🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

More brazen bribery as NY exempts TV and film industry from gun laws

Gotta help the liberals.. after all "its fair"

What hypocrisy! If they didn't, you'd be screaming how they were destroying another industry. This is a perfectly reasonable exception to the law, but reasonableness only seems to come into play when it's a conservative idea.

Exception to the law. Doesn't that phrase bother you at all?? If NY would just allow gun ownership like the constitution mandates, this issue wouldn't even come up.

The operative word is 'reasonable'. Once again you FAIL!!!

I really would like an explanation for this..
"It is BS and hypocritical. They want to talk about movies being a bad example for violence, but condone this? Dont give me that BS, Konradv"

Notice how the left ignores you on this.

It's all about special interest groups and money.

"It is BS and hypocritical. They want to talk about movies being a bad example for violence, but condone this? Dont give me that BS, Konradv"

Yep! The hypocrisy is eating their ass up!
It is fauxrage! LOL

What hypocrisy! If they didn't, you'd be screaming how they were destroying another industry. This is a perfectly reasonable exception to the law, but reasonableness only seems to come into play when it's a conservative idea.

Exception to the law. Doesn't that phrase bother you at all?? If NY would just allow gun ownership like the constitution mandates, this issue wouldn't even come up.

HAHAHA. Tell us about this "reasonable meter" you're designed.

Isn't it the same one used by CONS when they want to dispute environmental laws. If it hurts a business, you need to tale a closer look. Are you that myopic?!?!

This happens all the time in america. Lawmakers ban something and then sell exemptions!

New York politicians are going to make exceptions to the state's tough new gun control laws that allow movie crews to film fake gun fights on Manhattan streets | Mail Online

PUBLISHED: 00:13 EST, 28 February 2013 | UPDATED: 03:48 EST, 28 February 2013

New York pushed for the country’s strictest gun control laws following the Connecticut school shooting but they are now going back and making exceptions to allow the profitable movie industry to still film gun battles on the streets of Manhattan.

'We spend a lot of money in the state bringing movie production here, post-production here, so obviously we would want to facilitate that,' said Governor Andrew Cuomo, who wants to expand the film and TV tax credit.

He said movies and TV may use fake guns that wouldn't be subject to the new law but the industry wants 'certainty.'

The revised law would allow them to use real weapons without real ammunition.

'There's no reason not to make a change like that to give an industry comfort, especially when it's an industry we want to do business in the state,' the governor said.

Crony capitalism at work.

Can anyone explain why the government supports an industry that routinely makes hundreds of millions of dollars?

Gotta help the liberals.. after all "its fair"

Ever hear of computer generated graphics? It is what was used to create the lightsabers in Star Wars, and can easily make a replica gun with fake magazines look real. The only reason to exempt the movie industry from this law is that they depend on them for campaign contributions. If a Republican had done this you would be screaming your head off, you just have an inexplicable and illogical need to defend Democrats.

If the laws were reasonable there would be no need to carve out exceptions for anyone. That is how we know that laws about murder are reasonable, even cops can't walk up to someone who is minding their own business and shoot them in the back of the head.

Isn't it the same one used by CONS when they want to dispute environmental laws. If it hurts a business, you need to tale a closer look. Are you that myopic?!?!

Reasonable in an environmental law is if it passes a rational cost/benefit analysis. If it cost $1 million and saves the lives of 500 million people it is reasonable, if it costs $1 billion and saves the life of 1 person it is not reasonable.

How many people die every year from guns in Television and films? Zero? You guys are grasping for straws and are just looking stupid in your attempts b

How many people die every year from guns in Television and films? Zero? You guys are grasping for straws and are just looking stupid in your attempts b

do you get wood out of sounding stupid or something?

Number of deaths is not the issue. The issue is why are some people allowed to break laws while the rest of us have to obey them?

I just weighed in to compare the Dems Carbon Credits plan to indulges.

Guess your must think me not a leftie in this case, eh?

You keep doing the same thing..calling the Dems lefties.

They're not.

Not remotely.

They are big corporation big government INSIDERS, no less than the GOP.

I just weighed in to compare the Dems Carbon Credits plan to indulges.

Guess your must think me not a leftie in this case, eh?

You keep doing the same thing..calling the Dems lefties.

They're not.

Not remotely.

They are big corporation big government INSIDERS, no less than the GOP.

I didn't say Dems were lefties, I stated that lefties were ignoring Harley's point.

Left or right, it's about special interest groups and money. I don't see a difference.

Forum List

Back