More men are single than women?

Then why do progressives work so hard to extend benefits to families to take care of children?

Child tax credit
Subsidized child care
Maternity leave

If Republicans want people to have kids, they should put their money where their mouths are

Ah yes, it takes a village, doesn't it?

So for women to have more children, taxpayers should foot the bill for it. Sorry, but I don't subscribe to that.

So for women to have more children, taxpayers should foot the bill for it. Sorry, but I don't subscribe to that.
Yes.

Raising kids is expensive. If the government doesn’t chip in, then women will just decide not to have children.

The effects of low birth rates and contracting population is extremely problematic for a country’s economy and well being. You’re creating a shortage of labor which will strangle economic growth and increase inflation.

Of course, we could always increase immigration instead.

I still haven't found a woman I'd consider marrying. Many young women today are too self-centered and only good for a roll in the hay.

I stayed single all of my life. I'm out of the dating thing at this age. When I was younger people warned me I would regret my decision never to marry or have children. Now that I'm older, it was the best decision I ever made.

I love women. I like talking with them on the phone, learning about their ambitions and life experiences, but once I do, I'm bored with them. I lived with a woman (with children) twice in my life. When it was time to move on, we parted ways and they just packed their stuff and left. No lawyers, no property arguments, no courts or judges.

I love my single lonely life. I have no dining room table in my dining room. I have this computer setup, a dartboard setup, and my electric keyboard. In my small living room I have an 80" HD television. If I want to drink beer all night, I just do it. If I want to come here and debate politics for hours on end, I just do it. I don't like anybody telling me what to do, where I'm going to have to go, or complaining on how I spend my time. If I want to stay up until 3:00 in the morning, that's what I do and not worry about how another person feels about my decisions in life.

I think that's what's happening around our country. I like to watch HGTV when there's no global warming. The top concern for married men is a space they want to call their Man Cave. More and more I think we men need our own space to do what we want. For me, my entire apartment is my man cave.

Yes.

Raising kids is expensive. If the government doesn’t chip in, then women will just decide not to have children.

The effects of low birth rates and contracting population is extremely problematic for a country’s economy and well being. You’re creating a shortage of labor which will strangle economic growth and increase inflation.

Or we can just maintain and even shrink the population we have. Our country was just dandy when we only had 300 million people, 270 million people, 240 million people. What is this weird obsession with population growth all the time? Less land means higher real estate prices, smaller yards, less apartments to rent as we are experiencing today. And labor isn't a problem. You don't need as much labor when there are less people to make things for.

Yes.

Bullshit and bullshit and more bullshit.
When my first wife and I had kids we certainly didn't have much money.
We lived in a 800 sq ft 4 room house. Diapers/Formula/Clothes etc. etc. were all expensive.
We both worked, but I went out and found ways to earn more money. I found work with a contractor to do some clean up work etc. in the late afternoons. My family helped out by bringing a pack of diapers when they visited etc.
I never thought for one millisecond that society owes me money to help raise our children. Never occurred to me to sit on our asses and have other people pay for our shit.
That is the difference.

Or we can just maintain and even shrink the population we have. Our country was just dandy when we only had 300 million people, 270 million people, 240 million people. What is this weird obsession with population growth all the time? Less land means higher real estate prices, smaller yards, less apartments to rent as we are experiencing today. And labor isn't a problem. You don't need as much labor when there are less people to make things for.
Of course labor is a problem. Who do you think is going to take care of you when you become old and infirm? Who is going to grow your food? Who is going to build your house?

Yes.

The effects of low birth rates and contracting population is extremely problematic for a country’s economy and well being.
I believe in self initiative and not relying on government for assistance. The decision to have kids is a personal one and the government should stay out of it.

We lived in a 800 sq ft 4 room house. Diapers/Formula/Clothes etc. etc. were all expensive.
We both worked, but I went out and found ways to earn more money. I found work with a contractor to do some clean up work etc. in the late afternoons. My family helped out by bringing a pack of diapers when they visited etc.
I never thought for one millisecond that society owes me money to help raise our children. Never occurred to me to sit on our asses and have other people pay for our shit.
That is the difference.
You realize people can just decide not to have kids, right?

That is the difference.
I applaud you for your attitude. Too many folks just want government handouts because they are too lazy to work.

I believe in self initiative and not relying on government for assistance. The decision to have kids is a personal one and the government should stay out of it.
It’s not about making a decision for people, it’s about providing incentives.

The health of the country, in terms of national and economic security, actually depend on people having kids.

It’s not about making a decision for people, it’s about providing incentives.

The health of the country, in terms of national and economic security, actually depend on people having kids.
There are plenty of incentives but I do agree that we need more people in the workforce.

There are plenty of incentives but I do agree that we need more people in the workforce.
If the population starts to shrink, the workforce will too. Moreover, since the population is tipping towards elderly, more of the workforce is going to be occupied providing care for them and even less devoted to more productive work.

We don’t provide nearly enough incentives to have kids, not anywhere near as compared to our peer nations. Conservatives love to talk about how important the family is, but their policies don’t prioritize them at all.

Of course labor is a problem. Who do you think is going to take care of you when you become old and infirm? Who is going to grow your food? Who is going to build your house?
More bullshit thinking.
Who is going to pay for caring for me when I get old... ME! It's called retirement savings, 403, 401k, pensions, SS I paid into for 40 years. ME! Equity in our home... all paid by ME!

If the population starts to shrink, the workforce will too. Moreover, since the population is tipping towards elderly, more of the workforce is going to be occupied providing care for them and even less devoted to more productive work.

We don’t provide nearly enough incentives to have kids, not anywhere near as compared to our peer nations. Conservatives love to talk about how important the family is, but their policies don’t prioritize them at all.
More bullshit.
Kids aren't having kids because they are being taught that traditional family structure is wrong.
Over 20% of kids are literally now mentally ill and claiming to be non binary. trans etc.
Getting married and having children is not attractive to them. Doesn't have a freaking thing to do with paying for it.

Forum List

Back