More lefties learn the glory of the 15 dollar minimum wage....unemployment.....

Your point made no sense. Min wage has increased many times, we know what happens. Stop making things up.
Okay, it's all about hard numbers only. No such thing as business psychology.

Got it. Never mind.

Yes min wage has increased many times. We know what happens:
Yes we do. It results in those at the low end remaining at the low end, and the low end moving up ultimately means nothing because everything else moves with it.

You would have to prove inflation increases by the same amount as the increase. I don't think you can do that.
Inflation goes up every year. If it goes up by 2% every year for 10 years, costs are up by about 20%. Thus, any positive effects of a 20% bump in the MW are gone in a decade. Bottom line, raising the MW just feeds into inflation. Better to allow the economy to grow, thus raising demand for labor and raising pay. Ever wonder why McDonald's workers in North Dakota were making $14/hour? Not because of an arbitrary MW.

So it then depends on the size and frequency of increases.

False.

1. Those making a little more than MW now will rightly demand an increase when they're again making MW.
2. Many union contracts are based on the MW and would increase with it.

And the last thing America needs is our already overpaid workers making even more money.

So you want a slow economy forever? Wages have been stagnant, they aren't overpaid.

False.

1. Those making a little more than MW now will rightly demand an increase when they're again making MW.

And the last thing America needs is our already overpaid workers making even more money.
If their work is worth more money, absolutely they should earn it. If I know how to run a backhoe, and a construction boom happens, I would expect to earn a lot more than if construction was down across the board. Simple demand drives up the cost and I benefit.

Okay, it's all about hard numbers only. No such thing as business psychology.

Got it. Never mind.

Yes we do. It results in those at the low end remaining at the low end, and the low end moving up ultimately means nothing because everything else moves with it.

You would have to prove inflation increases by the same amount as the increase. I don't think you can do that.
Inflation goes up every year. If it goes up by 2% every year for 10 years, costs are up by about 20%. Thus, any positive effects of a 20% bump in the MW are gone in a decade. Bottom line, raising the MW just feeds into inflation. Better to allow the economy to grow, thus raising demand for labor and raising pay. Ever wonder why McDonald's workers in North Dakota were making $14/hour? Not because of an arbitrary MW.

Haven't I been saying that all along?

Haven't I been saying that all along?

You are claiming everything moves at the same rate. Inflation will happen without an increase. Clearly they are better off with an increase.

If they have more customers they don't need to raise prices. Increasing income of customers makes them go out to eat more often. Hence restaurant sales increase. Try not to get lost.

Is it the job losses among the lower income that will lead to the increasing sales?

There have never been job losses from a minimum wage increase. It has been increased many times and we know this.

Right. WHen wages go from $7.25 to $15.00, why would any sane business owner try to reduce staff? I'm sure the low skilled workers will suddenly double their productivity.

I dont know what it is with liberals and basic math.
Maybe it needs to be put in a manner that they can understand.
Okay liberals lets try this....
Say you get 600 bucks a month on your EBT card and your favorite weed doubles in price? What are you going to do?
Smoke less weed? Smoke cheaper weed? Or go rob a liquor store?

You seem to ignore that customers are getting an increase just as employees are. That means increased sales.

You seem to ignore that customers are getting an increase just as employees are.

And employers have a decrease. Now that they have less to spend, where will they cut?

Is it the job losses among the lower income that will lead to the increasing sales?

There have never been job losses from a minimum wage increase. It has been increased many times and we know this.

Right. WHen wages go from $7.25 to $15.00, why would any sane business owner try to reduce staff? I'm sure the low skilled workers will suddenly double their productivity.

Say you get 600 bucks a month on your EBT card and your favorite weed doubles in price? What are you going to do?

You seem to ignore that customers are getting an increase just as employees are. That means increased sales.

You seem to ignore that customers are getting an increase just as employees are.

And employers have a decrease. Now that they have less to spend, where will they cut?

I'm giving up on Brain....less.
He's been going round and round with this shit throughout this whole thread.

Customers spend more increasing sales. Sales increase leads to increased profits to employers.

You should as you can't win. History is clear. Min wage increases do not increase unemployment.

False.

We must raise the minimum wage until every fast food worker can afford a nice 3 bedroom in the suburbs and a big SUV. Because.....screw you Warren Buffett!

Customers spend more increasing sales. Sales increase leads to increased profits to employers.

In 2012 there were 3.6 million minimum wage workers in the US.
So they'll buy more and the other 330 million Americans will buy less.
Unless your ignorance leads you to believe people buy more stuff when the price increases?
Will people pay any price for a Big Mac? Or is there a price point where revenue decreases? Where profit decreases?

You should as you can't win. History is clear. Min wage increases do not increase unemployment.

Minimum wage increases causing unemployment would suggest that employers were running their businesses before the increase with excess or surplus labor.

So you want a slow economy forever? Wages have been stagnant, they aren't overpaid.

I don't, but the cheap labor conservatives seem to.

Yes they don't seem to understand increased wages leads to more buying power. More buying power is good for an economy.

More buying power is good for an economy.

TANSTAAFL. The low skilled worker can buy more.
The employer can buy less. That's bad for the economy.
You don't seem to understand that.

In 2012 there were 3.6 million minimum wage workers in the US.
So they'll buy more and the other 330 million Americans will buy less.
Unless your ignorance leads you to believe people buy more stuff when the price increases?
Will people pay any price for a Big Mac? Or is there a price point where revenue decreases? Where profit decreases?

You would have to prove that an increase in wages of only 3.6 million would have a noticeable effect on inflation. I dont think you can.

Why would the Big Mac increase? Low wage people love fast food. They get wage increases and they eat out more. Eating out more increased sales and profits. No need to increase prices.

Either he failed his Freshman Econ 101 class, or he hasn't applied to his local community college yet. Kids (and liberals) stage one thinkers.

Applied Economics Thinking Beyond Stage One - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I don't, but the cheap labor conservatives seem to.

Yes they don't seem to understand increased wages leads to more buying power. More buying power is good for an economy.

More buying power is good for an economy.

TANSTAAFL. The low skilled worker can buy more.
The employer can buy less. That's bad for the economy.
You don't seem to understand that.

Again you ignore the effects of increased sales.

Either he failed his Freshman Econ 101 class, or he hasn't applied to his local community college yet. Kids (and liberals) stage one thinkers.

Applied Economics Thinking Beyond Stage One - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Oh I'm far better schooled in economics than you. That I know for sure.

Myth: Increasing the minimum wage will cause people to lose their jobs.

Not true: A review of 64 studies on minimum wage increases found no discernable effect on employment. Additionally, more than 600 economists, seven of them Nobel Prize winners in economics, have signed onto a letter in support of raising the minimum wage to $10.10 by 2016.

600 economists! 7 Nobel prize winners agree with me.

Forum List

Back