More refuse to stand for the Anthem. Good News...this time its no white people so you can be angry

The National Anthem is racist. It was only a matter of time..
Next will be the US flag, especially if Trump is elected. There will be mass protests from the left for anything America. They will even avocate boycotting the US in every respect, except lefty institutions.
These people hate this country's history and traditions. They want a new country.

I keep telling them to move to Liberia or Gabon. They wouldn't have to deal with evil white racists there.

If some white person sat out the anthem and vowed to not stand as long as a Democrat was president, would there be such support?

I like the idea of dissidents refusing to stand for the Flag and the National Anthem. It identifies the misguided lowlife scum so they can be ignored in the future. A sports team who does it will be
turned off by me when they're on TV. TV networks hate it when the ratings go down. Every veteran I know is saddened by this unpatriotic stunt by dogshit scum scraped off of shoe soles. 'Nuff said.

See? Look! "Kill the slaves, we want more slaves, yay slavery!"

It's ALL OVER the place!

Fucking racist Anthem singers!

Oh, say, can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hail'd at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, thro' the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watch'd, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof thro' the night that our flag was still there.
O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore dimly seen thro' the mists of the deep,
Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
In full glory reflected, now shines on the stream:
'Tis the star-spangled banner: O, long may it wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion
A home and a country should leave us no more?
Their blood has wash'd out their foul footsteps' pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

O, thus be it ever when freemen shall stand,
Between their lov'd homes and the war's desolation;
Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the heav'n-rescued land
Praise the Pow'r that hath made and preserv'd us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust"
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave

Lets get over the fact that the Anthem sings about how awesome it is to kill slaves when they have the nerve to want to be free. Everyone should stand to support that :afro:
CC, slaves who signed up with the Brits for their freedom were our enemies on that day. We were at war with Britain. It wasn't racist--it was anti-enemy with a brief mention of who the enemy was.

See? Look! "Kill the slaves, we want more slaves, yay slavery!"

It's ALL OVER the place!

Fucking racist Anthem singers!

Oh, say, can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hail'd at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, thro' the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watch'd, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof thro' the night that our flag was still there.
O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore dimly seen thro' the mists of the deep,
Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
In full glory reflected, now shines on the stream:
'Tis the star-spangled banner: O, long may it wave

That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion
Their blood has wash'd out their foul footsteps' pollution.
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave:

O, thus be it ever when freemen shall stand,
Between their lov'd homes and the war's desolation;
Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the heav'n-rescued land
Praise the Pow'r that hath made and preserv'd us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust"
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave

Mac1958 , Francis Scott Key is describing the British, not Americans. These lyrics were explained to us by the teacher when I was in the 3d grade and people were proud of America.

So why don't we ever sing the rest?
Because the third verse is kind of embarrassing, especially in light of the "land of the free" business.

In the War of 1812, the British augmented their army with divisions of mercenaries and freed slaves. These slaves were promised an opportunity to shoot their former owners if they would help out the redcoats.
Heck, that's a bargain I would have probably taken.
Now, look at the third verse in that light:

That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.

The British army stunk up the place with their foul footsteps, but we used their blood to wash the place out. Kinda militaristic and barbaric, but we've all felt that way before, haven't we?
Now for the money quote:

From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:

Yeah, if you try to create an army with hirelings (mercenaries) and slaves (ours), then you're going to get what you paid for. But by contemporary standards, bragging about a military victory over an army of freed slaves makes the closing couplet into a freakin' joke:

Oh...The...Irony.

The Whited Sepulchre: An explanation of the lyrics of "The Star-Spangled Banner"

Lets get over the fact that the Anthem sings about how awesome it is to kill slaves when they have the nerve to want to be free. Everyone should stand to support that :afro:
CC, slaves who signed up with the Brits for their freedom were our enemies on that day. We were at war with Britain. It wasn't racist--it was anti-enemy with a brief mention of who the enemy was.

Even slaves that didn't sign up were the enemy also.

And the way they always make us sing the second and third verses of the National Anthem to prove that we want a return to slavery! Those fucking racists! And the flag! The Anthem refers to the flag! THE FLAG IS RACIST! THE ANTHEM IS RACIST! WE'RE ALL RACIST! AAUUUUGHHHH!.
Did you know the interstate highways were racist too?
THE INTERSTATE HIGHWAYS!!

