More refuse to stand for the Anthem. Good News...this time its no white people so you can be angry

Lets get over the fact that the Anthem sings about how awesome it is to kill slaves when they have the nerve to want to be free. Everyone should stand to support that :afro:

What part of the song is that exactly? I thought it was about an attack on a US fort by the British

"
Their blood has wash'd out their foul footstep's pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave"

You DO understand that the British used "hirelings" (mercenaries) and slaves to fight against the US in the War of 1812, right? - your supposition that these were supposedly slaves fighting for their freedom is historically inaccurate. In fact, these "hirelings and slaves" were enemies of the United States and, frankly, deserved to die. That's what war is all about ....

Lets get over the fact that the Anthem sings about how awesome it is to kill slaves when they have the nerve to want to be free. Everyone should stand to support that :afro:

What part of the song is that exactly? I thought it was about an attack on a US fort by the British

"
Their blood has wash'd out their foul footstep's pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave"

You DO understand that the British used "hirelings" (mercenaries) and slaves to fight against the US in the War of 1812, right? - your supposition that these were supposedly slaves fighting for their freedom is historically inaccurate. In fact, these "hirelings and slaves" were enemies of the United States and, frankly, deserved to die. That's what war is all about ....
I guess in your whiteness you dont get that if someone is a slave then fighting against being a slave is a good thing. Face it. The anthem was written by a white guy for whites to feel patriotic. Basically sheep music. Dont expect me to respect that and whine when I dont.

The National Anthem is racist.

It was only a matter of time.

Actually the part about killing slaves who want their freedom is race neutral :eusa_dance:
Anyone who stands during the National Anthem is a racist who wants an immediate return to slavery.

Absolutely. I really think you have this one dialed in.
I was wondering who was going to be first person to start whining and turn it into people wishing to stand are racist. Typical butthurt white guy behavior. You guys are the only people that can turn "I'm Black and I'm proud" into "Kill Whitey"
My white half is uninterested in your predictable, obedient, emotional, counterproductive opinion.

Unlike you, I want to see race relations improved, repaired. People like you are simply in the way.

Last edited:
Funny this wasn't an issue for your entire life until a month ago.

Talk about a fake movement

Aww thats cute that your lilly white ass never knew about protesting the anthem until an NFL player did it. And you think its something new. Awww, thats precious.

National Anthem - The Star-Spangled Banner (USA Anthem) Lyrics | MetroLyrics
Oh, say! can you see by the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming;
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there:
Oh, say! does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep,
Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
In fully glory reflected now shines in the stream:
'Tis the star-spangled banner! Oh, long may it wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion
A home and a country should leave us no more?
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution!

No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave:

And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Oh, thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Bless with victory and peace, may the heav'rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust":
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

I suppose that the underscored text is what you refer to here?

It is referring to the mercenaries and recruited slaves formed into military units returning to kill their former masters and neighbors alike.

The Whited Sepulchre: An explanation of the lyrics of "The Star-Spangled Banner"

But that is all good in your mind because it is more hatred directed at the USA that fought a bloody war to free these slaves and their descendants decades later.

We outgrew our moral flaws and corrected them as we came to agree on what they were, unlike your Uncle Joe or Chairman Mao who slaughtered tens of millions of people to make all of them slaves to their government.

This is just more proof of the hatred that the far left has of our nation that has given more people more personal freedom than any prior nation on the face of this planet.

Piss on you CC and all your fellow Marxist bastards with you.

Oh say does that star spangled banner yet wave, so have some fun and kill a slave, cause it's awesome.. I forgot about that line.

These retards have just found something else to whine about. It's so old

Yep. Even Rush Limbaugh could predict this turn of events about a year ago.

But that is all good in your mind because it is more hatred directed at the USA that fought a bloody war to free these slaves and their descendants decades later.

So I should only express gratitude for them fighting to free some slaves for economic purposes but I cant express any negative anything about the hundreds of years of slavery. I should apologize.

I apologize that I'm not sorry :2up:

CC, slaves who signed up with the Brits for their freedom were our enemies on that day. We were at war with Britain. It wasn't racist--it was anti-enemy with a brief mention of who the enemy was.

Even slaves that didn't sign up were the enemy also.

No they were not, you lying sack of shit.

So I should only express gratitude for them fighting to free some slaves for economic purposes but I cant express any negative anything about the hundreds of years of slavery. I should apologize.

I apologize that I'm not sorry :2up:
No, you should take a more mature and complex view of our nations history and be thankful that my ancestors fought for your ancestors freedom, you fucking idiot.

Folks, check your afro-american history, afro-americans invented the National Anthem! :p

Actually that battle hymn should be changed to God Bless America. The Flyers actually had better games when Kate sang it instead of the National Anthem.
Why dont you go fuck yourself?

I have a lot of grievances with left wing America and blacks, shall I not stand for the anthem?

If everyone who has a complaint did not stand, then who is left? Why even have the anthem played anymore? You liberal dumfuks really can't understand how your childish tantrums are ruining this place

To all of you who are suggesting objectors go live somewhere else, it has never been
America: Love it or Leave it

It has always been
America: Love it or Change it.

You are all at it all the time. Everyone has that right without being told to leave.

To all of you who are suggesting objectors go live somewhere else, it has never been

It has always been

You are all at it all the time. Everyone has that right without being told to leave.
14202485_10157331125770632_6914753729208221597_n.jpg

The National Anthem is racist.

It was only a matter of time.

Next will be the US flag, especially if Trump is elected. There will be mass protests from the left for anything America. They will even advocate boycotting the US in every respect, except lefty institutions.
This country hasn't a chance of survival.

not you white christ stained country of yesterday, you are not the standard or control the narrative anymore

It has always been

Everyone wants changes, so what?

Nobody should stand for the anthem

If these people don't like what our homeland is about, why are they here then?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
If you don't like what sport is all about then you should only attend the half-time, flag-waving and propaganda extravaganza. You don't see the guy strutting all over the field of play with his pig socks during that ... do ya'?
what is sport all about? isn't it a competition? What do you supposed that means? It's a battle. The reason for the anthem is for the battle. Seems you should learn what sport is.

It has always been

Everyone wants changes, so what?

Nobody should stand for the anthem
Okay. Maybe love of country isn't popular anymore. I'm just an old lady.

Forum List

Back