🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

More Gun Owners Also Have Higher Suicide Rates, Study Finds

I am still waiting.......how is it that Japan, China and South Korea......where only criminals and cops are allowed to have guns have higher suicide rates than we do.......

I always ask.....should we give them guns in case that might lower their suicide rate?

If someone is intent on offing themselves they will find a way, gun or no gun.

Buh, buh, buh, there weren't ever, ever, any suicides before the invention of firearms.

Oh, wait.

the-death-of-socrates.jpg

Interesting

40,000 suicides a year, on average,

18,000 attributed to firearms.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported 21,175 firearm suicides in 2013 compared to 11,208 firearm homicides.

How many total suicides?

I wonder how many democrat suicides when Bush Jr won a 2nd term?

Lmao

237 People Who Will ‘Literally’ Kill Themselves If Trump Wins

The discussion isn't about the 'why', it's about the 'means'

Typically shallow libtard response. It has everything to do with the why.

Not surprising findings.

With More Guns Comes More Suicide, Study Finds

"Our study adds to the consistent finding that among both males and females, increased prevalence of firearms is clearly associated with an increase in the firearm-specific suicide rate," said Dr. Michael Siegel, lead author and a professor of community health sciences, in a statement. "The magnitude of this relationship is substantial and warrants attention from policymakers."

I guess that's good news.....if they quit killing others.

If you're scared of guns, you don't have to own one young lady.

Way to hit on the topic. Moron.

It is on topic you little bitch. Just because you are scared of guns, doesn't mean the 2nd Amendment precludes me from having one.

Frankly, I don't care if 10M people a year are shot with a gun. I will not give up my 2nd Amendment rights, and it is ridiculous of you to ask me to.

You sound like the typical NRA "Obama's gonna take my guns away" right-wing extremist. Nobody is asking you to give up your 2nd Amendment rights. Nobody is taking your guns away..... hopefully you won't kill some innocent person, instead you'll just end up being part of the next study on suicides by gun owners.

Here is my theory. It isn't the guns themselves that are causing the suicides. I suggest that a percentage of gun owners purchase their weapons due to fear. These fears may be real or imagined. Are those that imagine fear and go so far as purchasing a gun more likely to off themselves? I can't say, just suggesting reason for correlation and we've seen plenty of damage done by those with mental illness.

Not surprising findings.

"Our study adds to the consistent finding that among both males and females, increased prevalence of firearms is clearly associated with an increase in the firearm-specific suicide rate," said Dr. Michael Siegel, lead author and a professor of community health sciences, in a statement. "The magnitude of this relationship is substantial and warrants attention from policymakers."

And you're still far, far more likely to die at the hands of a doctor than from a firearm. Overwhelmingly in fact.

Not surprising findings.

And you're still far, far more likely to die at the hands of a doctor than from a firearm. Overwhelmingly in fact.

And you would also die without a doctor.

Not surprising findings.

LOL. So if you have a gun you are more likely to kill yourself with a gun. How much did they spend on that study?

The "study" says states with higher gun ownership. Many people have more than one gun so that would skew that conclusion. Besides it doesn't even matter, it doesn't effect me.

Upon review here it does seem to have pretty pointless results. The one stat that was interesting is an increased rate among male gun owners. But like someone mentioned how long did they own the gun? If they bought the gun just for suicide it is different than a long time gun owner having an increased rate.

I think there is a lot to this study.

I keep my guns unloaded and locked up in a safe. Just the other night, I was laying down to go to sleep and I heard a gentle tapping. I got up to investigate. It was coming from my gun safe. As I approached, there it was again. I leaned close to the safe and listened. Then I heard the voice from within say,

"Kill yourself".

tumblr_marid2x0Fh1qg39ewo1_500.gif
So, you said "NO!", and went back to bed...

Forum List

Back