AAAUUUUGGGGGGHHHHH!
Yep! I Kidd ewe knot!

I like the idea of dissidents refusing to stand for the Flag and the National Anthem. It identifies the misguided lowlife scum so they can be ignored in the future. A sports team who does it will be
turned off by me when they're on TV. TV networks hate it when the ratings go down. Every veteran I know is saddened by this unpatriotic stunt by dogshit scum scraped off of shoe soles. 'Nuff said.

If I just turn off da' TEEVEE but cable box still on.........does it count as ratings? yes I have too much time at times.

And the way they always make us sing the second and third verses of the National Anthem to prove that we want a return to slavery! Those fucking racists! And the flag! The Anthem refers to the flag! THE FLAG IS RACIST! THE ANTHEM IS RACIST! WE'RE ALL RACIST! AAUUUUGHHHH!.

AAAUUUUGGGGGGHHHHH!
All trees are racist and the forests need to be cut down.
If some white person sat out the anthem and vowed to not stand as long as a Democrat was president, would there be such support?
that reminds me, them ass yards are always complaining about we knot respecting the office of da presidente and here they is not respecting da whole damn country! Sheesh!

West Virginia Tech volleyball players kneel during national anthem

MONTGOMERY, WV (WCHS/WVAH) — Following Colin Kaepernick, athletes across the nation are not standing for the national anthem and now some local college athletes are joining in the protest.

Before Wednesday night’s volleyball game at West Virginia University Tech, three volleyball players chose to take a stance on something they feel very strongly about by kneeling during the Star Spangled Banner in support of Kaepernick’s protest.

As an athlete and vice president of the Black Student Union at WVU Tech, Keyonna Morrow said that something needed to be done to show her support for Kaepernick's choice to kneel during the national anthem

"He’s exercising his right to choose to sit or stand, so you have to recognize that he's got that right," Morrow said.

Morrow and two other teammates chose to join the protest by kneeling when the anthem was played before the game, saying everyone should be treated equally.

"I hope that it just makes people reconsider before they judge someone for something,” Morrow said.

WVU Tech student Tiffany Reavis said she disagrees.

“You stand for the national anthem, regardless. It's kind of like a respect thing for everyone who served, here especially,” Reavis said.

This is our President. He is BLACK. FYI. Also, he is crying because he can't take your stupidity. Or his own, for that matter.
160107101405-01-obama-tears-0107-super-169.jpg

AAAUUUUGGGGGGHHHHH!

It's the blacktop?

To be all PC and all, cuz there are gay blacks........

Black bottom?

Even slaves that didn't sign up were the enemy also.
If you got some history there the rest of don't know about, bring it. It is a song about our military struggle during the War of 1812. Within that context, I don't see any other part of the anthem that refers to slavery.

IF I let them stay on the team.........run stairs till cows come home. ride pine till splinters up tight butt.
anyone else wanna get out of line? Japanese style.....nail stick out....must be hammer down.

If I just turn off da' TEEVEE but cable box still on.........does it count as ratings? yes I have too much time at times.
You figure it out, bored-to-death genius.

Measuring ratings[edit]
Nielsen television ratings are gathered in one of two ways:

1. Viewer "diaries", in which a target audience self-records its viewing or listening habits. By targeting various demographics, the assembled statistical models provide a rendering of the audiences of any given show, network, and programming hour.
  2. A more technologically sophisticated system uses Set Meters, which are small devices connected to televisions in selected homes. These devices gather the viewing habits of the home and transmit the information nightly to Nielsen through a "Home Unit" connected to a phone line. The technology-based home unit system is meant to allow market researchers to study television viewing habits on a minute to minute basis, seeing the exact moment viewers change channels or turn off their television set. In addition to set meters, individual viewer reporting devices, such as people meters, have allowed the company to separate household viewing information into various demographic groups, but so far Nielsen has refused to change its distribution of data of ethnic groups into subgroups[clarification needed], which could give more targeted information to networks and advertisers.
Changing systems of viewing have impacted Nielsen's methods of market research. In 2005, Nielsen began measuring the usage of digital video recording devices such as TiVo. Initial results indicated that time-shifted viewing will have a significant impact on television ratings. A year later, the networks were not yet figuring these new results into their ad rates because of the resistance of advertisers.[2]

Nielsen ratings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back