More refuse to stand for the Anthem. Good News...this time its no white people so you can be angry

I always find it interesting to see people in the United States, bashing their own country, when it is the only one which actually has the freedom of speech written into its Constitution. Elsewhere across this small blue/green planet, other governments can curtail it anytime they choose. Gathering in peaceful protests can also get you arrested in other nations.
The history of all nation states are stained with strife, bloodshed, slavery, et cetera. The United States over time became the beacon for individual liberty and goals.
Have a look at the annual International Democracy Index. Any year you choose. Get your specks on and find where (on that list) the US is placed.

Here's the one from 2007 ....... just to get you started. Take a look at page 3.

http://www.economist.com/media/pdf/DEMOCRACY_INDEX_2007_v3.pdf

I always find it interesting to see people in the United States, bashing their own country, when it is the only one which actually has the freedom of speech written into its Constitution. Elsewhere across this small blue/green planet, other governments can curtail it anytime they choose. Gathering in peaceful protests can also get you arrested in other nations.
The history of all nation states are stained with strife, bloodshed, slavery, et cetera. The United States over time became the beacon for individual liberty and goals.
Have a look at the annual International Democracy Index. Any year you choose. Get your specks on and find where (on that list) the US is placed.

Here's the one from 2007 ....... just to get you started. Take a look at page 3.

http://www.economist.com/media/pdf/DEMOCRACY_INDEX_2007_v3.pdf

The USA is a republican form of government.

Only the ignorant yearn for democracy, i.e. Mob Rule.

Actually the part about killing slaves who want their freedom is race neutral :eusa_dance:
Anyone who stands during the National Anthem is a racist who wants an immediate return to slavery.

Absolutely. I really think you have this one dialed in.
I was wondering who was going to be first person to start whining and turn it into people wishing to stand are racist. Typical butthurt white guy behavior. You guys are the only people that can turn "I'm Black and I'm proud" into "Kill Whitey"
My white half is uninterested in your predictable, obedient, emotional, counterproductive opinion.

Unlike you, I want to see race relations improved, repaired. People like you are simply in the way.
I didnt reply because I cared if you were interested or not. I was going to advice you of the silliness of your comment whether you liked it or not.

I've long wanted whites to get help for their inferiority complex. If you think thats getting in the way I now have to lower my opinion of your intellect.
Gosh, it looks like I'll have to find a way to proceed without your approval.
Not really. Even dumb people like you can make it in here.

West Virginia Tech volleyball players kneel during national anthem

MONTGOMERY, WV (WCHS/WVAH) — Following Colin Kaepernick, athletes across the nation are not standing for the national anthem and now some local college athletes are joining in the protest.

Before Wednesday night’s volleyball game at West Virginia University Tech, three volleyball players chose to take a stance on something they feel very strongly about by kneeling during the Star Spangled Banner in support of Kaepernick’s protest.

As an athlete and vice president of the Black Student Union at WVU Tech, Keyonna Morrow said that something needed to be done to show her support for Kaepernick's choice to kneel during the national anthem

"He’s exercising his right to choose to sit or stand, so you have to recognize that he's got that right," Morrow said.

Morrow and two other teammates chose to join the protest by kneeling when the anthem was played before the game, saying everyone should be treated equally.

"I hope that it just makes people reconsider before they judge someone for something,” Morrow said.

WVU Tech student Tiffany Reavis said she disagrees.

“You stand for the national anthem, regardless. It's kind of like a respect thing for everyone who served, here especially,” Reavis said.

At least, they did not put on a KKK hood! :lol:

Forum List

Back