🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

More Gun Owners Also Have Higher Suicide Rates, Study Finds

If you're scared of guns, you don't have to own one young lady.

Way to hit on the topic. Moron.

It is on topic you little bitch. Just because you are scared of guns, doesn't mean the 2nd Amendment precludes me from having one.

Frankly, I don't care if 10M people a year are shot with a gun. I will not give up my 2nd Amendment rights, and it is ridiculous of you to ask me to.

You sound like the typical NRA "Obama's gonna take my guns away" right-wing extremist. Nobody is asking you to give up your 2nd Amendment rights. Nobody is taking your guns away..... hopefully you won't kill some innocent person, instead you'll just end up being part of the next study on suicides by gun owners.
No need for more laws...

Not surprising findings.

With More Guns Comes More Suicide, Study Finds

"Our study adds to the consistent finding that among both males and females, increased prevalence of firearms is clearly associated with an increase in the firearm-specific suicide rate," said Dr. Michael Siegel, lead author and a professor of community health sciences, in a statement. "The magnitude of this relationship is substantial and warrants attention from policymakers."

And you're still far, far more likely to die at the hands of a doctor than from a firearm. Overwhelmingly in fact.

And you would also die without a doctor.
2016 Real Time Death Statistics in America

It is on topic you little bitch. Just because you are scared of guns, doesn't mean the 2nd Amendment precludes me from having one.

Frankly, I don't care if 10M people a year are shot with a gun. I will not give up my 2nd Amendment rights, and it is ridiculous of you to ask me to.

You sound like the typical NRA "Obama's gonna take my guns away" right-wing extremist. Nobody is asking you to give up your 2nd Amendment rights. Nobody is taking your guns away..... hopefully you won't kill some innocent person, instead you'll just end up being part of the next study on suicides by gun owners.

First of all, REAL classy of you to wish suicide on someone. That's just fucking pathetic.

Second of all, you don't have to confiscate ALL guns to infringe on the 2nd Amendment, but of course you actually know that, what you don't know how to do is frame an honest debate.

Are you 12 years old?

That seems to tell me that maybe the focus should be more in mental health and less on guns trying to figure out why these people are killing themselves rather than how they choose to do it.
(1) Last decade’s severe recession, (2) more drug addiction, (3) “gray divorce,” (4) increased social isolation, and even (5) the rise of the Internet and social media may have contributed to the growth in suicide, according to a variety of people who study the issue.

article

Wow, you're a nasty bitch. Yes, many DO want our guns. Hillary thinks Bernie is too soft on guns!

Brain357, regardless of any statistics, there are approximately 80 million private citizens who own approximately 300 million firearms. All those I have spoken with at the firing range are in agreement that they will not give up their firearms without a fight, so this can be figured to be the same response regardless of what range one goes to. Allowing for some bravado/testosterone, there are still millions of us who will have to be killed to get the guns.
So, despite your statistics, what's your point? We're not going anywhere and we aren't giving them up, regardless of any treasonous laws that might come about.

Brain357, regardless of any statistics, there are approximately 80 million private citizens who own approximately 300 million firearms. All those I have spoken with at the firing range are in agreement that they will not give up their firearms without a fight, so this can be figured to be the same response regardless of what range one goes to. Allowing for some bravado/testosterone, there are still millions of us who will have to be killed to get the guns.
So, despite your statistics, what's your point? We're not going anywhere and we aren't giving them up, regardless of any treasonous laws that might come about.
What....no actual written response?

Sorry your comment was so silly it didn't seem necessary. First I'm not arguing to take guns. And if I were you bet a bunch of white guys with families would give up their guns that they don't need for anything. The turds in the Oregon standoff thought like you and now one is dead and the rest in jail.

The point of course is looking to save lives.

Sorry your comment was so silly it didn't seem necessary. First I'm not arguing to take guns. And if I were you bet a bunch of white guys with families would give up their guns that they don't need for anything. The turds in the Oregon standoff thought like you and now one is dead and the rest in jail.

Nothing silly about the post. The handful of goofs that wanted to hold a federal wildlife reserve basically hostage thinking that the federal government would agree to give up federal lands, were seriously deluded. This isn't the same thing at all. Thousands of ragtag old and young afghans armed with AK-47's, handguns, RPG's and IED's have wreaked havoc in Afghanistan for years against the better organized and equipped US military. If even as low as 10% of the 80 million gun owners said "not without a fight" and meant it, that's 8 million people that won't give them up without shedding their blood, which they would, but the ensuing carnage over years would be devastating.

Nothing silly about the post. The handful of goofs that wanted to hold a federal wildlife reserve basically hostage thinking that the federal government would agree to give up federal lands, were seriously deluded. This isn't the same thing at all. Thousands of ragtag old and young afghans armed with AK-47's, handguns, RPG's and IED's have wreaked havoc in Afghanistan for years against the better organized and equipped US military. If even as low as 10% of the 80 million gun owners said "not without a fight" and meant it, that's 8 million people that won't give them up without shedding their blood, which they would, but the ensuing carnage over years would be devastating.

You would never find 8 million idiots. You can't compare afghans in a shithole with nothing to lose to comfortable living white guys with families to take care of. Sorry but it is silly. Most of the 80 million could be without their guns for weeks before even noticing they are gone. People who are comfortable with a lot to lose don't fight for something they don't need for anything.

You would never find 8 million idiots. You can't compare afghans in a shithole with nothing to lose to comfortable living white guys with families to take care of. Sorry but it is silly. Most of the 80 million could be without their guns for weeks before even noticing they are gone. People who are comfortable with a lot to lose don't fight for something they don't need for anything.
Nobody needs a gun...

until they do!

47 percent of transconfusions kill themselves despite having their genitals mutilated. Op they need ur help.

I think we should apply the same logic Republicans apply to whether or not we should allow refugees from Syria.....they claim we should not allow any refugees from Syria because we never know if one of them might be a terrorist.

By the same logic, we should not allow anyone to buy a gun, because we never know if one of those buyers is going to be a mass murderer.

'nuf said.

Forum List

Back