Monarch Butterflies Have Officially Become An Endangered Species

There was a group that planted milkweed along the Sacramento River. I live next to the river. However, they are upgrading the levee and the public isn't allowed, so I haven't seen any. I haven't seen any in the neighborhoods. Maybe I'll get some potted milkweed and leave it out.

OP's report reifies monarch, when the overall extinction pathology has to do with hundreds more moths and butterflies that have disappeared. Homo sapiens is directly responsible: a place for its ass automatically deletes a place for the butterflies's ass. Butterfly houses are not the answer. Neither is petroleum addiction.

I barely see them around here myself.

I dont know where you live but at our weekend place in Junction Texas they came through every year on their way to mexico.
They'd cover the huge pecans and oaks like they were leaves on the trees. Not even kidding,the trees were absolutely covered in them.

We find buckeyes on the beach here in Texas all the time.

Really?? I LOVE buckeyes!!! :biggrin:

Buckeyes-recipe-1.jpg

Thought they just had a banner year
I seem to remember that also.
Just recently as a matter of fact...

Even back in 2006

Really makes one question the shit we are fed.

Keep putting roundup in our food supply. That stuff should be banned. I condone every last lawsuit against the manufacturer.

I seem to remember that also.
Just recently as a matter of fact...

Even back in 2006

Really makes one question the shit we are fed.
Not surprised that badger's home town (Toledo Blade) has a paywall in place to coerce the prisoners into seeing a monarch report.

First the bees and then the butterflies. Our pollination team is really hurting. :(

Well, we're killing things off that are essential to the ecosystem. Humans without an ecosystem are probably dead humans.

Forum List

Back