Mo'ne Davis Asks Bloomsburg University To Reinstate Player Who Called Her A 'Slut'

tigerred59

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2015
First baseman Joey Casselberry was booted off the Bloomsburg University team after calling 13-year-old Little League phenom Mo'ne Davis a "slut" on Twitter, Associated Press reported.

And he will remain off the squad even though Davis wrote the school an email asking that he be reinstated, TMZ reported.

"Everyone makes mistakes and everyone deserves a second chance," she told ESPN in the interview above. But the school held firm, saying the player had violated policy.

Folks at some point, some people have got to let this racist hatred go and get on with living.....who in their right mind calls a 13 year old a slut and expect no one to get upset over it? (sigh)...some people!!

upload_2015-3-24_16-40-39.jpeg

• Banned
There are people that will claim this was not racist. We know better.
(smile)....uh, I can assure anyone within the sound of my voice, that if this kid was blonde blue eyed, there'd be no discussion on the subject.

upload_2015-3-24_16-56-57.jpeg

(smile)....uh, I can assure anyone within the sound of my voice, that if this kid was blonde blue eyed, there'd be no discussion on the subject.

View attachment 38447

If he called her a "slut" it would have made news regardless who she was. She was a sensation last year, and the 24/7 cable news industry need stories like this to keep the soap opera running.

It may however be a BIGGER story because she's black and because of people like you and Asselpe'er who will turn it into a story of race when it's not necessarily so in a factual sense.

View attachment 38447

This is the second thread on this at least, but if they're merged I hope your title prevails. The other one was race-baiting bullshit.

The university is really missing a huge opportunity here. The girl has offered forgiveness, the university could get them together in a press conference and really make a genuine story of healing here.
By just dumping the kid, he will now go off bitter believing that she is the reason for his firing.

The university is really missing a huge opportunity here. The girl has offered forgiveness, the university could get them together in a press conference and really make a genuine story of healing here.
By just dumping the kid, he will now go off bitter believing that she is the reason for his firing.
Such is the lot of losers. He believes his racist tweet had nothing to do with him getting booted? If so he is no loss at all.

They could, although blowing it up into a press conference would be self-serving. But if the victim of the slur was big enough to get over it, yes they could follow her classy example and forgive also. And it's early -- they still can.

It really isn't about the university getting an "opportunity". The opportunity belonged to Mo'ne, and she took the classiest option there is and taught everybody a valuable lesson. Anything after that is just going to be epilogue. You just can't "top" that.

Nobody but himself brought this on. He's already acknowledged that. There's no way in the world he can possibly conclude that "she brought this on".

They probably won't reinstate the guy because he has a history or reputation he created himself.

They probably won't reinstate the guy because he has a history or reputation he created himself.

Does he have a "history" ? I honestly haven't heard.
I have no idea...I am just giving the school the benefit of the doubt and applying conventional wisdom.

Translation:
"I'm making it up too".
Where did I make a definitive statement.

Post 12.
oops.

canadian logic is funny.

See what I mean about "making it up"?

Forum List

Back