More economic good news: Job openings hit 14 year high

"More economic good news: Job openings hit 14 year high"

What's sad and telling is that for many on the right this constitutes political bad news.

Response from the right

1. Deny it
2. Claim they are all low paying jobs
3. Point to other economic indicators
4. Take credit for it
Their was always good jobs , I changed jobs 5 times in the past 8 years but don't deny the facts that 7 million are working part time jobs (as of last November) thanks to Obama care and his 30 hour work week.

There is no evidence that Obamacare has made an impact on part time work

Republicans predicted that Obamacare would drive the unemployment rate above 8%. It is at 5.5% and we are adding 230,000 jobs a month
the news evidence has been all around for the past 7 years don't tell me you are like franko?

We all posted many links, but if you want to hide your head in the sand, it don't bother me much because I am doing ok, while your fellow democrats are scratching their heads.
In Nutjobber's world the biggest threat to the health, safety, and well being of America is a GOP victory anywhere.

Bush bashers don't you share some responsibility for Bush? I mean its not our fault you couldn't field a candidate capable of beating Bush, that's kind of pathetic really. Second when will you people take responsibility for YOUR actions? Your asshole leaders in the Democratic party did nothing but talk the economy into the ditch from 2007 to 2009, in addition to controlling both houses of congress. It was so bad that a couple months after Obama was sworn in, Bill Clinton had to take the fool aside and tell him to stop with the economic doom and gloom talk already, you won idiot.
lets all sing the rationalizing song.

I see I struck a nerve.
nope it's as always wishful thinking on your part.. I'm bullet proof to conservative shit.

Bush bashers don't you share some responsibility for Bush? I mean its not our fault you couldn't field a candidate capable of beating Bush, that's kind of pathetic really. Second when will you people take responsibility for YOUR actions? Your asshole leaders in the Democratic party did nothing but talk the economy into the ditch from 2007 to 2009, in addition to controlling both houses of congress. It was so bad that a couple months after Obama was sworn in, Bill Clinton had to take the fool aside and tell him to stop with the economic doom and gloom talk already, you won idiot.

I see I struck a nerve.
nope it's as always wishful thinking on your part.. I'm bullet proof to conservative shit.

Translation, facts can't penetrate the 4 inches of your Neanderthal skull.

I see I struck a nerve.

what facts? what I see is fantasy retelling of history.

Job openings hit 14-year high in April

The number of job openings in the U.S. surged to a 14-year high in April in a sign that job growth could strengthen further in coming months, the Labor Department said Tuesday.
Employers posted 5.4 million openings in April, up from 5.1 million in March and the most since labor began tracking the figure in 2000, according to the Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey.(JOLTS).
The number of hires fell slightly to 5 million but remained near recent highs.
Labor reported last week that employers added a net 221,000 jobs in April and 280,000 in May as the labor market bounced back after a harsh winter. Tuesday's JOLTS report provides a more detailed view of hiring and employee movements

How many times do you have to be told that jobs are a lagging indicator? Today's job growth is due to Reagan. Obama's job numbers are the first six months of his Presidency.

The number of job openings in the U.S. surged to a 14-year high in April in a sign that job growth could strengthen further in coming months, the Labor Department said Tuesday.
Employers posted 5.4 million openings in April, up from 5.1 million in March and the most since labor began tracking the figure in 2000, according to the Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey.(JOLTS).
Labor reported last week that employers added a net 221,000 jobs in April and 280,000 in May as the labor market bounced back after a harsh winter. Tuesday's JOLTS report provides a more detailed view of hiring and employee movements

How many times do you have to be told that jobs are a lagging indicator? Today's job growth is due to Reagan. Obama's job numbers are the first six months of his Presidency.
right! Reagan could walk on water too!

Anyone who wants a job here can find one easily. The minimum wage is well above the federal level which causes all wages to be higher. We have much higher median income and standard of living.

And expenses? From what I've been able to tell, the cost of living outweighs the higher wages. Nonetheless, Seattle has a very good overall economy.

Bush bashers don't you share some responsibility for Bush? I mean its not our fault you couldn't field a candidate capable of beating Bush, that's kind of pathetic really

Same reason why ODS loons are primarily responsible for Obama.

about 5% of the population need to be unemployed to keep the economy stable

That's an unfounded statement.
false!

I'm waiting....

There is nothing that requires 5% unemployment to keep the economy stable. It just so happens that historically, the economy has been most stable at around 5% unemployment. Not because there is anything about that level which creates stability. It's just that lower unemployment is incredibly difficult to maintain for extended periods of time, because the economy itself is inherently unstable. The economy is in a constant state of flux, and so is the workforce.

In reality, if we could get rid of all the illegal immigrants in the country, we could achieve less than 1% unemployment. Nothing bad to the economy would necessarily happen. In fact, the economy would probably be stronger than ever. The market would strongly favor workers. That would, in turn, cause lower end wages to rise naturally, with minimal inflationary effect. Income inequality would decrease significantly. It just won't last too long, because more people will enter the workforce over time than will leave it, so the unemployment rate will steadily creep up a bit.

Good lord, I know. The Walmart, McDonalds, and Meijer are ALWAYS hiring. lol Ever since that ACA passed, part-time jobs are falling off trees.

The local siding and window places, and the cabinet manufacturers laid off all the full timers, they only want part time folks now, and they just can't seem to hold on to enough skilled workers that will do it w/o the benefits. Who needs those jobs now? Medical is no longer a worry, and they only hire part-timers. Skilled part-timers? Go figure. The temp agencies are critically understaffed now. What would solve this dilemma?

Ewww, how about a HUGE influx of immigrants that are dirt poor and don't have mortgages or aren't in debt already? That might do the trick, eh?
Wholesale lumber prices continue to fall,not a good sign,housing starts up some then slip back,these are bell weathers,there is much much room for improvement.

You mean the Lumber that is twice the price of when Obama took over...

Where were you when the price was going down for 3 years under Bush?

FAIL!!!!!
Buuuuuuush freaking broken record,and for the record cow girl I was saying the same things then,take responsibility for NOW TODAY.

I see I struck a nerve.

That's because your liberal koolaid IV has flooded your brain.

Employment is certainly a lagging indicator in the business cycle which averages a bit less than 6 years, not 25 years.

Employment is certainly a lagging indicator in the business cycle which averages a bit less than 6 years, not 25 years.

Perhaps if you look closer you'll be able to pick up the irony.

I see I struck a nerve.

more fantasy.

I see I struck a nerve.

more fantasy.

^^^ more denial. It must suck to be a liberal these days after the American people kicked them to the curb.

Forum List

Back