Montana becomes eighth state to put measure protecting abortion on ballot

I did not realise that there were so many states who are considering this issue..

Seven states have already put abortion questions before voters since then – California, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Montana, Ohio and Vermont – and in each case abortion supporters won.

Does anybody know who the other 7 states are ?

The article outlines the dirty tricks the GOP went to in order to prevent this measure being voted on. And remember that these characters were desperate to make it a state decision. A state decision that nobody gets to vote for apart from old conservative men.

I do wonder if any body could mandate all states in holding a ballot.? That would be a democratic way to put this subject to bed.

Of course the evidence is that when voters get to vote on this issue they choose womens rights. So maybe the GOP would object to this.

AntiAbortion rights were trumps biggest triumph but it is turning into a noose round his neck.
Abortion moving to the States to allow voters to decide is how our gov't processes should work. Abortion has never been a constitutionally protected right and should have always remained with the states.

You probably didn't even read the article when, at the end, all that states that have placed abortion rights on the ballot, pro-choice has won. So what are you bitching about you wanker?

AntiAbortion rights were trumps biggest triumph but it is turning into a noose round his neck.
That is great , the decision should always be the woman's right to decide. I believe we will be able to vote on the issue and achieve the same freedoms here in Nebraska in November.

Forum List

Back