'Moral turpitude': Bill Barr hammers Donald Trump

Former Trump Attorney General Bill Barr delivered one of his harshest criticisms to date of his former boss on Thursday, accusing Donald Trump of “moral turpitude.”

“You know, you don’t get immunity for two years in the run-up to an election just by saying, ‘Hey, I’m a candidate,'” Barr told Fox News’ Neil Cavuto.

“These investigations have been going on for a while, everyone knew about them even before he even before he announced his candidacy,” Barr continued. “So if there’s a chance to get it resolved before the election, it should be because the American people should know these are crimes involved – or potential crimes – involving moral turpitude.”

“I think the federal cases are legitimate,” Barr said. “At the end of the day, at the core of this thing he engaged in – in the case of the documents – in outrageous behavior where anyone would be prosecuted. I don’t know of any attorney general who could walk away from it.”

“He’s not being prosecuted for having the documents, he’s being prosecuted for obstruction, two egregious instances are alleged so I think that’s a very simple case.”

Barr also said for him, Trump “crossed the line” when “he used this device of impaling imposter electors, swearing that they were the electors,

What is Barr talking about? He doesn't know anything about he Law.

Barr is a Deep State Operative, that just hates Trump.
I heard the former Trump NSA John Bolton say almost the same thing yesterday. He also said the Federal documents case is the one to take the fatman down.

So many to choose from it's hard to single out one case.

Former Trump Attorney General Bill Barr delivered one of his harshest criticisms to date of his former boss on Thursday, accusing Donald Trump of “moral turpitude.”

“You know, you don’t get immunity for two years in the run-up to an election just by saying, ‘Hey, I’m a candidate,'” Barr told Fox News’ Neil Cavuto.

“These investigations have been going on for a while, everyone knew about them even before he even before he announced his candidacy,” Barr continued. “So if there’s a chance to get it resolved before the election, it should be because the American people should know these are crimes involved – or potential crimes – involving moral turpitude.”

“I think the federal cases are legitimate,” Barr said. “At the end of the day, at the core of this thing he engaged in – in the case of the documents – in outrageous behavior where anyone would be prosecuted. I don’t know of any attorney general who could walk away from it.”

“He’s not being prosecuted for having the documents, he’s being prosecuted for obstruction, two egregious instances are alleged so I think that’s a very simple case.”

Barr also said for him, Trump “crossed the line” when “he used this device of impaling imposter electors, swearing that they were the electors,

What is Barr talking about? He doesn't know anything about he Law.

Barr is a Deep State Operative, that just hates Trump.
Yawn.

Who cares.

"Orange Man Has Moral Turpitude", just does not have the same ring to it as "Orange Man Bad" . Perhaps I am mistaken.

Yeah, locking up the most likely candidate for the president of the United States is a great idea!!!! Do you honestly think that will be good for our nation? Moral Turpitude right back at ya.

Yeah, locking up the most likely candidate for the president of the United States is a great idea!!!! Do you honestly think that will be good for our nation? Moral Turpitude right back at ya.
Trump stepped over the line. He disqualified himself

I agree with you Arlette, he probably did. Now let's consider the potential consequences of locking up the one person that half of Americans want to vote for. Justice for politicians has never been applied in my lifetime and IMHO, destroying America, just to get Trump, should not be the focus of the Democrat Party.

Which is obviously overblown bullshit, by every measure available.
After every election close to 80% say the country is headed in the wrong direction, and Congress has not had an approval rating of over 20% in half a century or so.

Try again.

It doesn't matter.

Orange Jesus's retarded cult would give him every last dime and die for him.

That means they're in a retarded cult.

LOL

I believe that if Trump would have just left office quietly, that his legal troubles would be far fewer than they are today. I also believe that many voters are also coming to that realization. Good grief,, life in prison? But of course we have to weigh in on his "moral turpitude" before locking up the ONE person that Americans would likely vote into the presidency.

I agree with you Arlette, he probably did. Now let's consider the potential consequences of locking up the one person that half of Americans want to vote for. Justice for politicians has never been applied in my lifetime and IMHO, destroying America, just to get Trump, should not be the focus of the Democrat Party.
You will have to get over it because it's too late to stop it now. The wheels of justice will just grind on now until a jury decides his fate. God has forsaken Donald Trump.

Trump recently stated "Nothing can stop what is coming". Perhaps that might be his most profound statement.

If you were to ask 100 people on the streets of America, I can guarantee that very few would be able to give the definition of the word "turpitude". "Gravely violates the sentiment or accepted behavior of the community." This is exactly the kind of hogwash that old souls hate about the new world.

Forum List

Back