to regulate them, there is nobody to stop big insurance.

Access to care is important and a quality of life indicator. I think the mighty USA should strive to maintain the benchmark as opposed to pretending there isn't a problem.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back