Monday, The Biden Administration Approves the needed Conoco Phillips Willow Project Alasaka

White 6

Diamond Member
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 10, 2019
In a excellent move, for Alaska, the Alaskan people, and necessary oil production in America, Joe Biden today signed approval on the Willow project in the National Petroleum Reserve on the North slopes of Alaska. This is a great move, and ConocoPhillips Alaska’s Willow project could produce up to 180,000 barrels of oil a day, create up to 2,500 jobs during construction and 300 long-term jobs, and generate billions of dollars in royalties and tax revenues for the federal, state and local governments, the company says.

Looks like the Biden administration is not the enemy of big oil, the Republican Right wing feared and make him out to be. This is especially true when looking at the growth of production and new drilling, since his administration began.

I care about the environment, but I applaud this move. Good job, Joe.

In a excellent move, for Alaska, the Alaskan people, and necessary oil production in America, Joe Biden today signed approval on the Willow project in the National Petroleum Reserve on the North slopes of Alaska. This is a great move, and ConocoPhillips Alaska’s Willow project could produce up to 180,000 barrels of oil a day, create up to 2,500 jobs during construction and 300 long-term jobs, and generate billions of dollars in royalties and tax revenues for the federal, state and local governments, the company says.

Looks like the Biden administration is not the enemy of big oil, the Republican Right wing feared and make him out to be. This is especially true when looking at the growth of production and new drilling, since his administration began.

I care about the environment, but I applaud this move. Good job, Joe.
I thought Joe declared himself the enemy of big oil in one of his early babbles.
Gas is still priced very high for all this "growth" of production.

I thought Joe declared himself the enemy of big oil in one of his early babbles.

Gas prices are still high because global oil prices are still high. Global oil prices are still high because North America is the only oil producing region in the world that is back close to their 2019 production numbers after the great shutdown due to COVID.

Oil is and always will be a global commodity.

If he really did do that, the price of oil will plummet and I will applaude him for it.

Lots of profit taking on lower production after the crash, during the Trump administration. Producers had no impetus to drastically increase product at higher costs to lower profits and prices at the pump. What we might like, it what we might like, but business is business. The oil industry is riding high on record-breaking profits without having to spend more to create abundance, at higher expense on lower return on investment.

Looks like the Biden administration is not the enemy of big oil, the Republican Right wing feared and make him out to be.
He did more damage by shutting down progress on XL than the potential benefits this plan might bring. All this "looks like" to me is that the senile old fool actually plans to run again. At least it will be entertaining to see how the DNC stops him.

Lots of profit taking on lower production after the crash, during the Trump administration. Producers had no impetus to drastically increase product at higher costs to lower profits and prices at the pump. What we might like, it what we might like, but business is business. The oil industry is riding high on record-breaking profits without having to spend more to create abundance, at higher expense on lower return on investment.
And Joe is selling our emergency reserves to other countries.
Again, Joe told the oil industry he was shutting them down so they did what they needed to do. Nothing Biden does is done to benefit Americans.

He did more damage by shutting down progress on XL than the potential benefits this plan might bring. All this "looks like" to me is that the senile old fool actually plans to run again. At least it will be entertaining to see how the DNC stops him.
I disagree and so does the oil industry, the people of Alaska, the Governor of Alaska, US Representatives and Senators from the state of Alaska, and of course, Conoco Phillips.
I guess they didn't know you were against oil exploration and production in the US. Go figure.:dunno:

And Joe is selling our emergency reserves to other countries.
Again, Joe told the oil industry he was shutting them down so they did what they needed to do. Nothing Biden does is done to benefit Americans.
Got it. Put you down for not producing to refill the reserves sold, to help get over the short term gap in US and world supplies caused by the shut-down during the Trump administration.
Are you Republican, possibly trump supporter, by any chance?

Got it. Put you down for not producing to refill the reserves sold, to help get over the short term gap in US and world supplies caused by the shut-down during the Trump administration.
Are you Republican, possibly trump supporter, by any chance?
The "shutdown" I believe was Democrat induced, was it not?
I am all for a full national reserve and our production being increased to lower US prices. If production is up so much, why are the prices still up also?
I am a conservative and support anyone who puts America first. You?

The "shutdown" I believe was Democrat induced, was it not?
I am all for a full national reserve and our production being increased to lower US prices. If production is up so much, why are the prices still up also?
I am a conservative and support anyone who puts America first. You?
Not that I am aware. There is this:

President Donald Trump on Monday released a series of coronavirus guidelines to slow the spread that calls for a lockdown of America, including the closing of restaurants and schools.

'Each and every one of us has a critical role to play in stopping the spread,' the president said in the White House briefing room.

And while his guidelines will be revisited after the initial 15 day proposal, the president warned the virus could affect American life well into the summer.

'People are talking about July, August, something like that,' Trump said. 'They could be right in that period of time where it washes through.'

The two-page list, called '15 Days to Slow the Spread,' advises avoiding 'eating or drinking in bars, restaurants, and food courts - use drive through, pickup, and delivery options.'

It also calls on governors that have states with 'evidence of community transmission' to close schools in the affected areas.' And it asks those states to address childcare issues as well as nutritional needs of children who use schools for their meals.

And this:

Looks like the Biden administration is not the enemy of big oil, the Republican Right wing feared and make him out to be.
Nope. He was just lying to get elected by the fringe environmentalists. Of course, what do you expect from a proven, habitual liar?

Yeah, he's awesome. He's allowing 3 of the 5 drill sites, and at the same time blocking 13 million acres of the National Petroleum Reserve and withdrawing 2.8 million from oil and gas leasing in the Arctic Ocean off the northern coast of Alaska.

Nope. He was just lying to get elected by the fringe environmentalists. Of course, what do you expect from a proven, habitual liar?
Oh! You believe everything politician say. How's that workin out for you?

I didnt imply that at all, obviously. I was just pointing out you voted for a habitual lying, pedo rican.
I voted for him, alright, and to get rid of Donny or keep him out would do it again. Like I have said on here, my two biggest griper are his Fking up the border, and that worthless VP he's got. Other than that, I am not unhappy.

I voted for him, alright, and to get rid of Donny or keep him out would do it again. Like I have said on here, my two biggest griper are his Fking up the border, and that worthless VP he's got. Other than that, I am not unhappy.
He is just a creepy lying conman. I mean, his own daughter blames him for her sex addiction because he sexualized her as a child. Thats fucked up.
Thats something I could never support. Or the way he gropes strangers kids. Thats really fucked up too.
I understand trump was god-awful, thats why I didnt vote for him.
But to vote for someone like Biden?

He is just a creepy lying conman. I mean, his own daughter blames him for her sex addiction because he sexualized her as a child. Thats fucked up.
Thats something I could never support. Or the way he gropes strangers kids. Thats really fucked up too.
I understand trump was god-awful, thats why I didnt vote for him.
But to vote for someone like Biden?
I don't think he's a child molester. If he were, I would still vote for the child molester over the man that would tear down the constitution and rule of law, in order to overturn and election decided in the polls, the state houses, and the courts, if the only two on the ballot.

I don't think he's a child molester. If he were, I would still vote for the child molester over the man that would tear down the constitution and rule of law, in order to overturn and election decided in the polls, the state houses, and the courts, if the only two on the ballot.
There is never only 2 on the ballot.
And he is. It isnt even a question of "if" its right there in his daughters diary.

Forum List

Back